Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 05:09:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Market and Trading  (Read 5040 times)
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2008, 05:04:25 PM »

Why do we have to use the market in order to trade from one another its stupid and it creates a risk that someone else will come in and steal everything away while your trading by buying it off while your waiting for the time to end and dont have the creds to simply buy it off yourself

That just happened tome and a friend of mine he was giving me creds and workers and i bid waiting for the time to end then like 20 mins before i would have gotten them all someone came and bought them all off the market and that was allot of creds and workers. All gone cuz someone decided to have them for themselves

Why dont we have something where you can just trade between one another without having to worry about time or bidding or having dangers of someone coming and jacking it all away
Report to moderator   Logged

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Nephadral
Lance Corporal

Main: Nephadral(#8913) WARS: Nephadral(#1341)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 05:17:39 PM »

because then people can cheat easier.

i.e. They can have as many accounts as they want and just trade all their funds into one main account.

of course at this point in the server that wouldn't do much good

however I do see that within an alliance it might be fair to trade unrestrictedly...maybe there would be some way to make that work and prevent cheating

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »

Well not funds but items just basically like the market trading and giving items to one another
Its just basically like the market but without the threat of people
If people cheat from using that to trade items to their one account well they will most likely be doing it as well from the market so its basically the same, or maybe make it to where they still buy it from the others but privately like alittle private room in the alliance to trade between one another or just a basic private area where two or more people can trade their items and goods

Making it to where they can give creds will most likely be to much cuz people will probably start cheating off that unless theirs a way to stop them from cheating ill try to think on that one

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 05:33:06 PM »

What if you have to message like Emi or FTP or any other monitor in the game and they open a channel up for you that allows you to trade wether its creds, goods, or items or just give them to someone and you give the monitors a reason for it so that they can open it up and allow you two to do so or not

If they think your trading with someone to much and think your cheating like you said by giving all your creds to one account they dont open it and do whatever else they think is nessecary so then people wont really be able to cheat just be able to help out one another

Nephadral
Lance Corporal

Main: Nephadral(#8913) WARS: Nephadral(#1341)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 05:46:22 PM »

yeah something like that could work.

Maybe just a simple submit for approval, that takes effect sometime after a moderator take a look at it.

Maybe its too much of a hassle though.

It would however deter people from picking on a weaker member of an alliance, and allow the alliance to better protect them.

It could also potentially increase PvP in some ways (but I will keep those ideas to myself for now)

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 06:23:26 PM »

Well Maybe it woulnt help to ask and put it out their for discussion

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 01:25:20 AM »

you just have to use the buy offer terminal rather than the sell offer terminal. if you want to get items cheap from a friend put up a buy offer and have him accept it.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 02:33:30 AM »

huh?

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »

No losted, that only works for market goods, there are no buy offers for items

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 02:37:21 AM »

o.k. , i had the wrong idea. yeah if you want to be guarenteed getting bonus items you better just be prepared to either pay the max buyout bid, or take your chances like the rest of us.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »

Like i said just putting it out there, it would be kinda better to have something like that

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

Transfering items = Transfering credits. (credit items)

I don't see any problem with the open market, you sell something CHOAM and they place it on the market, why would they turn down a better offer, CHOAM has to make credits too  laugh

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »

Yea but if your trading or rather giving items to an ally or something when you put it on the open market its either buy them off instantly which costs a pretty penny or just bet and hope no one else takes it if they have more money then you do

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: