Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 04:16:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SOWARS - Segs destruction from attacks  (Read 1744 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:02:13 AM »

Id like to make a suggestion regarding the loss of segments from attacks on SOWARS.

Segment destruction from attacks carries a large real life time loss, and Im not sure its justified on SOWARS.  Id also like to see the reward for a successful attack increased - this promotes more combat.

My suggestion is this, for regular attacks - reduce segs loss to 5%, and the attacker gains 5% - with no destruction of segments - they are all retained in the game.  For boarding attacks - make it 10% loss, and all those go to the attacker.

I think if the people hiding in Neb actually came out to play - then the total number of segs in the game could almost remain stationary - due to destruction from combat. 

At the moment destruction of segs represents quite a loss of time - the penalty for losing an attack is often the loss of their lead ship or more - which is already a heavy penalty.
Report to moderator   Logged
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »

yeah, i agree. segments basically shouldnt be destroyed.

WARS Account= Overmind
funkmachine7
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:14:40 PM »

maybe a new attack mode like scouting a base but useing the number of marines to get the seg destruction rate up only the attacker needs to brave two turns of enermy fire and have 1000 marines per 10 seg's for the bording to work if your men arent just blown out the air lock
if the bording works you can bomb ther base (the once) by bording once more and seting some bombs that hope fully blow a way lot's of seg's.
but things can go bady i.e. your men get lost,killed,the bomb may not go off ,go off to soon killing your men/blowing up your ship's,or it may be dissarmed,the bomb may not work as well as you hoped or go off better than you hoped and cut out sum nice seg's for the attacker.
and bomb's cost 1.000 per 10 seg's you plan to blow up.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: