Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 05:39:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: in game personal bounty system  (Read 5117 times)
xthex
« on: August 28, 2006, 07:00:20 PM »

hey i was thinking of a personal bounty system where you can place the amoount of credit you want to give for the destruction of an enemy .......its like the plain bounty but players offer money and choose whos on it and for what reason
and another with alliances like the destruction of at least 10% of alliance power
a problem i see with abuse is where a high power guy can place a 50 bill bounty on his alt for his alt alliance memberrs could make bank off of that so there could be like a 10% power range or somthing between the bounty maker and the the guy thats gonna be hit so only players around his poweer lvl can take the bounty if he or she likes what the offer is

please post your suggestions and other possible ways ppl could abuse this possible system  and other abuse preventions tips i personally would really like to see this feature on the game in the future

signed liberator
Report to moderator   Logged
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 04:18:40 AM »

well on 1st view its a good idea - however ... if u limit that to10% power range, what reason should someone have to offer a bounty ... - he coulddo it himself and if he can t (due to lack of power e.g.) he prolly also can t affort to pay a bounty to attract anyone who can ... - so if made like u proposed it will turn outkinda like useless  ... if done in a other way we will have a new way to feed other pll ...

so at the end the idea is worth thinking about it but not practicable atm ...

w/r bigbroni
xthex
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »

well it could be like 50% then or somthing there would have to be some knid of power restiction to prevent abuse and using it as a way to transfer money
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 05:02:57 AM »

well thats mostly what I wanted to express ... it will offer oportunities to abuse the system if implemented ...

the idea it self is good - I think - but the how to do it is the problem. - Maybe kinda completely different ... - ppl can only offer bounties on ppl being at less than 70% of thier own power - and that bounty can only be taken by ppl being in 10% range of the "victim" and takes can t take the bounty when they have been allied (allience or personal truce) to the offering cdr within the last 24 h ... bounty offer will be public (so all interrested can c it and if in range take it ... - even the victim can c who is offering on him ... - just kinda just fair ...) - so prolly nobody can use it to promote any alts nor power lvl own allience members ... - would be a good instrument to protect lower ranked alliencemebers from sharks ... - unless a lot of ppl find together I think no miss-use possible :-) due to:

1. allies don t get a bounty because they should handle such for free (its in thier own interrest),
2. if implemented like this even the allies can take it - 24h s to avoid quick leave / reenter allience.
3. its ensured that normally only ppl far out of range get a bounty on thier head - for the person offering such a bounty will be cheaper than reserving fleets or in many cases it will be the only way to get a specific person ...
4. bounties put on higher ppl would not appear anyway ... - reason: to find someone to do a bounty mission it needs to be attractive ... a person much lower than the victim or the hunter normaly will not be able to offer a reward being attractive ... and a hunter within 10% range will think several times before attacking on bills fleet power level if the reward is in the mills credits ...
5. bounties offers will need to be attracktive but should avoid power lvling ... - so bounty amount wouldneed to be limited - so something like bounty in credits = fleet power - could be modified by a bounty hunter skill or even with elite merc ... (also could need to be a bit higher like power x 5 in credits ... needs to be discussed).
6. bounties will - like market offers - been taken away from personal credits emidiatly - ( I think that kinda automatic "must be" but needs to be mentioned to ensure this...).

so I guess this are enough ideas and thoughts for the moment.

w/r bb
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 06:56:08 AM »

And for ppl like Lammalord who has Skumbag as alt but has in now way a truce with him?

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 08:01:02 AM »

hum thats kinda a specila cse lol - but its not my job to find a solution to all :-)
xthex
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 03:36:24 PM »

yeah i think that would just about do the trick i think except for lamma thing
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »

how about working it like this.   you can put up a max of X credits.  however the credits recieved are like a mission %  based on power of the one attacked.  from you total of credits you can offer it as a 1%-200% based on how much you are willing to pay  and only those that can do a normal attack or bounty can collect

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 07:27:26 PM »

why is it the "lamma thing" am i the only one that has alts in different allainces? i know plenty of ppl (FTP..) that have alts in different allaicnes.. i peronaly like the varity of different allainces

xthex
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 07:37:04 PM »

this is a gathering of ideas i think would prevent abuse
*bounties will - like market offers - been taken away from personal credits emidiatly - ( I think that kinda automatic "must be" but needs to be mentioned to ensure this...).
*and that bounty can only be taken by ppl being in 10% range of the "victim" and ppl can't take the bounty when they have been allied (allience or personal truce) to the offering credits
*bounty offer will be public (so all interrested can c it and if in range take it ... - even the victim can c who is offering on him ... - just kinda just fair ...)how about working it like this.
*you can put up a max of credits.based on the power of the one being attacked.
*a 2 day time limit or some sort of time limit.

the bounty system (at the least) should work so that if some punk high ranked attacks a lower ranked person, he could bounty that person so that ppl around his power lvl teach him a lesson and get c tle confused  confused
xthex
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 07:44:35 PM »

21 it really cause you dont send out /accept truces with alliance your alts are in
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 01:08:08 PM »

I didnt called it the lamma thing, I took you as the the first commander with alts in not truced alliances. As all my alts are truced with my main. Its not that I wanna blacken you everyone may know I have 5 alts. That I have 1 of them in AoF and then 3 in different alliances, and like for you lamma everyone who has to know its me knows it.

Greetz FTP

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 03:33:13 PM »

only 5 alts FTP

lol ya forgot to mention the other 20 or so accounts ur watching for various people XD

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »

But those aint alts  laugh

But why worry about ppl abusing it for alts, transfering money to them is forbidden, especialy when its ment to hit lowerranked commanders 16

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: