Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 02:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Council Protection, mothership contracts and encounter / missions power  (Read 9536 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:02:36 PM »

1) Council Protection Mode: (Available in account area, check the box and click update, some kind of semi vacation mode  1 )
- Can only be activated if no counters in last 24 hours, disables gaining turns and secret base production / growth.
You are taken in an extended nebula, 14 days for Gold and 7 days for others. It can be deactivated at any time, automatically deactivates if you attack someone else while in protection mode.

So the Council will take a fee and provide you with an extended hideout place, but the fee is you dont generate any turns, you only use what you have, and you do not have credit and growth to the secret base. I can see a lot of good applications for this one, like if you wanna freeze the attacks on you along with the fee while you do a couple of missions, or design a really expensive ship, etc. The only requirement is that others dont have counters on you. Can be activated / deactivated at any time.

2) After the last update, I have received some very good info that enabled me to find where the encounters / missions where spawning a little more fleet power than they should. I have corrected that, and there should be an improvement, they shouln't go over their fleet power now, but of course they can go lower, because of cost calculations, fleet used by commander, etc.

3) Mothership contracts, if you are below 50 mil power, will be less difficult and offer less reward, not counting commander level. OVer 50 mil power they are as usuall. This was done to help the commanders that have lost their fleets and have a higher level and can't do them because of credits required.

P.S.: Fleel free to provide any info you may think is important, especially with the Council Protection, I am monitoring how it's going with it.

God Speed commanders!

Sir Emi
Report to moderator   Logged

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 03:39:42 PM »

Thats great Sir Emi, now at least I know if Im going away for a few days I wont have to worry about all my segs being taken  confused

GREAT STUFF

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 05:34:36 PM »

3) Mothership contracts, if you are below 50 mil power, will be less difficult and offer less reward, not counting commander level. OVer 50 mil power they are as usuall. This was done to help the commanders that have lost their fleets and have a higher level and can't do them because of credits required.

yea great update, only I'm 1 of those who have lost their (in my case:) ENTIRE fleet ... Opps Opps

TWICE! 4 4

Oh well, let's just hope such ain't happening again wounded1 wounded1

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »

Sir E there needs to be a limit on how much this can be used per round.  I can already see the potential for abuse with this. and I hate to say since you can do missions and build ships while in this mode it is not good.  it should be a total freeze of everything and be used as a true vacation mode.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Argus
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »

I agree with Frank.
Its supposed to be for vacation use, so you should only be able to deactivate it, and nothing else, once its up and running.
Activating the vacation nebula should not be possible immediately after getting out of one either, or perhaps it should cost you 10% of your cash (on hand and in base, and perhaps also workers) to activate it, so its not done lightly.

-just my two cents.

Argus Eritaramis
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »

emi how much lower is the reward when ur lower then 50mill??

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Remfer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »

YES finally, now when on vacation i'm not completely hosed!
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 09:25:45 AM »

yes, being able to activate that vacation mode is WAY to easily abused. I can already see people hopping into nebulas so they can do missions with ease. I think that it should be a total freeze, and logging in after going on vacation disables it, or that it should cost, as argus said, 10% of your worth.

deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 09:45:51 AM »

I am hopeing that this extended neb is removed during DDAY because if it is not then it is the most  obvious abuse part with this vacation feature
I can see it now.... everyone in SO on vacation mode during DDAY. Will certainly make the most peacefull DDAY in SO history that is for sure 12

Other than that, vacation mode is awsome!!!!! wow  wow  wow

Thanks again for more great updates emi and i look forward to more 13

Forfeit the game , Before somebody else Takes you out of the frame and Puts your name to shame, Cover up your face , You can't run the race, The pace is too fast,You just won't last!
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 09:49:51 AM »

dont worry im sure vacation mode will be null and void on d.day like generating creds from workers and thanks for the update emi
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 12:48:40 PM »

In DDAY the system will bypass any nebula, so it wont make sence to enter vacation mode, as you will not gain turns and also be attacked, as in the end, it's just a small nebula that doesn't work in DDAY hehe  7

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 05:58:40 PM »

Remove that you can do missions during this holiday mode, a donater could donate for turns in late round without the change anyone can hit him....

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »

hmm... ya, FTP has a really a good point... not to badmouth donators... you have to at least like them...

but with that ability to stay in neb 24/7 + the ability to donate for turns... the only catch then would be something that is barely used late in the game anyway...  of course, heh, while it would meen donating for every turn they get... it basically means making a giant sinkhole in the playing field... in other words... except for DDay, they would be 100% invincible.  at least how nebs are now you get the chance to hit them every 24 hours 1

otherwise, I like the idea completely... though really... how many times HAVE we had the discussion about vacation mode before?  and more importantly, are other things we talked about coming up soon to  21 laugh

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 11:50:27 AM »

it basically means making a giant sinkhole in the playing field... in other words... except for DDay, they would be 100% invincible.
thats not true. you can always bounty through nebs.  its a useless addition to me.but i have no complaints about it. Although it would be nice if things got fixed before things like this get put in game.

Peace And Happy Hunting
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »

The bounties are going trough the nebula, so they ballance each other out. Not that anyone would do that, give up secret base and turns? Unlikely...

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: