Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 04:05:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tzarkoth Banned - moderators out of control?  (Read 3648 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »

Apparently AFB banned Tz from the forums?

Tz didnt like the #evil# commanders thread - He said he thought it was inflamatory and questioned why a moderator would start an inflamatory thread and he was banned?

Perhaps I dont have all the info - but I have enough info to post the following;

IF its true - then thats just a weak and childish response - his language wasnt out of order, neither was his intent.

If players cant complain openly about a moderator, then theres no accountability.  Free press and free speech are required to hold people accountable for their decisions.  Here, moderators can act like Nazi's and its ok?

Moderators should negotiate and find the middle ground - not have a dummy spit like a baby.
Report to moderator   Logged
waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 12:45:51 AM »

Wow
TZ from what i have seen has always seen both sides of any type of argument or his specialty improvements to the game
I agree that mods should be impartial about all desicions made.
I chat mod on sea-o and mod on a game called Tribal Wars and i always have kept a neutral ground.
IF this is in fact true for voicing an opionion, then what has the world come too, where no one can say thier opionions calmly without being punished.
Or just prejudice against certain opionions?
I know that staff dont have to explain their actions, but i think it would be nice to hear the reason so we can rest assured that we can talk and type without the fear of persecution

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 12:53:38 AM »

Hey waylain  17

I checked the lists, it reads that he can not post for 72 hours, it says that he disrespected a mod, he had 48h of the post ban left, made it 24h...
As always, try to keep it civilized. 1

God Speed!

Well, back to work now...

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 02:25:52 AM »

It was impartial, AFB was not responsible for the punishment.  19
Also it wasn't for voicing an opinion, it was for flaming a mod.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »

Hey, first of all, I never banned Tz. I pointed out that the thread is here for commemorating players, not to flame them, if you have nothing to do with it, or don't like it, I'm not making you post in it.You were not even mentioned there, and ask others if they feel people are flaming them . Apparently some people have no sense of humour  14 Second, it was not my decision to ban Tz, even though I don't like his comments, so please refer to SnipeDragon. Third - flaming in response to flaming is not on, Tz should have reported the topic to the moderator (other than me) or posted about it in the abuse section, not start moaning about it and saying that I don't deserve to be a mod, because its not his decision, but of the Head mod, Admin or Sir E.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:04:22 AM by AFB » Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:25:51 PM »

If you must know, I banned TZ, I don't like it when people flame the moderators who volunteer their time to keep this community running, its rude, and disrespectful.  I also waited to get a few peoples opinions on this matter, next time, before accusing someone, you should read into it, I posted on that topic the fact that I banned him and frankly:
IF its true - then thats just a weak and childish response - his language wasnt out of order, neither was his intent.

If players cant complain openly about a moderator, then theres no accountability.  Free press and free speech are required to hold people accountable for their decisions.  Here, moderators can act like Nazi's and its ok?

Moderators should negotiate and find the middle ground - not have a dummy spit like a baby.
^^Being even more disrespectful isn't going to get Tz unbanned any quicker, not much time in the posting suspension left, so he can live with it.  Even so, if you have a problem with a moderator (including me), you should send a PM to me, or contact me on MSN/Yahoo...I don't bite, and I listen to everyones opinion as long as you come to me in a respectful manner.

-SnipeDragon
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:39:18 PM by SnipeDragon » Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:31:44 PM »

Apparently AFB banned Tz from the forums?

Tz didnt like the #evil# commanders thread - He said he thought it was inflamatory and questioned why a moderator would start an inflamatory thread and he was banned?

Perhaps I dont have all the info - but I have enough info to post the following;

If you have a problem with something a moderator has done, you do one of two things. Post in report abuse questioning said moderator's actions, or two, and the better option, contact snipedragon with a link to the topic/post if available and explain what moderator and action you have a problem with so he can look into it. We HAVE a check and balance system in place, but openly attacking and flaming moderators isn't it, and does nothing.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »

Or you can contact a senior mod.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »

Yeah or if it's serious you can private message me, but I would rather discuss game issues then flaming issues... if you get a perma ban you can petition me to review np

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: