Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 11:14:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reseeding minerals  (Read 6375 times)
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:39:23 AM »

Hey a lot of new players are complaining about the lack of resources in the galaxy. I think this issue can be permanently fixed if we reseed the galaxy based on the ships that were lost during a battle just like the PVP salvage items only that it includes the missions encrypt and is dumped into the galaxy. OR Perhaps it should only be the mission encrypt and encounters that can reseed the galaxy to prevent abuse.

I don't really care about it myself since I got virtually infinite of them  7
Report to moderator   Logged

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »

I agree, situation on main is that once you get to halfway point in the round, its hard for any lower level players to find anywhere to build thats actually gonna help them progress.
Imagine on wars its hard as it is to get anywhere let alone finding somewhere to build once you've managed to get that far...
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »

Yeah this is a good idea.
On Wars there are not very many systems open to put a station and mining facility and even fewer areas left to mine.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Fairfrozen01
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »

put in a galaxy thats 4 times bigger than  12 all the new systems'd have minerals
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »

I agree that there is no place for a station in wars I hate that it needs more stars.

Also Emi keeps track of resource levels on SOWars if one got too low he restocks it he already did it once with Carbon
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:24:33 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »

meh i disagree with the restocking. wars was supposed to be a desolate galaxy with few resources

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »

needs restocking for the newbs.. he only did it on wars because there was so many complaints on the forums... this wont help out the higher up guys because we all use replication

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 01:09:48 AM »

Sorry Jess but I gotta disagree with you on this.
As I see it having a desolate galaxy would be good for promoting pvp.
Like people fighting over the systems with resources and stuff like that, but right now that is not gonna work so good unless your intending new players to get 15-20 scanners so I think we need something to reseed systems.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »

I'm thinking about randomly poping up new asteroid belts on random systems from time to time.

Random amounts at random locations, sometimes opening up a new belt, sometimes replenishing an existing belt.

This will make the Galaxy slowly regenerate, and the system resources will change.

Fairfrozen01
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »

I'm thinking about randomly poping up new asteroid belts on random systems from time to time.

Random amounts at random locations, sometimes opening up a new belt, sometimes replenishing an existing belt.

This will make the Galaxy slowly regenerate, and the system resources will change.

sorry, not good enough. need em NOW. with the resource spawn after each encrypt thing, rabbites would be spammin the resources, so not that either
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 09:32:57 PM »

sorry, not good enough. need em NOW. with the resource spawn after each encrypt thing, rabbites would be spammin the resources, so not that either

Yes, we can spawn more when the update comes, and then a certain amount each day to keep the Galaxy in shape 1

Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 01:29:50 AM »

I agree a random reseeding from time to time will be better the a major all at once plus there is very few new players joining and maybe instead of having it be reseed as whitelightcarl first suggested what about useing the same idea but instead of having reseed like pvp salavge and having it reseed when ever someone donates, gets gold, or joins the server (I don't know if that is a good idea or not but I just though I should share it)
Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 08:16:18 PM »

I know nobody posted on this topic in a few days...

I thought we have super nova's and bio experiments how about adding ONE new event it will be kinda like a Ancient Commander as you will get exp (1/10 of a ancient commander) and also a random resource which you will get x resource of x amount depending on the power that you destroy... I don't know if this is a good or bad idea as Wars was ment to limit the "special events" but I think one more wouldn't be bad...
Fairfrozen01
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »

sweet idea  wow
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 05:17:52 PM »

I know nobody posted on this topic in a few days...

I thought we have super nova's and bio experiments how about adding ONE new event it will be kinda like a Ancient Commander as you will get exp (1/10 of a ancient commander) and also a random resource which you will get x resource of x amount depending on the power that you destroy... I don't know if this is a good or bad idea as Wars was ment to limit the "special events" but I think one more wouldn't be bad...

Sure, I'll check out if we can make a new encounter type that gives resources. Thank you for the idea.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: