Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 19, 2024, 02:17:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Market size increase  (Read 8147 times)
Nightguard
Private

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2006, 08:31:56 AM »

Can we please have more market bids every 5 mins.We are getting a lot of outbidding & this is upsetting the top players.Their response is to buy every bid stopping the rest of us playing.
Report to moderator   Logged
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:19:01 AM »

I am in agreement with this with the new importance on trade and the increased players we need more items to bid on and sell

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 12:03:07 AM »

Also, maybe a limit on how many bids you can have out at once.

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 11:48:44 PM »

Also, maybe a limit on how many bids you can have out at once.

Watch Ricu and Ronald fight this part of the idea  laugh

Anyway, I'm for it, as since I've started being active in the market, I cannot seem to find anything to bid on/pawn to CHOAM (especially when Ronald is on).
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 02:20:42 AM »

They have enough money to buy every item on the market at max price and still have money left over. Also a limit on how many you can have out at once would prevent such a jump in power like theirs' was (They went from out of my site to above me in less then a day by playing the market for a couple hours.)

Scruffy
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:14:17 PM »

The market is truly the best source of income. It is totally safe, great profits, and very dependable. But it can easily be exploited by those that have the time to sit around all day playing getting huge returns. I know I would swing home to do a quick buy sell. I used one million segs on the market and would buy everything I could. So there were tons of tranactions. Placing a turns on each buy or sell action would really balance this. Everything else takes turns why not the market. I would balance those that can play all day and those that have a very fixed time. It would prevent upper players from buying the lower price items just because they had the money and space, because the loss of turns would be more valuable to them.... Now the exact turns per buy sell would need testing. Maybe 5 per action? However, after saying all this I like playing the market every chance I get and would like to see only more and quicker postings. heheheheehhee
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 04:43:44 PM »

dont like that way market is something to keep alot of ppl busy easly but increcing the amout that is on the market should to also with makeing a max amout of can have bidded on at once, like you can only bid on a max of 10 things at once

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 02:26:54 PM »

that, or make some new n more expensive goods for the higher players to rape so they can let us small guys and our goods alone 16

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 04:21:46 PM »

Maybe the paramaters could be changed so that instead of being static, the market could become dynamic.

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 07:21:54 PM »

Scruffy, the market is not 100% safe, it's 50/50, though right now, more like 25/75, leaning towards the you get screwed over due to there being no items for purchase due to ronald and ricu and the other spaceballs bidding on everything. Even normally it's a risk, cause you may get something you can't sell, or there is no offer for more then you sold it for, or even you get attacked and lose a chunk of those goods you had, costing you a lot of money. But a limit needs to be made, and up the amount of bids out there.

And what are you talking about mrtimbr?

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

mmm...  methinks mr.tim means making the market dynamic like missions and the gold credit bonus... the higher up teh game gets, the bigger the rewards and costs...

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 12:58:59 AM »

well im comming to think now that end the end a small increase wouldnt be that bad, but that it will stay stable in the amout of people useing it and wont raise at all, beacuse by the time the lower ranked players just start useing the market the higher ranked ones outgrow the market and stop useing it, most of the top 10 has stopped useing the market at this point leaving it up to lower players, it was just hectic when the top ten was using it that time right before switching to stronger ships and outgrowing it was the worst part for the market. but now i see its real quite... it was just that 2-3 week period were everything was crazy on the market but now thouse weekers players have it all to themselves.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 08:13:47 AM »

yea, you're right lamma, though I still think a maximum bid out at a time is a good idea.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 11:43:05 PM »

ya max of 10 bids at a time so some1 cant hoard the market

Scarface
Private

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 10:58:01 AM »

I'm thinking that there should be a bit more of an amount closeness. Currently Items are sold in groups of 10,000 and 1,000,000, maybe add in 100,000. Especially if the products change their amount as has recently happened. Many of the larger items were sold in 1,000,000 groups have now changed to 10,000. It would now take 100 sales for someone to unload things they purchased at the larger amounts.

Personnaly, I would just create a random amount generator for CHOAM to buy/sell random amounts between 10,000 and 1,000,000 of all products. This would force people to either specialize in one commodity, or have to force buy and sell products to make up differences. This would also make for more independent sales and all in all, make for a more realistic market situation.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: