Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 04:47:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Creater Thread  (Read 33758 times)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 01:49:36 PM »

Finished Operation "Hellfire", I know its kinda long, but I tried to make it immersive 1
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 03:00:53 PM »

Finished Operation "Hellfire", I know its kinda long, but I tried to make it immersive 1

OMG that's a lot of steps! Great Mission!  wow

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »

Oh, 17 is not so much 16

On paper I actually had 43, but then I figured- just not worth it 16

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 03:25:35 PM »

ok, question: are you not supposed to have a reward amount when that option is leading to a next step? as it says to end mission if reward is greater then 0

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »

hmmmm can we get some of these missions on the test server to check them out

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »

yea the test server would be great. we could test them and get a better understanding of how theyre supposed to work.

great idea to do this emi, one of your best yet  13

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

ok, question: are you not supposed to have a reward amount when that option is leading to a next step? as it says to end mission if reward is greater then 0

Nah you can have more reward, you take a reference of a normal encounter reward as one step and go from there. You can give rewards at each step, or stack up the rewards or chance them to something more rare like CP as the mission steps progress...

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »

yea the test server would be great. we could test them and get a better understanding of how theyre supposed to work.

great idea to do this emi, one of your best yet  13

Yeah that's the idea to test them on the test server. I'm still coding the actual reading of the steps by the game and making the basics of how the missions will be completed. So far, so good... seems we got most of it covered.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »

k, Legacy of G, is that how it should be then?  not done with it yet tho, planning on going off the last step now for a few more twists, just wanted to make sure that's how you do it.

not sure how exactly how it works, but at the moment it looks like it would be better to add a 'description of step' part to it too each individual step (like the 1st one)  and then off those you get 2 options.  the way it is now it seems you need to put the description of the next step in the previous steps results

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 01:18:01 PM »

not sure how exactly how it works, but at the moment it looks like it would be better to add a 'description of step' part to it too each individual step (like the 1st one)  and then off those you get 2 options.  the way it is now it seems you need to put the description of the next step in the previous steps results

"Legacy of G" is looking good, that's about how it works yeah.

The step description is the description of the previous action. Example, if you activate option A and get an action that says "You've found the convoy." and goes to next step, then that's the step description, followed by option A / B descriptions and links again.

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »

Mission "Galactic Corsairs" finished
It took me a while to understand the concept, but i think i did ok for my first time 1

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »

just a thought, but this would be a LOT more interesting if we could continue on with different paths to take, that can split up and merge back together.  as it is now, it seems there is only really 1 path to take, and if your not going that way, you have to end it or it will be bad storyline flow trying to get 2 options to go to the same 2 options next step.

aka, there's only really 1 'main' line of steps to go all the way through...
couldn't we able to continue down different paths as well?

I would LOVE the ability to do this:
enter subspace or enter wormhole
subspace = fight some enemies, then find out you have to go through wormhole anyway, but you go to different area with different rewards

as it is now, you can either continue on with the plot following going into subspace -or- going through wormhole.  you can't continue going either way.

it probably doesn't have to be to complex, you could just put in an option to automatically link 1 step to next step, or link manually to step x

this will probably sound confusing as to how this would even work, but if you've ever read a book that does it like this you would understand.
step 1, option a, go to step 2
step 2, option a, go to step 3, option b, go to step 4
step 3, option a, go to step 5, option b, go to step 6
step 4, option a, go to step 6
step 5, option a, go to step 6
step 6, end

through this confusing array of doing things, you could go through it like this:
1, 2, 3, 5, 6
1, 2, 3, 6
1, 2, 4, 6

as you can see, as you progress, it would get harder and harder to keep track, however if one got it really complex, you could go through the same mission 10 times and just now finding out all the various paths you could've taken.  in the above example, coupled with chances of failing and going to a different step, you may not even see step 4 half the time, as it could be hidden in a fail to get to step 3.  or the other way around...  as it is now, you are forced with a strictly linear path, only with 4 outcomes for each step.

like I said though, this would be completely optional, as I'm sure half the people that read this won't even know what I'm saying  laugh

for easier troubleshooting, you should probably make it a lockable/unlockable option int he beginning of creating the mission, and people that do it this way should create there own 2nd easier way of understanding the mission plot flow.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:13:19 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »

i see what ur saying. it would be very cool but would be very hard to make and implement into the game.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 09:31:09 PM »

if properly done, it wouldn't be so bad on the coding side... it will take up more space for what 'seems' a short-long mission, but would end up making it up for being unpredictable, and completely replayable.
the only difference then what there is already, is the ability manually set what the 'next step' option goes to which step number, instead of automatically going to the next step.

just like I said, it would be 10 times more difficult for the creator of it to make sure everything works properly, as the more times it splits off, the harder it may get to keep track of which steps are going to which steps...

but you gotta admit, it would be insanely worth it.  tell me anywhere where they even try this on this scale without going into console games let alone MMORPG's 16

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »

That would be insanely awesome ars. I'd love for that option.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: