Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 11, 2024, 06:01:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: defend yourself and the game from hackers  (Read 2182 times)
nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2007, 04:25:51 AM »

alittle background information, i am a hobbyist programer/hacker i just like computers i am not a cracker i just like how programs work and how you can change them to adapt them from there origional purpose, i dont hack websites/games and i dont exploit places i could, as i said i just have a fascination with programming and after 1 hacked this game and having seen multiple games i used to enjoy being hacked i decided to make sure that dosent happen to this, my favorite game, in looking at this game i immediately noticed i could using simple code found many places including forums and minimum if any programing  know-how i could get on anyones file who didnt check no cookies

first of all click no cookies (emi this should be automaticaly checked) if you dont it is a simple matter to steal your file

emi if you would like me not to do this anymore i will respect that wish but if it is ok with you i would like to send you ways people will try to exploit this game and post more ways for people to defend themselfs from jerks who cant play fair
.. of course this is only with your permission but i  just want to say make sure that text boxes and chat dont accept <script> code or any others for that matter

and to all wanabe hackers im watching you banned
Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 05:58:53 AM »

Aslong as you dont post anything to give people an idear how to do it, its fine I guess.

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:24:54 PM »

You'd almost have to be a Hacker yourself to know the difference between a Hacker and a Cracker. :-)

I'd be inclined to agree with Nuke here. Also the less said about said holes the better in open channels.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »

i agree totaly if you feel i said to much i will edit im just trying to get a point across and nice to see you know the difference lol

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:26:51 PM »

Guess I was a cracker  16 stopepd with that before I realy started, when I learned how to do it became boring as cracking of other is pathetic 1

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: