Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 21, 2024, 05:17:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: give ship option  (Read 3360 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2006, 12:04:39 PM »

coming from my post in general forum area:

speaking of clone fleet, E, it seems some people are getting ripped due to cloning being gold only.  don't get me wrong, it's great, but if a member gives a ship design to a non-member, the member will get zero out of it, simply because the person on the receiving end is not a member.  maybe you could add a feature to gold members to 'offer ship design to:_______' where it would then send a 'cloned version' of it to the person, and then the member can get his royalty that he really deserves.  meh... I'll probably re-post in suggestions anyway...

so, how bout it?  non-gold people would still not have an actual clone fleet option, they would instead have to go through a gold member.  this can rpetty much happen anyway, the gold member gets the stats, then gives it to the other person, just this way it makes it simpler to do AND gives the original creator the royalty he/she is supposed to get.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »

nah ars, that wouldnt work because then you could just clone gold designs and sned the other person whatevr they needed, whether you made it or not... effectively jsut 1 person needing gold accoutn instead fo havign to write evrything out...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 11:44:49 PM »

exactly, only 1 person needs gold account right now, anyway.  as you said yourself, all they have to do is right everything down, send it via PM or something else, then the other person has it.  but what then?  the person who it is given to has to design it themselves, and then the system recognizes the person as the original creator of that ship, instead of it really being a copy, so the person who it is getting it off from, gold or non-gold, receives zip.  at least this way, gold members will have a way of receiving royalty for their designs, whether they give it to a member or non-member.

this could also be a step to/from alliance ships, as then it would be giving that design to the alliance fleet.  and council fleet as well.  of course, if the person on the receiving end didn't want it, they can always delete the design. 

oh, and as far as I know, E has it set up where the cloned ships are tagged to the original person, making sure the original creator of the ship is awarded royalty is as simple as just making sure the tag is never lost between cloning's.

example:
person A has ship Person C wants
person B clones person A's ship    <--- cloned ship has tag to person A
person B gives ship to person C    <--- clone is cloned again, keeping previous tag of person A, no new tag is created

see?  the only possibile problem is that it would mean person B wouldn't have to dissect the entire ship to give it to person C, unless they wanted to give the ship in a manner that would not give the credits to the original creator.  then in that case, this option would make no difference, anyway, as the person would dissect it, send it through PM, then the other person re-build it. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:04:56 AM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 12:25:44 AM »

yeah but having a gold is supposed to be a convinience, adn sending evrythign through pm and trackign down parts is annoying, so it makes it so you dont send gold designs as much... trying to get teh other person to buy a gold instead...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »

I believe what ars is trying to say is that only the orginal designer gets the credits no matter how many are cloned even if they send the design to a non gold memmber

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 08:54:13 PM »

ya, but I believe what hellsword is saying, and he does have somewhat a point, is that it will take some of the convenience only available in gold membership to non-gold as well, because then all someone that is non-gold would have to do, is ask a gold memebr to send them a copy of the ship, instead of having to go through the hassle of dissecting and reassembling the entire ships stats.

so it's really something I beleive that will be up to sir E (of course) but also those gold members who design ships for others. 

would you rather give up most of the convenience of gold account cloning for the chance for more royalties?
or do you want to keep the convenience, and leave royalties from non-gold people lost.

now, I'm not saying this guarentees all royalties will automatically be given, people will still be able to try to dissect a ship, so the other person can build it from scratch so no royalties is given anyway, just this way it at least gives the designers a chance for royalties.

like if gunfighter frank gave me a ship design, even if gunfighter frank is gold, he will never be able to get a credit out of royalties itself, simply because the person he is giving the ship to is not gold.

in other words, in a way designers gaining profit from royalties are right limited to only those who have gold accounts, and no one else.

but by making it a gold only option, that will ensure that you still have to have a gold account to do it, leaving it with cloning still somewhat safe to only gold members.  royalties right now can only be given by gold members, meaning even non-gold members can get royalties anyway. 

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 08:43:49 PM »

*bump*

-and-

ok, I got another idea for this, and while it will take some usibility out of it, it should also make it much fairer all round:

you may only give ships out that do NOT have a cloned tag on it (meaning you designed it yourself)

then there is no convenience being lost for gold accounts, because this means you designed it yourself and if you are like me, you have a copy of all it's stats in some word program, instantly ready to hand over all details needed to build it to someone else in about 10 seconds.

and in order to reverse engineer a ship, you will have to get a copy of the ship itself, meaning right there you would need gold account.

however, making it nongold as well, is not part of the original idea, and I would wait for E himself to comment on that, before going any further with that.

anyway, in a sense, there really is no way to give people ship designs, now that I think of it.  the only way is to send the other person a copy of stats, to have him/her build it themselves, or have them clone it off of you.

and with that: limit to going through a PM to the other person, where then he/she can accept or reject it.  it may seem a little odd, but this would stop people from having their fleet systems flooded by designs they don't really want, instead only having to delete ship confirmations in their PM.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »

I like the idea for the most part.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: