Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 08:01:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Voting power  (Read 4477 times)
willem bartele
« on: July 16, 2006, 11:23:50 AM »

I had a new suggestion how about a voting increase power That the more you vote the greater the rewards become this would keep people voting i know this is a stupid suggestion but if you dont try you dont win.
Report to moderator   Logged
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:20:18 PM »

ya studpid suggestion... to what i think

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 09:13:01 PM »

thisll just give the leaders mroe of a lead... or make evry1 use pships b4 voting...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 12:33:37 AM »

He said more you vote, not the higher your own power.

But it still gives the leaders more of a lead (aww...he gets 1000 times more from voting than I do...).
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »

voteing raises as the overall game power raises, so when the top gets stronger, then the overall voteing will grow

willem
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »

Guys it isnt your own power i mean adding to your existing power like you get 5 mil from a vote but if you keep voting the greater the rewards become like 5 mil creds 6 mil creds 7 mil creds and so on for every 10 votes you gain an additional 1 mil credits from the vote
fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 01:37:21 PM »

I think that the voting system is fine the way it is. It doesn't give players any other advantage over other players.

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »

True, willem, that your suggestion wouldn't use your own power.

HOWEVER, it does give the advantage to the higher players because anyone that's new will get less for voting than someone who played the whole round.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 10:47:28 PM »

personally... I think we need to stop thinking like that, the people who come late in a round, simply being, the round CAN end, and HAS ended, simply to make it fair for those who came in late, so your saying we need to keep it fair for people who come in late in a round, even though then they have a ticket to top 100, sidestepping weeks and months of hardwork, through simple raids, AND the fact that in a while they will have the same advantages the others had beginning a new round... 

no... it doesn't sound like we need to really worry about those who come late in a round, if anything, it may be a bit easier to start playing late in a round, as then you can learn everything and jump through ranks extremely fast.

what I worry about here is, this will give people who have to go on a vacation or something, a SERIOUS disadvantage, one that will be even bigger then the one forced upon them as it is.

same vote = same reward
if they are voting 10's of times over, I think they are doing that for other reasons to.  in all honesty, you should be voting simply to vote for SO, not just to get some rewards in game, but oh well.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 02:17:08 AM »

yeah starting mid orund definitly helps you learn faster, and alot of people atarting late finished in the high 20s-30s, or were there near teh end of the round...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 01:41:52 AM »

Oh yes, what a brilliant idea, lets increase your reward for voting each time you vote! It's so genusis, why didn't I think of it....oh wait, that's right, because it's incredibly STUPID! voting rewards climb as you get stronger. If you need more credits, learn to play better.

Crazy Man
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:20 PM »

Oh yes, what a brilliant idea, lets increase your reward for voting each time you vote! It's so genusis, why didn't I think of it....oh wait, that's right, because it's incredibly STUPID! voting rewards climb as you get stronger. If you need more credits, learn to play better.

he has the point. the idea is just ridiculous. and besides...i vote for the game because i love it. not rewards  13
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: