Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 02, 2024, 09:28:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Option to allow system fleets to allow missions  (Read 3266 times)
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »

I have noticed that whilst exploring the galaxy,  you occasionally find that mythical black hole or other missions, as the excitemrnt grows you hit the attack command only to discover someone has left out a system fleet to protect their planet/station/mine.
I presume at this point you either scream at the cat/dog/nearest object and fly away or blow the offending system fleet over as much of the galaxy as possible.

My suggestion is.... How about an option to allow passing ships to take any missions thus only using system fleets to protect your structures.
I say option as some commanders may well still want to keep missions for themselves.
Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »

nope... dont like it. thats part of the reason to use system fleets.. i use them on wars to catch encounters

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:26:25 AM »

but cameron... here's a question for you.  number 1 person with 10 trillion fp leaves his lead in system to keep encounters there.

rank 1000 person at 50 million fp comes over and notices 6 black  holes there waiting to be taken.

now... can the number 1 person take those 6 black holes? no, his power is to high, he can't even see them
can the rank 1000 person take those 6 black holes? no, there's ships blocking him.

now... am I not wrong?  if this is the case then this actually IS doing something it's not supposed to be doing.

besides, how would you like it if you were starting out, and every single star had some ships stationed there... you wouldn't be able to do a single encounter even tho no one is obviously getting them because there still there.

and besides, he's not removing it completely, he's saying an option to, which I see no problem with.  in fact, I'd kind of like to see an option where you can tell your ships to automatically attack encounters in fp range of x and y... (still take up turns to do it, and possibly only 1 time every hour or so) would make it much more worth it stationing your forces 1

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 05:51:01 PM »

nope... dont like it. thats part of the reason to use system fleets.. i use them on wars to catch encounters
he said its optional...

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »

Here is my thoughts but it would require somewhat of a redo of the whole thing.

1. Make it so that no one can see the encounter behind a system fleet.
2. Base the encounters that are then hidden off of the persons FP. So anything the player with the fleets in system would be able to see is hidden from other players but anything they can't see would be able to be seen by everyone else in the right power range.

I think this would be a good compromise between what people seem to want.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:50:14 AM »

I still go with the optional version.

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
57thAirborne
Private

Gladiator Slicks and Cougar Gunships

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »

Optional, because part of having system fleets out is blocking encounters, and that will help both you and your alliance mates out - If anyone can do missions out of your range regardless of your fleets, then your alliance members suffer.

57th Helicopter Assault
"Death From Above"
Never Forget...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: