Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 06:40:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Encounters update  (Read 35202 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2006, 09:10:59 AM »

ya, useing my alt im finding tons, and i love it.. but when it comes to my main no encounters in about 2k turns and 3-4 days is a bit bad.. if its what emi said it was a range of 200 encounters for 2-10th place what dose it do take the avrage? beacuse at that point the avrage i can even see is around 10-15 quad, and like i can do thouse..

well the update is great for most people, but emi can you PLEASE make it so that i can see an encounter, just one.. to make sure they still exist for me..
Report to moderator   Logged

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2006, 12:18:52 PM »

Emi how about isntead of removing the lower limit oyu just make a point after which oyu can see all events, like maybe 1quad power. After this point, the 5% doesnt apply, so i can see al events over 1 quad power, but I cant touch all the events below that, which is were the majority is. because mnot many people are above 1 quad power, so big players cant steal them all, and most of the ones in that range are just going to waste anyways...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2006, 09:09:15 PM »

ok... I'm not even TRYING to find the exact quotes, as some may only have been felt, not actually, stated, but:

"why even bother keep on playing? the top 10 is so huge, and every round they are the same"
proof 1: just look at top 10, and the difference in power.
proof 2: every single player who is always claiming "top 10 for the last 4 rounds"

"E, you keep making to so hard to be in the top 10, like it isn't even worth it to be in top 10 anymore"
proof 1: galaxy encounter setup
proof 2: growth and interest
proof 3: mission system

I say: keep it up, E, your doing great.

what do I mean?
for everyone complaining here:
have you ever thought that maybe that was the POINT? this game is SUPPOSED to be player against player, a struggle to stay in the top 10.  when you can stay so high up, that a SINGLE donation by you to someone who just started, will jump them up to close to top 10, is there REALLY any struggle to keep in top 10?  and you can just simply knock down anyone who attempts to gain up on you, what is the point?  what do you think will turn off more people? having a rought time getting through the game itself, or getting past a player who is 100X bigger then the next person down?  anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, ask how you can win in the space game archspace (www.archspace.net) someone told me already.  you know how? be the first to get the largest ships out there, and knock down anyone else who tries to get up to be a threat (sound familiar?)

my verdict: quit complaining for an easy position that was never supposed to be easy to get and keep in the first place.  you should be ENCOURAGING people to try to get as high as you, not trying to get Emi to give you every advantage.

this is a STRATEGY game for crying out loud.  they don't call CHESS a strategy game if your king is unkillable.  they don't call ANY game for that matter strategy, when you have something nearly invincible.  and yet here is Space Odyssey, a supposed STRATEGY game, where the top 10 has so powerful ships, that about the only thing that can kill them are COMPUTER generated fleets.  oh wait... that's right, the computer generated fleets are themt rying tog et even HIGHER, so I supose that can't really count, can it?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2006, 10:25:17 PM »

oh, and ars, what are you trying to do? get emi to give the top ten EVERY POSSIBLE disadvantige there is? i mean our stashes crumbled, Encounters near impossible to see (5 encounters in 700 turns, were as borg is circuling the galaxy 2 times now, and has near 5k turns from like a few hundred..), and always getting passed up by that guy who donates a few dollers, look i calulated at the rate of witch i upgrade, and grow that it would only take me about 40$ to get up to hellswords level.. (a bit low?)

another 700 turns on the galaxy, i was excited to find 5 misisons, even though 1 was not do-able... emi please make the galaxy equal for everyone..

beaucse i know right now borg has a huge advantage.. he started off with less than 1k turns looked into the galaxy and now gor about 4600 turns, emi why cant i do the same? beacuse in 7 quads i found 5 encounters, were borg says he finds 2-4or5 a quad, make it equal for everone so i have the same possiblty to grow like he dose..

what you have it set up to be now looks like you get top ten, slow down people pass you, then you speed up again, pass them, get top ten, slow down.. there no possible way to hold a top ten spot anymore UNLESS you donate, is this want you want it to come to? make holding a top ten spot only avalbe to thouse whom have a credit card number and 100's of spare $'s??

emi please please please! make the galaxy equal for everone, so i like borg, can actally do missions and get turns.. i think it even got to the point that midnight reserved ships went lower to do turns, do i have to drop out of top ten to get anything done to now??

PLEASE!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:30:03 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2006, 12:31:09 AM »

they are proprotianl to the power base of the people.  that means those in the mid range power where most of the commaders are can find boo coo encounters simply because there level encounters are everywhere.  as we climb the power ladder the # of commaders in that range diminish a great deal thus not as many encounters at that power. as we lowly commanders climb you will see more encoutners in yoiur range

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2006, 03:21:41 AM »

It is fair lamma, as gunfighter pointed out. There aren't enough people near your height right now to give you many encounters. Once people start to catch up, you'll see a lot more.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2006, 12:36:43 PM »

exactly, so quit your whining about having so many disadvantages at the top, and just let some other people catch up for once.  then maybe others can finally see it's not so impossible to get to top 10, and so maybe more people will be interested in actually staying.

and anyone who disagrees with what I said here, go back to my last post, there is my proof, that this is more then likely EXACTLY what E is trying to do.

up until now, it has not been who can really hit the hardest, but who can grow the fastest.  now that E is starting to make a super high #1 spot unpleasant, it should encourage people not to grow a lot faster then everyone else, and thus keeping the playing level fairly equal.  same thing with galaxy missions.  if you are the only one at lvl 100, and the next up is lvl 50, you have only 1 of every missions between 51 and 100, in the entire galaxy.  making it hard for you to go up more, but making it easier for others to catch up, as they would have 2, then 3, then 4, then 5 to look out for.

and so in short, I would say these last few upgrades, all of them (except for royalty limits?) has been geared toward trying to make this game more player vs player to keep top 10, not just a rush to see who can get the highest on their own.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2006, 02:22:09 AM »

monkey, there wont be any chaching up, if you havnt noticed, i DO upgrade, and thats why its not fair.. sure there may be 20 ppl in borgs range but only borg dose the encounters, so what? he gets 20 ppl worth of encounters and i get what? 1/2 a person worth? wtf

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2006, 06:27:05 PM »

again, because Borg 'supposedly' has 20 people to contend with inr ankings, where as you only have 10 or so... and having a max alliance limit of 20 means no more then that should really be 'on the same side' or at least officially anyway.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2006, 09:32:11 PM »

ars68(#1432) encountered the Black Hole, engaging 18.052.545 fleet power.
my total power at the moment of doing it: 2.402.826.374

ya... that black hole event wasn't even 1% my total power, did I miss something?

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2006, 10:55:13 PM »

its a bug you didnt see it as that much power...

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2006, 05:13:31 PM »

you know your right... I saw it as 16 mil power, not 21, even lower.

you were saying?

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2006, 05:22:39 PM »

beats me, i just want to see them, and i mean more than like 10 in 1000 turns sort of thing

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2006, 06:26:35 AM »

Some days I will see maybe 25 encounters while using 1500 turns of which i am able to do about 10 or so, another day i might see 5 using sam number of turns while only 2 or 3 are in my range, compared to before the updates where I saw less but the ones I saw I was able to do all of them.

I forgot what I was typing about, NO DRINKING BEER AND THEM GOING ONLINE, it can be disasterous LoL

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2006, 07:34:42 AM »

Well I have to say from what I have seen this update has done the game as a whole a lot of good.  but I still want my 2%   

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: