Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 12:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrades Room  (Read 4834 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2007, 12:17:13 AM »

Good and bad news

Good:
- Set several options and ordering in the upgrades room to be able to find any system in one try. I've attached a picture where I am using all the search options to find a suitable system for my power and weigth needs. You do not need to use all the options, but the more you use the more they stack so take care if you enter a system name for example, while also entering weight, energy, etc to make sure you find what you need. Reset search when needed.

Bad:
- Had to take out the counting of the systems because the more systems we have the more impact it will have on the loading speed of the upgrades room, and we want it to load fast. If you want to know the total number of systems / fleets you can check Gold Upgrade / Manage room.

* upgrades.jpg (85.35 KB, 943x685 - viewed 295 times.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:19:55 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:29:03 AM »

Sir emi I would like it if the search would have oh about the same number of digits that the systems can have for energy. that would help a lot more than what you have now.  thanks it is a great upgrade
Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:31:27 AM »

It's okay to put as high number as you want in the min / max search box, no limits, should wok fine now, thank you.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:38:17 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 12:50:34 AM »

Thanks Sir Emi Seems to work fine now
but why did the pages have to go?

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:54:50 AM »

It was counting all the systems in the database whenever you clicked next, and with a growing database that can really slow your loading of the page down. You see it's easier for the system to fetch a result from a given position if you give him the search criteria then to actually count all the results from that range it found...

e.g. You want to see weapons from 1 to 100.000 weight, and you get 75.000 results, it will take 100 x more time to count and see there are 75k results then to actually jump to let's say 50.000 postion in the result and give the next 10 records to 50.010...

For example, Goolgle will chace search data and corelate that with the counted numbers from search engines, so it doesnt actually count all the results on the fly, but taking them from an already counted place where the spiders put the totals, probably counting them just a couple times / day... That's why if I search for "car" it will show me Results 1 - 10 of about 629,000,000 for car, key word is "of about", and from what it looks like it will also round that number 1
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:06:28 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 02:07:33 AM »

ok thanks
I get it now

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 08:08:21 PM »

I've found that when upgrading ships, when you put the systems on, weird things have been happening, like shields going into computer slots, and computers going into special slots.

I use Firefox 2.0

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 11:04:59 PM »

thats when people (usally with lag or slower internet) somehow create a bugged ship, it wont show untill you actally clone it were it will try to correct the design (sometimes removeing parts) its annoying, exp when you upgrade to a hugh upgrade (last round, it was several quad...) and almost do a mission to find out the special with all the hits are gone seconds before you click "attack"

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 11:34:45 PM »

I know that happens, but this is a ship that I made, and in MY Edit/View fleet it was all screwed up. It wasn't a clone.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 11:57:50 PM »

oh, ive seen that happen once.. yah the ship seems to be fine just looks all weirod.. i dont know how it happened, but it did.. my wepon was counted as a 9th sheild..

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 12:15:39 AM »

- Found and fixed the problems with systems out of sync during ship upgrade and those upgrades that installed in wrong slot, that one was happening if you browsed both shield and computer with two separate windows, it did give the proper bonus, but caterory was in wrong place...

- Be advised those that still have problems with the designs, they should be fixed by the scanner on saturday, if you suspect fleets doesnt have enough space / energy for systems on it please check your designs before going to battle on saturday to avoid trouble, thank you.

Thank you all who helped me track it by explaining what went wrong  1
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:19:50 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 12:17:36 AM »

then how did i get a wepon as a sheild a long time agao?.. ugh oh well.. that ships long lost somwere in gold now..

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: