Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 11, 2024, 11:45:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fixes and scheduled new stuff  (Read 13989 times)
Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 06:07:58 PM »

yeah thats why he tests it first.. but i think it will need tweeking at first like everything ellse new when you first add it to the game there are so many different playing styles in this game that there is no way for emi to test all the possibilities... although a test server or maybe letting a couple select peoplehe trusts log onto his local server to help test the new additions would be a wise idea.. i know when ultima online first came out everyone started makeing their own maps and opening free servers... i made one myself and let some friends from the server i played log onto my local server and play the test version that i was working on and give suggestion or help me make alterations.. it can really come in handy and speed things up to have a regular player or 2 log onto his local test server and try it out first hand and give their opinions thgat way once implemented it wont need nearly the tweeking and will keep the unballance to a minimum..
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 06:22:09 PM »

it would have to be seperate from the game though, as those people would get unfair benifits. I've been think about stopping playing, so i would gladly agree to test these things for Sir Emi and help out more with the game in any other ways.

Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 01:31:07 PM »

yeah luffy its seperate its been seperate for a long time thats how you implrove a working game... you make the implrovements to your own test server then when your ready you just add it to the full server that we all play.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 01:38:48 PM »

i think I'd rather LIVE in the test server then this place. Not fun anymore, just donate and you get right by or in the top ten easily. It's a "whose wallet is bigger" game now.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »

Monkey, it's not like that at all, and you can't write that after 2 months or more of not playing... aside from the fact that is completely not true.

I'm sure we can arrange for you and others to test the new stuff if you want, there is already a test server, and has been for some time now, but please re-think your statements before you upset someone.

Thank you

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 02:14:08 PM »

Sir emi, first, it was a month, second, I have several friends who play and have been listening to what you added and stuff, and third, I've gone through and looked at everything that has changed in my absence. I'm not saying the game doesn't look great, cause it does. I'm saying that donating is, while very helpful to you, being over used and is killing the game for many. Why waste 5 hours getting somewhere when $5 will do it for you in an instant? I get you need the fdonations, I respect that and honor it, and if I could, I'd donate for free to help you out. But this game isn't what it use to be either. This round hasn't been going on too long, and the top ten is at powers that before would have taken 3-4 months to reach! I admit, yes I've been gone, but I wouldn't say these things unless there was some facts to them. Yes, you need to do some work after donating, and yes, it still isn't easy, but it's easier then it should be or was, that's what I'm implying.

I mean no disrespect Sir Emi, and I would still help you test your new add ons and help monior the forum for you if I were to quit playing the game itself. It's just, the game seems to be lossing that spark it had when I first played that made it so unique, that's all.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:32 PM »

monkey the top 10 isnt this high because of donating, i havent donated a penny, and ive only received a few doantions form others, its this high because early in the round people alt-scouted BHs in the galaxy to give free turns to there main... broni would be alot lower but me lamma nd light would be in the same area were in now... but yes donations really have ruined the game its pointless to work for anyhting because som1 just drops 100 bucks on the games and goes from 1/6 your power to 6x oyur power in a few hours... donation for turns is real messed up.

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 04:15:17 PM »

I didn't say ALL of the top ten, I said donations has made it pointless to try to get to it, because only really good commanders and donaters have a shot.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 06:00:04 PM »

then instead of tryingn to tone down the donating side, why not tune up the ability to grow?  as in, the mission multiplier I suggested a while ago...

I mean, it's just a difference in how fast you cang row regular play, and donating.  if you bring down how much you can grow donating, like you've been saying, it would help.  but would not bringing up how quickly you can grow normally also help somewhat? 

I mean, there are ways to make it where you don't HAVE to sit there for hours on end, like every other game out there.  I've even been thinking of leaving myself more then once, for the simple fact that this is beginning to be just like all the others, which is, to be really succesful, you either have to:
1: spend hours upon hours a day building it
2: spend money
but not everyone HAS hours upon hours a day to build up an account, nor the money to spend.  and if you don't think it is 'hours and hours' just ask anyone who has sit through doing (literally) hundreds of missions, almost daily.
if I had hours upon hours, I'd probably rather go to a game that is real time, not using turns, just flat out time.

I mean, isn't that the POINT in using turns? that you can do it all at once, instead of being there for hours?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »

true ars, very true.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: