Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 06, 2024, 02:21:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: a daft idea  (Read 7080 times)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »

Sir Emi, will there ever be another SOserver ). Cos I might have an idea for it. Here it goes (this may sound absolutely daft, but...)

Ten years on from the discovery of the galaxy of WARS server. Humanity has encoutered its most serious threat :coded The ACE(Agressive cybernetic entity), a cybernetic race driven by war, creaitng armies by reaping genetic code from organic liveforms, twisting and remodding it, and creating clones with cybernetic implants.But unlike the borg, they are concious of themselves. And carry bloody big guns. First human attempt to defend failed miserably- the ACE ripped through the defence using huge armies, which even the best commander couldn't hold off. Threatened witg extinction, humans put aside their differences and united against the attackers. In a desperate last stand, humans have created the most advanced base, bigger than many planets together. It housed  millions weapon systems, but most importantly, the god's fist. It was a weapon of such scope that it can annihilate solar systems with a single blast. The ACE defeat at the Dss Defiance(deep space station defiance)was the turing point. Now united, humans mounted a vigorous couter assault.Nevertheless, the war lasted for yers.At one point, victory was at hand for humans. But the ACE have learned of the weapon design, and built their ownlstation, The Nexus Cytadel. Now it was their turn to escape the from brink of oblideration and slaughter the attackers. By now both sides exhausted so much resources that none had enough for one more shot from the ultite weapon. Now the war has entered its final phase- both sides raced to recover resources to fire and obliderate the enemy.A new dawn has risen : the dawn of vicory 1. 1. 1.(no exclamation marks workingo keyboard lol)

1) The player chooses to play either for human race or the ACE. Commanders from same team cannot attack each other. And max 3 alts allowed.
2)From the very begginning, each race has a base system- hq. it has 10 trill attack at 99% acc and a quad of health (coninue)
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »

(continue)(sorry, exceeded limits of PDA writing bord) shields. It is lvl 12 cloaked, and provides 50% bonuses to attack/hp.
3) The players must gather a rare resource called PUC (proto-uranic compound). It is found mainly in missions, but sometimes can be mined, or replicated. But1. The players can get it from pvp: ACE use it to power their ships, and ACE get it by converting biomaterial (read:corpses). Exact amount needed i dunno yet, but a lot. 1 per 10 million fp i suppose is fair. It can be received from mission fleets, but not from reavers.
3) The round ends when either on side makes enough PUC, or destroys the other's base.
4) by submitting the puc to the base, u get either money or cp. lets make pvping profitable 1 1 puc = 25 million cr. or 5 cp. If you board an enemy ship, and capture it, u get half its cost in puc.
5)Instead of alliances, there will be raiding parties. They can have a storehouse in the base that is accessible to all its members, where u can have items, minerals and a limited ammount of creds. So that people won't use alts to finance one account, there will be a max number of creds one can withdraw. This is mostly to help newbs. Also , the leader can make one fleet to be available for use by others for a number of hours. strong leader=good 1
Stations begin with lvl 1 cloak. Oh,yeah, when someone launches an attack on the hq, he can group with up to 2 more players. he selects the wait for party option in attack menu, then the timer for 1 minute will start. if someone else attacks base, he joins the party, but he gets as much damage done on him as the first guy, and station attacks all fleets first.
6) stations are stronger -100b attack and 500b hp at 50% acc and shields.But players can drop intel, wich creates a demolition mission. You have to have scanners to match cloaks to make a contract. it shows scanner lvl on contract.
7)Territory. When cleared out reavers, players can pay the council (or nexus command) to build an outpost. it will claim territory for the faction. outpost is

AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »

stronger than a station- 100b attack ,1tr. hp, 99%acc 80%abs. like stations will give bonuses,by the requesor, but will not enter combat. it will cost more minerals and will cost money than a station. starts with 1cloak. 1 outpost per person can be requisitioned, and they can't be upgraded. When an intel is put on the outpost, a mission is also created. a party of 2 may attack the outpost.
8)Misc.The Weapon seems to have had a side effect on the galaxy. long range warp travel became impossible.so now people have to travel through a couple of systems to reach a destination. So, i suppose a mouse over of stars should be implemented. And which gives another role to outposts- garrion/support guarding players.
Also, if a payer is attacked,and he has puc o board his mothership, he will lose some.

OK, i think i have not left out anything. Daft, but who knows.....

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 07:19:44 PM »

Hmmm
That would be pretty sweet.  wow
You obviously put a lot of thought into it.  1

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 07:47:30 PM »

this would vastly improve PvP as it woulds be A vs B, but would it be round based or forever like wars

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »

3) The players must gather a rare resource called PUC (proto-uranic compound). It is found mainly in missions, but sometimes can be mined, or replicated. But1. The players can get it from pvp: ACE use it to power their ships, and ACE get it by converting biomaterial (read:corpses). Exact amount needed i dunno yet, but a lot. 1 per 10 million fp i suppose is fair. It can be received from mission fleets, but not from reavers.
3) The round ends when either on side makes enough PUC, or destroys the other's base.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »

Yay great idea can't wait for it 1

Is it the leader who would research the base cloaking or is it a team effort?

AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 04:28:32 AM »

Round based- until one base destroyed, or enough resources are piled.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »

Missions would have to have similar styled payoffs in main server - do it like wars and these rounds will take years.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 02:14:13 AM »

The way I'm reading it is you will essentially have 2 lagre alliances owned by the server one for each side with no one as the leader (or people can vote for a leader from anyone who is on his side which might be even better then you can have 1 person direct the galaxy research for his side) and thats fine it's kind of like RvR on other non webbased games. If Emi decides to do something like this he will have to make it so that there is a limit to the different amount of commanders on each side like maybe make it so that if one side has 60% of the commanders no one can join it until the other side picks up some more so that it doesn't end up way onesided not based on power but number of commanders. As for lenth of each round you can have it end one of 2 ways one side does what AFB said and dominates the galaxy or the time limit runs out and the side that is most powerful wins in a set amount of time say maybe 6 months so if it's getting close to the end people will really push trying to get their side to be the winners it could make for some very intense PvP at the end of each round. I would say have the growth about the same as on the SO server maybe just a little slower. I think it would be a fun server but I don't know about how much time Emi would have to set something like this up.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 05:33:48 AM »

I was also thinkning of allowing players swap sides in the first day of round.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »

About growth... well, yea, no point making it slow aka WARS. Since i was thinking the reward for the low missions to be the PUC material, the start will be fast enough. And i think i'll go bak on what i said, and change cost of it to 5 000 000 per unit. 1-5units for each mission level will be plenty. Plus, since it is also gotten from battles, missions won't have to be grinded. Also, i think thehq hp should be increased to  20quad, as people kinda grow fast. And maybe have a random comet that brings random amount of puc to a random system.... randomly 1 And have a news event when it happens, e.g :''Nexus cytadel scanners have picked up traces of raw PUC in system ---------. Intercept and secure the resources.'' This will make for some hilarious scraps over the potential money source, and since raiding parties have a common storehouse, they can share the profit between th guarding players and miners. Also, only evasive manouvres can be executed in these systems.

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 01:11:46 AM »

Changing sides at start of round will be fine but I think 7 days so that everyone will have a chance to switch if they want some just can't get on in the first few days.
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »

Awesome idea, it wouldn't be to long and it would add an interesting twist to the game, hope emi can make some time for this.

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »

Nice idea -

Two alliances, alliance shared resources and victory conditions based on collecting material and through PvP action - pretty solid concept.

Maybe I read it wrong, but looks like the material (PUC) is only required to be carried on the ACE ships?  Makes more sense for all ship building to require it, so when you build ships you deplete the material thats stored. 

Also, you could have it being recovered from salvage after a successful attack rather than being required to capture the ships - means its a unit of success from any attack - less random.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:09:15 PM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: