Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 01:28:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Very serious game blindspot  (Read 2911 times)
plug
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:12:21 AM »

A very serious game blindspot that cost me billions !

Just now I was online, and someone attacked me and all my ships kaput.

Then that guy started to raid my secret base. I had billions sitting there so I took it out to purchase new ship from the design that I have made.

Lo and behold, the ship is there, and before I could buy any marines, that guy did a board attack and my new ship gone !

This is a blindspot, man.

When new ships are purchased, there ought to be a minute or so "protection" for us to hire the marines.

In my case, I had NO TIME to hire any marines (I still had billions left _after_ I resupplied my fleet, and I intended to hire marines) and that guy did the board attack.

Because of this stupid blindspot, billions gone !!!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »

Then that guy started to raid my secret base. I had billions sitting there so I took it out to purchase new ship from the design that I have made.

Lo and behold, the ship is there, and before I could buy any marines, that guy did a board attack and my new ship gone !

When new ships are purchased, there ought to be a minute or so "protection" for us to hire the marines.

In my case, I had NO TIME to hire any marines (I still had billions left _after_ I resupplied my fleet, and I intended to hire marines) and that guy did the board attack.

Ok this has happened to me one in my 2 years of playing spaceo. There are two ways to stop it from happening A don't buy new ships unless your in a nebula. B never buy ships unless you have pships out in large numbers some people will attack you if you have 0 ships one second and 1 or 2 the next as it appears you just bought new superships.
tip
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »

Ok this has happened to me one in my 2 years of playing spaceo. There are two ways to stop it from happening A don't buy new ships unless your in a nebula. B never buy ships unless you have pships out in large numbers some people will attack you if you have 0 ships one second and 1 or 2 the next as it appears you just bought new superships.

Which means, if one is under attack, one has to sit tight through all the attacks, watching segments being plundered, secret based being ransacked and still do nothing.

That ain't something really "appetizing", or is it?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:57:42 PM by tip » Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:31:31 PM »

Which means, if one is under attack, one has to sit tight through all the attacks, watching segments being plundered, secret based being ransacked and still do nothing.

That ain't something really "appetizing", or is it?
Sigh just put up sphips will put you in a nebula real quick.....
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »

Yes I agree with Ken. Top pship fleet over 20% power...put you into neb straight away
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »

you think u got it bad happened 2 me only once 13

cost me 100$...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »

Buying a new ship has to be done at the right time and never do it in an incursion.... people will see you powering up and will attack you hoping you havent had time to marine.  As Ken said if you are under attack, just put out a powership fleet and 1 hit and your safe to spend as much time as you want marining..... providing you havent any counters against you!  It's not a blind spot, just experience you get from making mistakes.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: