Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 18, 2024, 01:19:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: You wonder why newbies don't stick around?  (Read 13458 times)
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 05:39:07 PM »

Hey. I said it takes time. I didn't say LOL4Days?ushouldbepro!

You just need to roll with the hits. Everyone goes through them...they help you learn...
Report to moderator   Logged
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »

stupid

Nah I joke, just take any chance I can to get a dig at Coma! ;)

SERIOUS STOOFZ

Its a radical idea, but get yourself known in chat, ask questions, take advice and ask someone if they are in the area and could clear some reavers for you. You might be surprised, in a good way!

Do exactly as Fester says my friend! Anybody who is in chat will help you out.. Nearly! 16 (provided the are online!)

First things first - get a station and mine up. Then get another. Then another. Then another. Then another. Set them all to 50%/50% (mine/credits). This will give you a constant hourly income you can use to rape these nubs attacking you.

V is right here too! Getting mines up is essential to your gameplay! If you can't kill reavers, just save up credits to mine resources! (if everytime you get ships they get killed.. Bide your time and save up credits from voting!) Most players in incursions will clear reavers for you if you ask nicely in chat! 1  Also if there is no incursion and you ask a player to clear reavers, try to go to the player doing it.. It will put them off if they have to spend a gazillion turns getting to the location! 1

Also.. Try messaging a few players for advice. 1
A list of players who I know for a fact will give advice:
Captain Relentless (Me! ;D)
Admiral Fury
lllSp4nKylll
V
Saturn 7
Fester
Borg!
highlandknight
Wiley Space Cadet
clarkie21 possibly:P
and finally Cameron0788 1

(there may be more but these are the ones that are either actively playing or just checking in quite regularly)

Hope this helps! 13

-Relentless.

P.S. Possibly my longest and most helpful post on the forums thus far!  thumbsup

Jory
Private

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:11:29 PM »

Thanks for all the help! I will follow all your instructions!  17 1
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

Jory. I like you. You're persistent. It's a good trait to have, and I've been needing a new padawan. If you start playing on main I'd be more then happy to give you my teachings.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Jory
Private

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »

Jory. I like you. You're persistent. It's a good trait to have, and I've been needing a new padawan. If you start playing on main I'd be more then happy to give you my teachings.

OK... I'll tell you when. 1 Thanks! 
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:18 AM »

I wouldn't turn that offer down, Jory.  Dude wins LIKE A BOSS!

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 12:20:55 AM »

and dont forget to vote. you can basically get your first mine up just off voting credits alone...

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 02:04:01 AM »

nah I'm a baddie 1

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 04:19:49 PM »

As the round progresses the value of the vote rewards increases, both the number of turns received and also the credit reward, credits are now at 100,000,000 per vote ;)
Res
Private

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »

Atleast I am not the one attacking or even setting you up to be attacked.
People tend to belive that I do that sort of stuff. But I dont.
The so called vets attack anyone and everyone as they know how to play the game and bend the rules to suit themselves.

Everyone here says that they will teach you something about the game. yet none of them really teach you anything about the game. This is a PVP game, everyone attacks everyone else.

If you want to learn the play the game take the advise from everyone and make your mind up as to what you are going to do.
The thing that you have to try and figure out is who is who's alt. Alt abuse is a common thing in this game, it gets reported and nothing is ever done about it. If you do not belive me then check the forum logs, they speak for themselves.
Jory
Private

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »

Good Morning all! I have another question... Several of you have mentioned cycles and rounds. What are they?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:27:25 AM by Jory » Report to moderator   Logged
SuperXD
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »

when someone maxes power at 9quint or 20 people join dday dday starts and you can attack anybody you want then after 24 hours of that everything is reset back to 0
Jory
Private

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »

when someone maxes power at 9quint or 20 people join dday dday starts and you can attack anybody you want then after 24 hours of that everything is reset back to 0

Back to 0? You mean everyone in the game starts back at the very beginning... again?
SuperXD
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 04:34:59 PM »

yes everyone then has a fair shot these happen like every couple months
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

I agree! Borg! is a baddie!  16

Nah, seriously.. Don't pass up that offer.. Borg is one of the best.. 1 The only thing is with being a pirate you may have NLA killing you.. Since you will be new and we want new players to do well... I won't hit you 13 The rest of NLA might be as kind, but I can't make promises!:P

Res is also right... To an extent.. The people here offering help have invaluable help, yes there is a lot of PvP in the lower ranks but in the top ranks it's pretty inactive unless borg is playing lol. Yes there are a lot of alts but finding who is who is not all the game is about 1

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: