Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 01:17:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ship mode  (Read 4239 times)
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:03:01 AM »

Most players don't bother changing their current fleet setup. But there are some who wants to change their ship's HP is to Attack ratio before they logout for defensive purposes.

Here's the scenario:

Assuming your ship has 1000 hp and 500 attack (I call this Mission mode)

But you want that before you logout your ship has 1400 hp and 100 attack (Defensive mode). So you will have go to "View/Edit Fleet" to remove the original system and put the Special with 1400 hp and Weapon with 100 attack.

My Suggestion is:

Have an option that would allow you shift to the Mission mode or Defensive mode.

Its hard to explain but you got the idea.  3
Report to moderator   Logged

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »

What about boarders? they have no attack at all.

The idea is itriguing though 1

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »

What about boarders? they have no attack at all.

Then you don't have to create another mode for that ship 1

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »

Ya, it could be an optional part called alternate mode, and if you leave it blank then there' nothing to switch to, and you can't shoose to switch to it. This could completely revolutionize gameplay, as it require more strategy on how to design your ships.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »

It would work better if you could just set Att/Def/HP componets to a certain % of the ships energy after Shields/Computer
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »

but that would not only require emi to change how att/def/hp are calculated, but also make designing good ships easy. This way, all he's doing is adding on to what already exists.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »

but that would not only require emi to change how att/def/hp are calculated, but also make designing good ships easy. This way, all he's doing is adding on to what already exists.
Emi would not have to change how att/def/hp are calculated if he programed it smartly but I think i misinterpreted your post. What you want is the ability to swap weapons and specials on a ship with the click of a button. Instead of having to do it manually.

It's a good idea and it has my vote for what its worth.

Heres a layout for how I would set it up Sir Emi just so you have something to work with:
A drop down menu for selecting modes
A ability to created custom made modes
A way to edit the name of modes
A way to view what components are on each mode. Perhaps a view/edit button next to the drop down mode menu?

Warning the following contains a detailed structure of how to setup the technical aspects of it. So you don't have to read this unless you interested in how Object Oriented Programming works.(Not done yet since I don't have the time will finished it up in the next few days)
A system to store which components are in each mode.
Making sure the components stored in the system stay in the database as long as it's in a mode. This is so if someone deletes one of the components in a ship mode they can still use it.
A system for checking the components don't require more energy then is available so you can't create modes that the ship can equip.

PS: My structure will not be exactly right because of my limited programing knowledge but I hope it will help if you decide to implement it Sir Emi
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 09:35:47 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »

Emi would not have to change how att/def/hp are calculated if he programed it smartly but I think i misinterpreted your post. What you want is the ability to swap weapons and specials on a ship with the click of a button. Instead of having to do it manually.

It's a good idea and it has my vote for what its worth.

Exactly thats what I was trying to suggest "swap weapons and specials on a ship with the click of a button"

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 12:31:05 AM »

This idea was suggested by Tz a long time ago, he called it a "Morph" button.

The idea was to save two or more sets of blueprints for a ship, and switch between the saved set ups with a click.  The option would sell off all systems not used in the new design, and buy the new systems -  so the cost would be the same as if you did it manually.
MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »

Mucho Gracias!
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 01:35:29 AM »

Ive been thinking about the easiest way to implement this.

Heres my idea for implementation.

When you add systems to a ship, they remain on the ship - even if you have zero of that system.  To remove the system completely from the blueprint, you need to add a new button - Delete System - you can only Delete a system when it has zero runs.

When in the view/edit window, you can chose to decrease OR increase the number of systems by typing a number of runs in the window.  You then click the UPDATE button (new button)

This means when you go into the view/edit window, all the systems you might want to use for the ship are there - though some will have zero installed - maybe they could be greyed out to show they arent there.

When you want to switch the ships configuration, you simply type in the new target number of runs you want for each system.

Heres an example;

Configuration 1 - Attack mode

System - runs

Computer A - 5

Shields X - 5
Shields Y - 0

Weapon E - 1

Special H - 1
Special I - 0

Now you want to change it to a no attack ship, by removing the weapon and computers, and changing shields from X to Y and the special from H to I.

So you just change;

Configuration 2 - Defensive Mode

System - runs

Computer A - 0

Shields X - 0
Shields Y - 5

Weapon E - 0

Special H - 0
Special I - 1

Then click an UPDATE button, and the configuration is checked for energy, space and your available cash.  If all the checks are ok, then the old components are sold and the new componets are bought and the ship design is changed instantly.

I hope this goes ahead - because I have worked out how to win using this strategy - its all part of my ongoing campaign to subvert the game for my own personal benefit.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 01:37:46 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 03:07:06 AM »

ha that last comment just cracked me up, but i could see this being beneficial to people.. alot of work though... people could just custom make the stuff and put it on themselvs.. but lord knows we hate to click the mouse more than we have too

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: