Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 12:13:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alt abuse by either chicken or masterjohn  (Read 8317 times)
Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2010, 12:33:53 PM »

TOS clearly states you may not attack someone twice within 24 hours with two accounts controled by one person. Two days ago     missionfighter (#27469) scounted my planet. next day chicken and masterjohn attempted to take my planet well within the 24 hours since missionfighter scouted. This is a CLEAR violation of the tos and needs to be dealt with immediately as they tried scouting with the same account yet again today. Either man up and enforce the rules or remove the rules theyre violating from the tos.

And before anyone cries "it was just a scout" ; it shows up as an attack in the logs, in the game notifications, and gives them an unfair advantage of using an alt to get information for their lead, which qualifies as an advantge gained and qualifies it as a tos abuse.

And since ken said to clarify: I'm not talkign about scanning me with an alt. Im talking about them actually sending a  ship loaded with say 100k or 100 million marines to gather info on the defense % from the alts battle report. ITS AN ACTUAL ATTACK IN VIOLATION OF THE TOS. I believe it also counts as a violation due to the fact an alt is being used to guage planetary defense without using turns scanning with the main account. This gives the main an undue advatange which qualifies it as a violation as well.

If I'm managing to survive without resorting to these same tricks and flaunting the rules then They should be made to do so as well.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:31:44 PM by Arkan » Report to moderator   Logged
Fairfrozen01
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »

'missionfighter' isnt an alt..well, i hope not. he was an alliance mate when i played main.  17
Report to moderator   Logged
Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »

He may not have been an alt then but he is now. Just as midnight's account is now in masterjohn's possession as well (because he was given permission to use it then locked midnight out of it by changing the password)
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »

I have a suspicion who missionfighter is, I dont think its MJ or Chickens. 21
Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »

Several ways to find out. Compare ips, browser user agents, and possibly n.i.c mac addresses.
MasterJohn2
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »

lol, jeez you are such a cry baby, they are not are alts, and if you read real careful in the rules its for players not planets, until it adds system structures into the rules you can go cry to mummy some more.
MasterJohn2
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »

notworking
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 09:14:14 AM »

What is not working MasterJohn2?
MasterJohn2
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 09:17:34 AM »

He's trying to get me and chicken to fight each other. i have requested this be locked and removed. the Alt belongs to someone else. he's wasting moderates time.

Also Ark please either play the game, without crying about everything with out any facts, get some facts before you start accusing others of breaking rules.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 09:22:41 AM »

Topic has been locked as requested unless Sir Emi comments this is not going to get anywhere.

Edit: Topic unlocked due to Emi posting
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:15:39 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 03:04:30 PM »

Please allow amble time for the Space Odyssey staff to examine the evidence on each abuse report.

I have cross referenced the IPs from the reported account missionfighter(#27469).

There is no connection to the accounts in question.

You state that this commander scanned /scouted your planet however I have looked at his tech level and he can has no research done. It's possible he told them your planet location as they where searching for you, an even attacked to check your defenses.

That's not against the TOS to report your location, we also have a feature in game called "Intelligence Terminal - Find your target now" that is specifically aimed at finding someone in the Galaxy.

Galaxy combat in Space Odyssey works differently then remote mothership combat. The Galaxy attacks are designed to be fought in groups / by alliances. The defender, by fortifying a system and planet is able to fend off multiple attackers. The planet combat is designed so it takes more then one commander to weaken it, so it's a group effort by the alliance. If you don't like the way it is, maybe you should have invested in your mothership.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:07:40 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

CHICKEN ON A CHAIN
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »

thx SIR EMI as I know i'm not this guy mission fighter and he did not give me the stats on arkan's planet i found them out when i tried to take it and decided it would not be worth the cost at this time. 21
Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 03:30:27 PM »

if this topic was actually read you would clearly see i stated they attacked with marines in a small ammount to guage defense. Why bother denying a problem if you refuse to even read the complaint? Also, you specifically told kenquinn this was going nowhere hours before even checking into it showing a clear and disturbing bias to anyone making an abuse report. You also did not say the ip in question was in use by another spaceo player. This leads me to believe that you could not honestly tell me it was another legit player doing these attacks or you would have just said so. And if the ip doesnt fit another player it becomes an obvious proxy ip. You can deny it all you want sir, but I am not one to give up on anything, having served my country and being to hell and back, i have more patience than you might expect. As a system administrator, you should know of other ways to catch multi abuse without relying on ip matching and if you dont understand them then what are you doing running a server?

Also what chicken said is totally untrue. Missionfighter attacked a few days ago. Hours later chicken and mj attack and fail. I terraformed to proto to make it even more expensive and missionfighter hits me again with the same small marine attack to guage defense.Notice a patern here?  Its kinda hard to miss if youre not in denial. Chicken wouldnt know if it was worth taking or not if he didnt have the info from somewhere as he hasnt attacked since it went to proto. And he didnt say he got the info from scanning so it leaves a hole in his story you could drive a truck through.
MasterJohn2
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 03:32:38 PM »

Thank the gods, Sir Emi has spoken.

Thanks for this information, i am sure Ark77 will learn to come with facts and not fiction next time.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »

if this topic was actually read you would clearly see i stated they attacked with marines in a small ammount to guage defense. Why bother denying a problem if you refuse to even read the complaint? Also, you specifically told kenquinn this was going nowhere hours before even checking into it showing a clear and disturbing bias to anyone making an abuse report. You also did not say the ip in question was in use by another spaceo player. This leads me to believe that you could not honestly tell me it was another legit player doing these attacks or you would have just said so. And if the ip doesnt fit another player it becomes an obvious proxy ip. You can deny it all you want sir, but I am not one to give up on anything, having served my country and being to hell and back, i have more patience than you might expect. As a system administrator, you should know of other ways to catch multi abuse without relying on ip matching and if you dont understand them then what are you doing running a server?

Also what chicken said is totally untrue. Missionfighter attacked a few days ago. Hours later chicken and mj attack and fail. I terraformed to proto to make it even more expensive and missionfighter hits me again with the same small marine attack to guage defense.Notice a patern here?  Its kinda hard to miss if youre not in denial. Chicken wouldnt know if it was worth taking or not if he didnt have the info from somewhere as he hasnt attacked since it went to proto. And he didnt say he got the info from scanning so it leaves a hole in his story you could drive a truck through.
Arkan when did that happen because I have no record of such a message or memory of Sir Emi saying anything to me privately about this.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: