Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 08:30:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Conters / Attack signatures in full assault battle  (Read 11224 times)
Armageddon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 04:00:01 AM »

I thought the system we had last round after the full attack bug fix was fair enough...

The current system is in the favor of Attacker because he can keep killing defender's Marines untill his ships bursts... But if the Defender tries to counter the attacker then the Marines he klled is also contributed to the overall Loss and the counter disappears..

The system we had last round was good enough so that the attacker has to think before he attacks..
Report to moderator   Logged
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 05:01:22 AM »

but then that would not encourage attacking, this way you can try a counter, then wait till next time in you see them and do the same to them... board them till there ship explodes.

WARS Account= Overmind
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »

oh course FTP wants it left as it is. he never attacks and that will only put him in the positive position. i say leave full assault as is and leave the chance to warp there. but as for the remote attack. that's something different. there should have never been an attack signature with them attacks and only one attack per counter. example will be this. they track u down from warp signature from a remote attack. they power up to 4 times your power with enough kamakazi's to take out all 4-5 of your mission ships. u can't warp away. even if u could warp away they have a chance to succeed and with enough turns can keep tracking u until u fail to warp away.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 06:27:30 PM »

oh course FTP wants it left as it is. he never attacks and that will only put him in the positive position. i say leave full assault as is and leave the chance to warp there. but as for the remote attack. that's something different. there should have never been an attack signature with them attacks and only one attack per counter. example will be this. they track u down from warp signature from a remote attack. they power up to 4 times your power with enough kamakazi's to take out all 4-5 of your mission ships. u can't warp away. even if u could warp away they have a chance to succeed and with enough turns can keep tracking u until u fail to warp away.

Do I have to go to this discussion with you again?
I say keep them by the same rules as regular attacking.

Aka: On remote assault, counters should go by the same rules as the attack, except it will pass nebula. One attack failed or not gives a counter, so one attack failed or not costs you one.

On full assault, you give only a counter by destroying more then 20% or stealing soemthing (ake segments,creds,workers), so if you counter you should have the same changes on losing it as to give it.

Quote from my first post here:
For main server every remote assault gives a counter so every remote assault counter should vanish after one try even if it was a decoy attack.

And at your comment not attacking on WAR server I attacked allot, the discussion with Amagnon and Tzargoth is only about war server.

And I think I remember that I attacked you aswell, not knowing it was you, and I attack darkhorse alliance and some others aswell, so to start saying I never attack might not be entirely accurate. yes I attack less then some others do.. so?

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 02:43:10 AM »

"And at your comment not attacking on WAR server I attacked allot, the discussion with Amagnon and Tzarkoth is only about war server."

Hmmm .. you've never given me a counter FTP .. Still waiting. :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 08:20:23 AM »

Was to busy hitting your members I guess think I only gave you a counter at the start of the round 16

Nah I dont have time to play SO WARS anymore it has to wait 5 weeks till university load is getting less again. I hope I will have enough time then, so congrats go to Rivaris for ruining my fun ^^

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »

Ok, we have to open up the posibility of splitting Counters / Attack Signatures into separate things to make PvP better.

- Remote Attack gives Counters that are used only for other Remote Attacks
- Full Assault gives Attack Signature that can be used to track / attack the target in the Galaxy

Please share your toughts if this is a viable option to make the commander combat better.

Thank you and God Speed!

Sir Emi

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »

this would mean, allowing ppl to click the rankings and attack you, correct? i dont mind just make sure max and min range for remote assualts are fair. meaning i wont get kamied.

WARS Account= Overmind
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »

this would mean, allowing ppl to click the rankings and attack you, correct? i dont mind just make sure max and min range for remote assualts are fair. meaning i wont get kamied.

Yes, this would make remote and full assault completely separate ways of attack...

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 03:56:00 AM »

As so many think 0% chance to warp is bad how about maybe droping it to 50% of normal warp chance on a counter ?
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 05:41:44 AM »

Its fine as it is - the current system for counter attack definitely favouring the defender - its difficult to get value out of an attack, especially when you know you are very likely to get countered.

Being wars server - you really want to encourage aggressive play - you want attacks happening - at the moment its very expensive to make an attack - and a counter attack makes it more expensive.

Theres already not much justification (cost / benefit wise) for attacking - dont make it worse.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 08:04:25 AM »

Maybe basing the warp change on the power differance on the attack, means if I as attack am close to the other person in power warp changes will stay normal. But if I am only 1/1000th of the one I attack give the counter attack a better change of hitting back 1 Means small people cant hide by being small. But will prevent people from powering up to counter someone with allot more power.

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 01:53:12 AM »

Thats the biggest thing I would like changed is so that you can't attack and put so many ships in reserve you can't be countered.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 08:33:56 AM »

Nothing you can do about that and I can hit people 10x my power anyways. Except for making reserving impossible on the war server, that would be fun 1

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 12:01:20 PM »

that would solve a lot of problems with ppls alts atking u then reserving to like 100 mil power. ulf does that all the time and its really annoying.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: