Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 06, 2024, 04:53:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Some fixes and improvements...  (Read 10719 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:27:34 AM »

- Fixed the loss of reputation on bounty mission, you should now only gain rep by doing bounty missions.
- Fixed a bug were you would not receive marines insurance if you won a mission and lost all marines on the fleet, it worked if there were marines left, but didn't count the killed marines when they were 0 left... works fine now 1
- Fixed some counting bug in the mission contracts, filtering the mothership missions was not counting the missions properly when selecting all missions again.

Improvements:

I've seen a lot of newbie commanders confuse the contracts / missions with the commander attacks. They try to copy the contract Id in the commander box and the system tries to attack a non-existent commander... confused
- When doing missions / encounters / bounty you won't see the "Name or ID to attack:  " and the attack type is only Regular / Board now (should eliminate the confusion with too much info on the screen)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:59:10 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:07:34 AM »

dude, i dont get any marine insurance at all, nothing, lost 30 mill in them and didnt get a single $ of insurance
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »

Alright, checking it again, anyone else having insurange problems with the marines?

I always received it when I tested...  2

Astrum
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »

Um, may want to check again.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 07:48:52 PM »

Boarding mission example:

If I capture ships worth 10 million and lose a total of 12 million marines, and get a 2 million reward then I have 0 - 0  profit / loss.
Now if I sell the 10 million credits fleets I just captured I end up with 50% of the price, so now I lose 5 million credits, but the loss is not covered by insurance, as it doesn't know if you sell or use the fleets...

Now if I would have lost 14 mil marines, that would entitle me to 80% of my losses of (14 - 12) = 2 * 0.8 => 1.6 million credits insurance.

Note: This was a simple example, losses also incude ships lost, and marine losses are reduced by the marine leader ability, also ship losses are reduced by line assembly bonuses and Gold resupply bonus if available.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 12:34:25 AM »

Finaly found the pesky marine insurance bug, it was happening with big ships, when you didn't lose any ships it would not take the marines into account, because when insurance was made, it checked for destroyed ships first to insure them, so if you didn't lose any ships it didn't work properly...

Should work fine now, fixed.  1 Thank you to all who provided feedback.

Other fixes:

- When countering someone, you can only gain reputation now, even if you fail the attack.
- When attacking someone whitout counter, you will only lose reputation if your attack is successfull, previously you would lose even if attack failed...

God Speed!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:01:50 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 03:59:07 PM »

- Reavers are no longer apearing if there are commanders fleets guarding the system
- Added another filter for reward type in contracts area

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:42:01 PM »

Love the new filter 13 13 13
Thanks emi!

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »

You rox   12

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 09:42:58 PM »

The filter is amazing, thank you emi.

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 10:11:50 PM »

no i get insurance for marines if the payout is more than the marines you lost then you dont get insurance ive had no problems
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 04:55:13 PM »

The boarding in missions / encounters has been ballanced, it was too easy, the captured ships have:

- 25% self-destruct chance (nothing changed)
- numbers from 2-100, you can capture 2-100
- numbers over 100, you can capture from 5% - 65% of fleet (was 1% - 100%)

The reason for the change, barding was too profitable compared to regular attacks, it remains profitable, however it now depends more on the commander abilities, if you invest more in the boarding abilities to specialize in boarding. Until then, the regular attack is the better choice.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 05:10:25 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

kryologic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »

i liked it better the way it was
Squank
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »

It was good the way it was. We didn't need for this to happen. I disagree with the change and should be over look for the old style again. I think people liked that one alot more as well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 05:20:13 PM by Squank » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »

It had to be done because only a select few found out how much they could gain by doing boarding missions, and the others were left behind due to the profitability of the boarding missions.

Some of the higher commanders have complained that they lost fleets and credits due to the change, and some of the lower commanders have complained about the lack of knowledge of the boarding missions profits.

I belive this makes it even between the higher and lower commanders, I have monitored the situation for several days now, and decided on this change.

I will further monitor the boarding missions, and if the profits are too low, there will be some increasing steps of enemy fleets captured up to 75%-80%

God Speed!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 05:57:36 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: