Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 20, 2024, 10:12:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Rules Response  (Read 7938 times)
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »

yeah i read about that before. the people who deleted them had nothin' to say.
Report to moderator   Logged

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »

(if you dont feal like reading this its basicly is saying make a 18 years + board with more less restrictions)

thats true lost, a simple no Spamming, no vile language, no name calling would of been fine..

but even after that sence when has spaceo became a family game? cussing and bad words are a part of a war game, not everyone loves each other but in end its just a game and most of us know that lol.. if the mods see a post about a war and alot of insults are tossed around so be it.. thouse people posting dont have to post, respond, or read the fourms its their choise us players in war use words are just another tactic to beat the enemy dispite how remote you think that tactic is it works.

now if someone starts cusssing on a "Whats your favorite picture in the galaxy" post thats entirly different... if a topic is on a war or fight GET OVER IT and let it go on until the battle is ended, hell you can even make a fourm board for that, and make it only viewable to players over 18 years of age (most wont see that comming when regersisting or even know the board exists with a fourm account under 18 years of age) us 85-90% adults dont want to suffer in our loss of ablity to get angry and cuss at each other due to the 5-10% of the spaceo pouplation at the age of 12-13 which almost never stay with the game for more than a few weeks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:34:23 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »

Hmm, myes, myes. That might be a viable alternative.

One must remember, though, that part of the reason for those rules is to maintain a certain amount of decency and to avoid flame wars.

I guess, if enough people wanted it, the forum team could create a Rant Board in the forum, devoted entirely to ranting, flame wars, and "heated discussions."

I've seen it done before, so it might be something to consider, if deemed appropriate for the kind of atmosphere the forum team wants to maintain.

The entire thing might take some pressure off of the other boards.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »

I barely delete anything without notifying the person I did so, I think a person has the right to know why his topic got deleted.

For really nonesence topics I skip that, like topics with just a link in it.

Still fun how some people are whining mods shouldnt do anything and meanwhile they report posts themselfs..... ow well

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »

im just whining that i want ONE board that mods have no power on, so i cant get in trouble haha

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 10:11:34 PM »

No power?

That certainly ain't happen'n...

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 05:53:31 AM »

Lamma we are discussing making a board with way more freedom then the normal board and to allow some degree of insulting and flaming, but even there we have to take care it doesnt get to bad.

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »

I am pressuring Emi into upgrading these forums to SMF 2.0 Public Beta, I have been playing with them on my server.  The provide updated group support, and would make an 18+ group easier.  If he decides to upgrade to 2.0, this will be the first thing I add, however, mods will still have power over it just incase it gets into racism etc. (hopefully it won't...you guys should be mature enough for that), anyways, I will go ahead and create a rant board, but there will be a few simple rules (No excessive spam, no prejudism etc.)...it will have a Warning in the description, which should be good enough until (and if) Emi upgrades.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 03:38:26 PM »

hey im fine with people insulting or cussing me out lol, that should be up to the poster..

and thanks for the rant board, exp the fueds, this will come in handy when wars start..

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: