Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 05:00:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Encounters update  (Read 35200 times)
PDJ
Private

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 07:58:23 PM »

OK I'm at rank ~30.
Spent >1000 turns exploring all the quadrants in the 2 south rows => Zilch, zero, nothing in the 5 - 100 billion range!!

It used to be possible to have fun and get an advantage by doing the galaxy. The upper limit is a "baby safe" (If you decide to send a 3 mill fleet against a 4 quad fleet it's your kettle of fish) or an attempt at limiting the "combing" for encounters by alts and lower alliance members.

:21:Hey Emi what about changing the system so there's an absolute (not percentual) lower limit, your lower limit equals the Fleet Power of yr rank +10, 20 or 30 ranks depending on the "level" of the commander. And your upper limit could be "Rank +10", restricting/limiting but not eliminating the exploration Item (say I've spent 1000 turns looking for encounters and find one I can't do, should I be able to profit by "selling"/trading or donating the info to a friend or not?) The percentual approach is fine for the average +/- 2 SD commanders but the outliers have serious trouble.

That would give broni et al a chance at some encounters. Meaning that you're not restricting availabilty that badly, whilst maintaining availabilty for the small and middle fish. 21
Cheers Emi,
PDJ
Report to moderator   Logged
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 12:25:25 AM »

well I like that part of not being able to see all the lower encounters. however, there should be a like ratio of encounters at all levels.  IE x encounters avalible per commander per power level based on the average # of commanders in a giveing power level.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 01:59:30 AM »

even i think this is crap, i use all of my turns opn galaxy and if im lucky i will onli find one encounter more then 10% my power every day, now its more then likely that i will never find anything i cna do, i agree that the necounters size nad numbers shuld b increaced by stleast x5 and x10 wuld b better, im not even in the top 10 and i struggle 2 get anything 4

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 04:22:19 AM »

well this encounters system sucks ...

Sir E ... even at the old encounter system I only did find a few max benefit. encounters a day, most where pretty small ones for me with this "upgrade" galaxy becomes virtual useless to me - atm it really looks like u get punished for getting to top rank, interrests down, workers die, no encounters to be found in galaxy anymore and encryption still sucks at 76% E-lvl ... - what should I say more - oh I forgot this stash problem I meanwhile also have so old style missions are impossible for me now 2 ...

so pls tell me what I should do now ... - I can reserve all my fleets ... - ah no I can t due to my stash ... - so only I can do atm is delate my account and maybe start a new one ...

or I go and burn my turns on just training the cdr at 5 turns for 1 exp ... - also useless at cdr lvl 1026 ...

sorry for being ironical ...

w/r bb

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 08:18:39 AM »

I think this is great, no encounters to do, oh well life will go on, but hey at least i didnt cuss and use crude language about it, Get a life guys and just let emi know whats happening instead of the language, or have you forgotten that young kids come in to play this game as well   1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 08:22:05 AM »

are you being sarcastic there?

but broni dose have the right words, it dose really suck.. good job with taking a great update and buring it to the ground with more "updates" to it witch i seem to really consider "downgrades"

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 08:27:07 AM »

I think this is great, no encounters to do, oh well life will go on, but hey at least i didnt cuss and use crude language about it, Get a life guys and just let emi know whats happening instead of the language, or have you forgotten that young kids come in to play this game as well   1

dear darkness, havent u noticed that theyr the biggest kids of em all? i mean, listen to all their whining n crying. its ok to be mad n such, but going bananas is going a lil too far. maybe if they tried to put it in a more mature way, like light n frank, more ppl would listen n care.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 08:28:13 AM »

sry for doubleposting, im on a buggy comp in school 10
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:29:51 AM by Soppe » Report to moderator   Logged

-Winston Churchill
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 08:31:39 AM »

Well the only way Emi will know whether his upgrades are working is if we let him know, but screaming and cussing about them does not help, constructive criticism is a much better way to go, Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will this game get better instantly, I myself am not happy about the update as it makes the galaxy a less viable option to use in this game, and i use the galaxy a lot, with so many players in this game now it will take time for one man to get everything right at first attempt in theory this was a great idea unfortunately it had a negative effect on higher powered players, i'm sure it will be fixed soon  1
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2006, 08:40:43 AM »

It's funny how u try and keep a site safe for kids from profanity being used yet 9 times out of 10 its the kids doing it. Kinda makes u think why bother, let the lil bratts use the language as it just shows they have no respect for others.

I miss the galaxy sob sniff  crybaby. Bring it back Emi.  1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2006, 08:45:53 AM »

Encounter respawn rate increased 5 x times, and max encounters increased by 2 x times

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »

ur experiencing what us lower guys did all the time. u stole our encounters so that we didnt get nuts, did u hear us whine? no, its always been u bigger guys wanting even more. i remember when some1 was saying missions was too hard, and u said "stop whining". uve been whining about almost everything else... hypocrit top 10 bastards...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:52:56 AM by Soppe » Report to moderator   Logged

-Winston Churchill
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2006, 08:59:18 AM »

emi wot about the the encounters u can do, is the 10% of ur power thing still there?

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2006, 09:00:44 AM »

dose that just mean that they jump around even more, and the chances of having one land near you is still little (a little more).. but to what i see at this points its best to stay on one star and wait for it to come to you

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2006, 09:04:30 AM »

increased the max encounters again, after checking the encounters table, the

top 2 commanders have around 50-70 enc available
top 10 -> 200-300
top 100 -> 500
top 200 -> 300
rest, over 8 mil power -> 500
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:06:53 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: