Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 03:49:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reseeding minerals  (Read 6381 times)
deraj
Private

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »

For Main Too?
Report to moderator   Logged
tip
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 12:50:24 AM »

Sorry Jess but I gotta disagree with you on this.
As I see it having a desolate galaxy would be good for promoting pvp.
To the extend of sacrificing all the newbies?

It's hard to get the minerals as it is, and if one has to attack others in order to get the resources, newbies will be hard hit.
Report to moderator   Logged
Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 02:37:59 AM »

"Space Odyssey is a free online space MMORPG game involving empire building, player vs. player intense action, galaxy combat, fleet management, military tactics, spaceship fleet customization, planet development and planetary combat, planetary terraforming and genesis, Galaxy exploration and combat, resource management, orbital space stations, role playing character development, mercenary contracts, special items, pirate activity, alien invasions, role playing special abilities, free markets, and lots of fun!"

The first paragraph from the main spaceo website, now out of these words I'm going to "point" at the words the words "resource management and player vs. player intense action" these words (all from the "quote" I put above) the whole point is PvPing and Resource Mangement true newbies its a harsh world special true on the wars server.

I was very luck to join at the time when many stilled played and where resources where everyone (minus 2-3 systems) and was taught well and for that I do tend to share my knowledge with others and from time to time I have been wrong as all humans are wrong at one point but that isn't my idea... Now That is why I mention those events that could help ALSO maybe like someone mention earlier from a different post (I don't remember when/who) but ships are made of metal's and some of the resource descriptions (you know what they say when you move your curser over them) say Ship and construction it maybe be hard but I think possible (please correct me if I'm wrong) that we use that to an advantage e.g.

Lets say I own a fleet of kamis attacking a super of player x when I kill the fleet 5-15% of the total damage from BOTH sides are then "thrown" into the system as debrie it will be mostly iron and metal maybe gold once in a while but then you ask how does carbon/stone/ice/diamond join in the fun well let see planets maybe be raided how about bombardment in which what ever special type of planet they are (ice planets thrown ice, rocky thrown stone mostly, proto carbon, and giga gold, desert, diamond/gold) this might seem long and most of this is problably useless but we get the general idea correct which would be useing the current setup plus a minor addiation or a major one to allow new types of combat plus resources regeneration...

Edited By Kenquinn due to the big block of text being hard to read....

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:55:44 AM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: