Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 07:23:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you agree with this suggestion
Yes
No Comment
No
Some Of It

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alliance Multiplier/Research  (Read 8620 times)
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »

I was thinking, an alliance is a group of people working together, so shouldn't you make a separate research for alliances, the cost is increased above normal price (normal cost times members?), this tech is added to all people in the alliance, There is also the build Alliance station for the leader, this will be accessible to all members, and will act as an information hub, alliance items trading, etc etc the alliance station is upgradeable by all member's, using the alliance tech.
Load of Junk ain't it, feedback appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:25:54 PM by lalelulilo » Report to moderator   Logged

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:59:17 PM »

instead of alliance stations
i think planets should be accessible to all members if the owner selects a button - yes, accessible or no private
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »

yes, but i feel that stations are rubbish, and having it accessible to members doesn't really mean much, as other members cant upgrade it (because of the different tech levels), so why not just have alliance tech and alliance station's?

EDIT:Public planets just mean some newb can join and steal all your reasources...

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »

true
but thats y u shouldn't let just anybody into your alliance

but then again theres always alt abuse...

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »

will act as an information hub, alliance items trading, etc etc the alliance station is upgradeable by all member's, using the alliance tech.

i like it 1

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »

Thanks for your feedback, and as i said in one of my posts, alt abuse can be used in anything, thats why i only said use station's, not planets or mining facility's.

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:54:44 AM »

will act as an information hub, alliance items trading, etc etc the alliance station is upgradeable by all member's, using the alliance tech.

i like it 1

I like it to. I said before their should be some way for private trade between alliance members somewhere in another thing but no one really payed much attention to it. But i agree with this idea

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:55:52 AM »

gah! who gave me -1 reputation!?!?
Whaed i do!?
I'll kill them i'll annihilate them!!!!>:o

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »

Thanks Mordecai, Hey Emi i think people would like this idea 1
Any chance it could be added?

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »

Alt abuse.... all I have to say.....

Or one top player could get his entire alliance warp disrupters.....

What if the alliance is a one men  allie when the researches are done and shortly after 19 people join in?

lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:25:34 PM »

alt abuse is everywere, hows this for an anti alt sollution, new accounts cannot interact with any any alliance's, attack other players, or buy anything from the market, for a certain amount of time or certain level.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »

So just boost your alt and the problem is solved aswell. On main I played 3 account in the top 50 in the rounds I was active.

Tsai Carnam
Private

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »

The alt abuse thing, I really find it annoying, and I have no idea why Sir Emi would allow it, I am against it as a whole. If we could ban Alts as a whole, and create harsh punishments for it, that would pretty much cure most of the abuses.

Though, if this is added, allowing stations and such, I would also be in support of possibly creating alliance taxes on BioFarm income, Workers, Asteroid Bases, CP, resource gathered. Also, an Alliance Secret Asteroid base and stash center, and they have to find a location to place it if they wish to use it, and it could be more easily raided and such, but it does move after 5 attacks or so to ensure that it isn't harassed all the time.

Also, the Tech thing, I find that maybe the entire field can be narrowed down to only a few research fields, and not the entire enchilada.
Such tech that would be awesome to keep is:
System Building
Station Defence/Offense
Mining Technology
Planetary Construction

As a whole, I find the entire Alliance thing just a group of people that are trying to protect themselves, but it feels pretty much limited to that, and creates an environment which people would feel that it is rather inactive. In other games and such, such as chosenspace, me and my friends have tried different methods of building our factions which were extremely successful. What I would like the entire alliance to feel more interactive and etc.

Ultimately, I just go on and off of playing Spaceodyssey because of the entire feeling of the alliance. In reality, Allies pool their resources so that they can fight a common enemy or threat.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »

but some people have enough time to creat an alliance have 20 alts and give resources to the strongest one, they would have the upper hand while it is not alt abuse, it total undermines the alt abuse rule

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »

what if you have it to where you HAVE to trade something like if someone gives yuo something you have to give something back or you can only trade like once every two weeks or a week

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: