Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 06:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Creater Thread  (Read 33866 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »

Yes, sir e,but thats what I'm saying- 255 characters is kinda small for explanation(way i write at least) and I wanted to do a "campaign'' scenario, with dialogue and so forth, and i tried,but just didn't fit it in 10

255 chars x 2 is ok for the step description, nobody will bother reading long missions. You will have to split the text in several steps if you want to make it longer with dialogs and everything. It can be done, we have a couple of missions like that. It's just not effective to have too much text at one time on the screen.
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2008, 09:43:35 PM »

Yes, sir e,but thats what I'm saying- 255 characters is kinda small for explanation(way i write at least) and I wanted to do a "campaign'' scenario, with dialogue and so forth, and i tried,but just didn't fit it in 10

255 chars x 2 is ok for the step description, nobody will bother reading long missions. You will have to split the text in several steps if you want to make it longer with dialogs and everything. It can be done, we have a couple of missions like that. It's just not effective to have too much text at one time on the screen.

I know what you are saying E, too much text=people don't care and ignore it.

As a writer AFB, my advice: Condensed Plot Point Division Writing

Basically, tell the commanders only what applies for the step they are about to take, no more, no less. 255 charcters should be plenty for this. Also, for convos, have your people use slang, and stay strictly to the point, no side chatter, ect.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »

ye
personally i dont read any of the missions as it is, and those are like 10 words long.

for afb tho, i know his can get pretty interesting. just make the mission really long and then u can tell the whole story  1

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pirates
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 02:38:36 PM »

The mission creator is now my favorite part of the game. I only fly turns now to find and look
at everyone's missions (a couple of dogs, but most are really good.)

But the rewards need to be rebalanced higher for everything except creds (which are fine)
or no one is going to waste turns flying them. For instance, I just flew Risky Business. Used
over 100 turns. Mission power was 900 billion (2x my FP) Final reward was 50% experience.
(I know that because it's my mission.) Paid 9,000 experience!?!  Are you kidding me? I can fly
a five turn 10b FP AC encounter with zero risk and make 177,000 experience. Ninety times the
risk and twenty times the turns pays five percent the reward? No way Jose.

But this concept is on track to be the most compelling feature of SO and I just love it. Kudos E.
Pirates
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »

Wish list:

Upload mission icon image.
Select battle type: reg, board, scout, raid.
Reward controls moved to fail/succeed side of set up.
Allow preview link to anyone, so you can have friends preview and offer suggestions. (while WIP)
User mission rating (1 - 5) at end of mission  and rating stars shown on mission preview/accept screen.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:16:40 PM by Pirates » Report to moderator   Logged
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2008, 05:43:28 PM »

anyone played my mission yet? (just another nebula) its my first one n i know its is rough to say the least but feedback would be cool.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »

i just did one, it gave a good reward, im loveing the missions, its more profitable to do them than wait for aliens 8 trill in 1 hour, not 1 hours turns, keep them coming guys, i still havent found them all but the slipgate is probably my fav so far

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »

Pirate Party was short and sweet
and i got a great reward
great stuff keep it coming guys

Pirates
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2008, 04:50:13 PM »

I just flew Just Another Nebula and since you asked for feedback.

It is well and humorously written. And I like it that it doesn't burn a lot of turns.
And the intermediary rewards are generous enough for the low turn steps.
Only negative is there is no big pay off at the end. But maybe I just missed it
because I was beaten when I joined the game and then was asked to leave.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »

priates, please don't double post, just edit your first post from now on and add it to that.

There are a lot of things that could be done with this, it all depends on how it's going to affect gameplay really.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »

mmm thx for feedback. lol no one i had read it (b4 it was done) every did the tournament... it has 3 ways to get to like 500% rewards and 1 way to get to a planet. just another neb has 42 steps and hundreds of possible ways to complete it. if you win the tournament... thats one way (u get like a 3-600% reward). Most of the rest of the plot is accessed by making the guys warp away (instead of fighting with them) and pursuing them.

glad u liked it

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

mmm thx for feedback. lol no one i had read it (b4 it was done) every did the tournament... it has 3 ways to get to like 500% rewards and 1 way to get to a planet. just another neb has 42 steps and hundreds of possible ways to complete it. if you win the tournament... thats one way (u get like a 3-600% reward). Most of the rest of the plot is accessed by making the guys warp away (instead of fighting with them) and pursuing them.

glad u liked it

O.o 42 steps eh? Hmm...I may have to go fiddle with this thing soon...(hears groans and gurmblings about monkey's super long and weird mission)

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »

how long is monkey's?

-Silence444-
deezee66
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2008, 12:39:13 AM »

priates, please don't double post, just edit your first post from now on and add it to that.

There are a lot of things that could be done with this, it all depends on how it's going to affect gameplay really.

That would just confuse people since it was basicly a reply to silence 444
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2008, 02:13:29 AM »

- The standing / reputation is now percent based. The % can be 1% - 100% of the mission power. If the standing is positive, then the mission will increase reputation and decrease bounty. On the other hand, if the mission step gives a negative reputation, it will decrease reputation while adding to the bounty of the commander. This functions in a similar way as the reward, and is advised that in the case of an evil action a standing loss % equal to the reward percent should be applied...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: