Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 03:08:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buddy nebbing and lenth of time in neb  (Read 15207 times)
kryologic
Corporal

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:43:41 AM »

EMI, I hope you find some way to remove the ability to cheat your way to the top by buddy nebbing. I would like to suggest that the length of time in a neb be reduced to 8 hours, 12 hours max. This buddy nebbing takes the war out of this fine war game. It is in my opinion cheating, all else who agree should post their opinion here. All who neb each other to avoid playing with any skill will see not be spared by me on dday.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:53:33 AM by kryologic » Report to moderator   Logged
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:57:46 AM »

Maybe creating a permanent truce between alliance members, would limit people nebbing each other, but since the vacation mode hasnt been fixed, I dont see anything being done about nebbing. It has been a constant problem for many rounds that has never been addressed

yawn
Report to moderator   Logged

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:31:31 PM »

Hmmm .. What is this I hear? Hide your way to victory? Doesn't sound right to me. Come to think of it, you don't need a buddy to do it, can do it with alt. d**n those alts.

Perhaps if people don't use their Counters, then that counter gets sold by the Intel Contract people ..

That would put a stop to buddy nebbing.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:33:33 PM »

no it wouldnt, just counter with a decoy

off to serve my country in the deep forests of the freezing hell.
Argus
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 08:53:41 AM »

I think nebs are fine the way they are, just make a list of those who hide, and when dday comes, there will be no hiding.
deezee66
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »

Argus is right but on the other side of the arguement when in the neb with no fear of counters you can put away everything but mission ships and fly encounters/incryptions and i believe 50 % of the commanders do it atleast those in the top 50 so that would be a long dday list btw i have done it myself but not often only when i go a few days without an attack so i dont believe it has much to do with hiding but more to do with falling behind the others
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »

Maybe your income can double every 3 days you aren't nebbed. That'll stop people nebbing each other quick smart.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »

Never been nebbed on purpose, sometimes I don't even like to use pships  12
Even if it isn't cheating, it takes the fun out of the game, lighten up people play for fun not to win...

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
fletch
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 12:57:14 AM »

i agree with kryo there really is to much buddy nebbing going on in the uni.  21 dont have a clue how to fix it though 10
deezee66
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 12:30:04 AM »

Never been nebbed on purpose, sometimes I don't even like to use pships  12
Even if it isn't cheating, it takes the fun out of the game, lighten up people play for fun not to win...

I agree with blak for once i could care less who nebs who since everyone has their own style of gameplay but personally i havent done a mutual nebbing since last round and since i'm more into galaxy contracts anyhow nebbing doesnt do much for me except burn turns quicker but anyhow i believe it's a persons own business how he/she plays and noone else's thats my take on the subject but everyones views are differant
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 01:51:00 AM »

Justification for cheating? Hmmm, lets see what the ToS says.

Terms and conditions of Space Odyssey     

Fair play   
        Players who try to manipulate the rules and/or use loopholes in them may be deleted from the game. Each case will be looked at separately by the Space Odyssey team, before a decision is made.

So what your saying Deezee is its ok for someone to cheat their way to the top in a multiplayer game by using a loophole in a game mechanic not to have to interact with anyone. Knowing full well that the main aim of the game is interaction between the players and conflict which allows the better players to come out on top. By cheating, by using this loophole in the game mechanic, you can avoid contact with other players completely, effectively playing a single player game ... On the SO Wars server, there is no D-Day, you don't have to come out of nebula ever ... So if your of the persuasion where mindless tedious ad nausea repetitive clicking is your thing, and you don't mind exploiting the  loophole in the game mechanic and running at a tangent to the basic premise of the game, why are you even playing an MMO. If your strategy involves not interacting with anyone else, then so be it, don't play.

Sir Emi, can you please return all the lost segments taken in battle from the other players, we thought we were playing a space combat/conquest game, when in actual fact I've just been enlightened as to the fact that we are playing some form of solitary self gratification by mindless repetitiveness.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 04:24:38 AM »

Tzargoth, if emi would reset all segments from battles I would lose segments as msot of mine I gained from attacking 10

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 05:16:09 AM »

Maybe I'm not alone in thinking this was a space combat/conquest game ...

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 05:37:16 AM »

This game is Space Odysey Wack Armagedon Inc. Server right?  12

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 03:04:00 AM »

ok now your just going to have to explain that to me cause it just went right over my head. and im not blonde.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: