Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 06, 2024, 04:00:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: One Too Many  (Read 18313 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 12:42:23 AM »

no just make sure you dont log on and see the same guys account attacking you 50 times
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 07:58:53 AM »

Lamma, he may have said no more, but he agreed not to do the attacks when he signed up, the ToS are shown before hand and you have to say you agree to them before you can play. Therefor he WAS informed of it, and therefor deserves a ban, and these people deserve their fleets back or compensation in credits.

gamegod
Private

Sorry For My Bad Spelling

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 04:53:43 PM »

well if he is banned will it just be his usernames or his IP address completely

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 12:35:04 AM »

just a quick question, HOW can you be ganged up by several multis?  the second you go into neb, no one cana attack you except for counters, which I defenitely take it is not the case.

and before you say, he uses all of them to neb him, but hold on, nebbing is a loss of 20% total pwoer, not how many attacks you receive, so he could do the exact same number of attacks with 1 account, with what he did with 20.

and if you are going to say save turns, by how much?  it's 5 turns an attack, and 1440 some turns a day, which means with one account, he could attack you almost 300 times in a single day, and I SERIOUSLY doubt the total attack count was anywhere near THAT high.

so I say again, HOW can someone REALLY gang up on you with multis?

the only plausible reason I can think of is to hit you when you go to low, but again, you go into nebula upon losing 20% total power, so can't go to low, and if he just feeding credits into his lower account to attack you, then it is not attacking you to many times that is the problem, but feeding lower power multi's.

--edit: oh, and I checked the TOS just yesterday or so, and I believe it said about nothing as far as using multis to "gang up" on one person.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 12:37:50 AM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 04:19:45 AM »

exp for your ars

i have 4 accounts all of them have ships with over 70 mil marines.. lets say 1 fleet...

my enmiey has 1 big ship with 180 mil marianes.. i use one account waste all my marines kill some of his run out of money then use my second account

he has 110 mil marines left i attack again use all my rescoucse run out of money and move to my 3rd account

i attack again he has 40 mil marines left.. i run out use my 4th account

i attack again 70mil vs 40mil oh look i just took his ship unfairly useing 4 accounts to attack and take stuff.. tell i finally got though to him got it?

gamegod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 09:08:25 AM »

well he hit me with one account and put me into a neb one day, then when i got out he used another to put me into yet another neb, both times he it me and my base +10 times

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 10:48:39 AM »

1: that's not what he is talking about

2: that does not work as long as you have enough credits on hand, as marines will be auto-resupplied

3: the only 'wrong' thing with that is that you are using seperate accounts credits, which then is almost like account farming for marines.

but yes, lammalord, I do see how that could work.  the only other thing is if he attacks 1 account, so he gets on another account, nebs you, then goes to the account attacked and then counters, now that I think of it.
but for what he is saying, being attacked several times, is not either of these really.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
gamegod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »

well either did not happen so it does not matter,

and since a decision has already been made about the topic, shouldn't this thread be locked or something?

ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 07:06:49 PM »

hehehe i recognize that name... i think i slaughtered him a few days ago 1

Scruffy
Private

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 04:09:48 AM »

We had let him into our alliance, and he was attacking our fellow teammates. Anyways that a good way of finding out if the booting a alliance member button works. I don't highly recommend him for your alliances. Darn hindsight.
gamegod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 08:50:06 PM »

yeah well he hit me with one of his accounts again, just one account though, and i am sick of having this guy steal segments from me and everyones else i know.

So i am calling for an all out offensive against all of his accounts, razgriz, razgriz2, razgriz3, and razgrizblaze or something like that.  i am asking that if anyone sees that any of his accounts are out of a neb and hitable, please smash him with all you have.  i want to see his accounts in a neb at all hours of the day, every day of the week.

he has bullied SO players for long enough!

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 02:45:30 AM »

Ars, for your benifit, and others, I shall quote the parts of ToS that show ganging up is against the rules, and repeat the sentences that say so below, outside the quote

Fair play    
        Players who are trying to manipulate the rules and/or use loopholes in them can be deleted from the game. Before taking a decision each case will be looked at separately by the Space Odyssey team.    

Playing fairly and Honestly    
        Space Odyssey upholds high standards of moral behavior. Any player who has been caught manipulating bugs in the game or has been cheating in any other way will be deleted from the game immediately. Using vulgar words towards other players can also lead to deletion.    

Limitations    
        (I) The maximum amounts of accounts per person
   You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in orther to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources    

(II) It is forbidden to take other players names, e.g. "The One -> The One1", and pretend you are them, which may damage their reputation in the game.
Players who are trying to manipulate the rules and/or use loopholes in them can be deleted from the game.
Any player who has been caught manipulating bugs in the game or has been cheating in any other way will be deleted from the game immediately.
You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.

The key sentence is the last on I posted, as it is impossible to gang up on someone without benifitting one signle account, your main one or a secondary one.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 02:51:15 AM »

Here's a question, what if someone hits a bunch of your alts, is it okay to use each of your alts counters?

Because, I mean, each alt would have an IC reason to hit that person.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 02:53:16 AM »

yes, that's fine. "Ganging up" means using all your accounts to attack one person, not their multis.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 02:55:13 AM »

I meant one account, the account that made all those attacks against each of your alts.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: