Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 03, 2024, 08:41:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alliances?  (Read 10434 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:23:03 PM »

sence this is more of a perment version with no resets and very slow game play... (meaning people should never be able to max out in 10-15 years worth of turns.. right?)

should there still be a liment on the amount of people in an allaince? if its perment without resets i would think it would be nice to have an infinate amount of members as a max.. that or a skill that as your "empire" of "controled area" gets larger so dose the amount of people you can have in your allaince.

i mean it seems really pointless to have a game of territories if its common sence thats its impossible for a mear 20 people to take over and maintain some few hundred stars..

It would be intresting something along the lines that if you have a certaint upgrade in a space station it allows you to increase your allaince number by one (and anyone in the allaince can add this upgrade..) but you can only have 1 per space base (or 1 per star) so every time you want another member you have to take over another star..

and to make things more intresting a way to kill off an allaince is if you destory their space bases with the ablity to raise the membership by 1 they automaticaly lose their weakest member.. so that means now in wars it is more possible to destory an allaince..

and on top of that.. i would think 20 members as a base number is still too much.. what if you where to lower the max membership to like 5 for any new allaince without space bases.. and the only way to raise that membership is to get another space base with an "increase membership" facility on it..
Report to moderator   Logged

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 07:59:29 PM »

I think that 20 is a good starting #. As for the base addition thing, I don't think it is neccissary or helpful this early.

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »

20 is too big.. it means that the entire massive allaince thing will be pointless.. keep it extreamly low, so people in a war will instead of haveing to destory the other guys ships to win there have to destory the other allainces space bases..

so if you have 100 members and go to war with another large allaince.. (this means you control 95 star's) that other large allaince can start picking off your weakest members by attacking your space bases.. this will deffently being massive "allaince wars" into the equation of a now galaxy based systeum..

if an allaince max is only 5 members without space bases it will make it a horrible concequence for loseing a major battle... you could lose all your allaince..

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:04:33 PM »

Makes it harder on the newer alliances. We don't want to give the big ones free rides; it would be better to make it really hard for the big alliances to keep growing, and harder for them to crush the smaller ones.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:42:21 PM »

i agree we should be able to have 150 people like g unit did a few rounds ago  because this is a dumbed down version of origonal SpaceO so bring back some previous things it had

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »

Makes it harder on the newer alliances. We don't want to give the big ones free rides; it would be better to make it really hard for the big alliances to keep growing, and harder for them to crush the smaller ones.

how can a large allaince hit members of a smaller allaince that keeps dodgeing there attacks? it can always be made diffcult to destory a space base.. oh i dont know 20 turns to attack it.. and like a 50% chance to hit it (or up/down depending on the space bases defence) so that once someone builds a space base attack it means you just want that territoy or want to destoy that allaince..

also make is so that the space bases dont block encounters and encryptions, only fleets do.. so attacking someones space bases is like an act of terrirtoal war..

sure an allliance may gain control.. but even with 150 people in an allaince controling 145 stars... with the rate of growth it will be impossilbe to defend every space base from a fleet of smaller commanders...

blak.. and for that idea.. maybe make is so that as your "empire" gets bigger it gets harder to conrol.. aka pirates, or reavers, or other random events could happen (rebbellion? strikes?) happen more often as your allaince and space base count gets larger.. therefore making it harder to keep larger allainces toghether and easier to lose space bases.. were an allaince with a few bases will be more powerful because there is more central control on a civlization spreading 5 stars than there is for one spreading 150 stars.. who knows for an extreme of that make a space base capital a strong hold extreamly hard to kill.... and the further away from the capital the more chances of corruption, riots or strikes or rebellions to happen 1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:16:45 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 11:27:41 PM »

how can a large allaince hit members of a smaller allaince that keeps dodgeing there attacks? it can always be made diffcult to destory a space base.. oh i dont know 20 turns to attack it.. and like a 50% chance to hit it (or up/down depending on the space bases defence) so that once someone builds a space base attack it means you just want that territoy or want to destoy that allaince..

also make is so that the space bases dont block encounters and encryptions, only fleets do.. so attacking someones space bases is like an act of terrirtoal war..

sure an allliance may gain control.. but even with 150 people in an allaince controling 145 stars... with the rate of growth it will be impossilbe to defend every space base from a fleet of smaller commanders...

blak.. and for that idea.. maybe make is so that as your "empire" gets bigger it gets harder to conrol.. aka pirates, or reavers, or other random events could happen (rebbellion? strikes?) happen more often as your allaince and space base count gets larger.. therefore making it harder to keep larger allainces toghether and easier to lose space bases.. were an allaince with a few bases will be more powerful because there is more central control on a civlization spreading 5 stars than there is for one spreading 150 stars.. who knows for an extreme of that make a space base capital a strong hold extreamly hard to kill.... and the further away from the capital the more chances of corruption, riots or strikes or rebellions to happen 1

lol Lamma all this PvP gone to your head. Empires, yeah I would like to see that, make your members each have tech 5 station and build 100 stations and see if you can hold them all first  gunsmilie then we add some more toys for you, like planets with special abilities 

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 06:46:08 PM »

yay!!! lol

then have problems.. you know make it hard for a large allaince to keep control of its stars and easier for a smaller one.. so you CAN become big.. but it will be a pain in the ass and probaly cost alot 1

also like blak said make is so lager allainces have a harder time to hurt a smaller empire :p

hay pvp seems intresting because so far im haveing fun.. but im sure the second we get to the point were everyone starts boarding the encounters it will be boring as hell and some loi guys will take over again (of course.. unless you make it impossible to board encounters, or remove the option completly)

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 07:31:53 PM »

whinge whinge whinge do you practice these speeches your a has been and cant handle the fact or loi so tell someone who cares
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 08:26:21 PM »

Asria, now would be a good time to remove a post 1 (one above) there is no need for blunt insults on a suggustion topic.. keep it real loi.. yes, we have already shown that you hate me davey, but that dosnt mean you have to post an insult after everything i post, and if you countinue maybe emi should consider banning you from the froums..

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 09:31:47 PM »

lamma.. write shorter posts.. i have add and cant pay attention to you long ones

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 09:50:29 PM »

I kind of agree with lamma....being able to build up an empire would be cool lol. I think it wouldent be that bad if a large alliance held maybe 100 stars (but not TOO much...maybe a limit to total allaince bases.)
And if you did introduce space pirates or reavers or something that could nock off stations that incresaed membership once in a while then the bigger the alliance got the harder it would be too keep it that big. If Emi puts this in and makes space sations give even more control over a system then you could have a allaince owned sytem dedicated to trading or somethin....(whicxh i think would be cool:P)

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »

wow that would be cool tradeing posts :p ! screw chroam, lets create our own systeums of tradeing.. set up defult prices for items to sell to others what you mine (if you dont use it) another good way to improve (may be a bit off your idea but..) if people create their own tradeing posts in the galaxy to sell recouses that space base gathers automaticaly it could be another form of a player based chroam

sorry cameron :S i just have alot to say on this.. seems like a great way to expand the galaxy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:53:12 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 12:43:24 AM »

Ya and i think it would be cool if you could have a manufacturing facility or something attached to the station(just to make trade goods...wouldent want any cheap bonuses out there now would we 16). But i dunno..there are a whole bunch of things you could do. although i think having stations grant more power over systems (ie, all people in system are defended by the station, or only allaince members are defended by it.). then you could set up safe points for people to come and meet without mass attacks everywhere or just have a system dedicated to storing pooled allaince money or something...(more interest?)lol...just some ideas

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 12:47:22 AM »

well the allaince/space bases do need to be improved to make the galaxy an even more effective form of terrirtorys 1

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: