Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 09:04:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Encounters update  (Read 35203 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2006, 09:05:13 AM »

ahh now im finding alot of encounters but i can do a single one of them, emi can u plz get rid of the lower limit i agree with the 200% thing but with this 10% lower limit i will never find many encounters that i can actually do
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »

ahh now im finding alot of encounters but i can do a single one of them, emi can u plz get rid of the lower limit i agree with the 200% thing but with this 10% lower limit i will never find many encounters that i can actually do

neither will any1 else of the lower players if every1 steals their encounters 16

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2006, 09:08:27 AM »

i cant c anything under 160 bill power, how often do u find encounters that big?

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 09:08:59 AM »

the Galaxy is still populating, it's at 55%, it should reach 100% in about 30 minute, you should find more then

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 09:09:05 AM »

encounters.. well about the last thing i can do now lol

emi are you postive that NOTHING happened to 1 fleet missions?

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php?topic=1373.0

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2006, 09:11:26 AM »

ok emi ill wait untill after it is full but i still doubt that i will find anyhting within my power range

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2006, 09:16:45 AM »

it's all the power ranges, it spesifically targets all ranges when spawning, so you should find enough.

Lamma, I'm pretty sure nothing was affected to the battle calcs, it may be your ship designs and how they affect spawns? remember that your total fleets cost afftect the fleet cost of the enemy you will encounter... if you send big time on your fleet, so will the enemy.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2006, 09:19:34 AM »

i was talking about the fact that i can onli do encounters that r 10-200% of my size, 95% of hte encounters i did were under 2% of my total fleet power even with the increaced amount of encounters i will harldy find any that i am able 2 do

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »

well the total cost of the fleets i got in both missions were about a 20% level, on 2% missions.. and the sad thing though is that the missions were i lost my lead ship were the the only.. humm no i reamber that swarm one.. were 2 out of 3 missions i got that had only 1 fleet in them, and not only that soppe lost a ship to a 1 fleet mission to.. i know once is a considence.. but 3 times now?

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2006, 09:36:44 AM »

the game jsut dont like u anymore lamma =D

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2006, 09:48:29 AM »

ok emi its been over 30 mins ive been searching for a few quads and i still havent found any enocounters

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »

I've set the lower limit to 5%, and increased the max number some more. They should be working fine now.

PDJ
Private

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2006, 11:57:08 AM »

Thanks Emi for the improvements, and receiving the feedback.

atm it really looks like u get punished for getting to top rank, interrests down  10, workers die 2, no encounters to be found in galaxy anymore yawn and encryption still sucks at 76% E-lvl  wounded1... - what should I say more -

Hey broni, I know you are kind of irritated (I was myself by hitting 648 million swarmers in one fleet  4 and losing half my fleet power worth 3 trill and ~2-3 weeks work in an encounter which was 60% of my power, but well... ) BUT, the encryption level only sucks because it was started too late in the round... and why did that happen? Because someone (actually a group of people) got tired of being "small fry" and forced doomsday into happening (remember people with mothership size 13, and 35 bill power?? confused )

My position is:
Most online RPGs run at a loss
Guess what that's like for a FREE RPG  16
please remember they don't only cost cash in servers, time, hardware, time and software (I know I'm forgetting stuff Emi)... oh, time and dedication)
I spend a heck of a lot of time trying to extract max enjoyment out of this game and I'm damned grateful Emi for the dedication and effort.
If emi has to go offline for any reason (burnout, cash, accident, health, whatever...) we have only gained because of being here. Thanks mate.  rockon

This is not for you broni, but for anyone who feels it fits him/her:
If the changes are too much for you I suggest you quit whining and snarling, turn the computer off and go and watch a movie, read a book, get a date or (if turning the computer off would eliminate your personality rip2) simply:   diablo
1. Make your own RPG, post the url and see if you can keep 100, let alone 10.000 people interested in it
2. Go and play some other online game (miniclip, arcadetown, newgrounds, freeonlinegames, etc.)

Sorry but I'm tired of the relentless attacks. Constructive criticism is one thing, b****ing is another.

Cheers,
PDJ

cheers

17 By the way if you object to the word "*itch***" please consider if your comments fall into this category: if they do, you have no ground for complaint, if they don't please support my "anti whining, snarling, female dog behaviour" campain.  17
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

emi there is no way top 2 people get 70-90 encounters... i jsut looked throguh 3 quadrants found 0 events, and i would look throguh more but i dont feel liek wasting turns... really now the only thing i cna do is put up lots of huge ships costing maybe a quad each in evry system so no oen else can do events either... just set no lower limit... if there are 70-80 the top comamders could do thatd mean abotu 1 in 4 systems would hae one... i got 0 in 30 roughly...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:28:25 PM by Hellsword » Report to moderator   Logged

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2006, 05:07:53 PM »

yeah im seeming to find less myself and i dont even have that kind of high power.. it would be nice if there were at least 2 or 3 per quad, of each power range.that way hells and i could hunt the same quad and get the same amount of encounters just from different ranges... i would very much like to only do galaxy missions and encounters but the way things are i can make more money workers and segs from mothership missions even with the 15 turn BS. oh and im begging you!! change the segs limit on galaxy missions im tired of only getting 50 segs on every mission no matter how high i find one.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 05:14:41 PM by Drackin » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: