Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 05:37:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should we implement a loan program?
No
Yes
Only if I get 0% interest for a month!
Whatever
That'd be just spiff

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Survey Says.......  (Read 6736 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »

I think we should make some sort of loan system. You can use it when you are in a crisis, but you get carged a certain amount of interest (The longer you take to pay, the more you pay), and the higher it gets, the more you drop in power (When you first withdraw, you are even, then once a day passes, your power starts to drop at a set interval, depending on how much you withdrew.)

What do you guys think?
Report to moderator   Logged

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 04:33:18 PM »

Sounds good to me, so long as there is a cap on the loan limit.

However, what if someone takes out a huge loan, hands the money off to an alt/friend/alliance member, then never returns to pay it?  A whole lot of problems could arise with people making alts, taking loans, then handing off the credits to their main accounts, thereby effectively gaining free credits.

All-in-all, it sounds like a good idea, but we'd need to refine it and iron out the loopholes before we do anything.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 05:50:55 PM »

yes...   the other thing is, what if you take out a huge loanright before DDay, one you couldn't possibly actually pay back, use that to take #1 spot, then DDay comes, what happens?  is your debt re-paid in full since DDay happened, basically giving you the round, or does your debt stay with you?  then you may as well start a new account because there would be no way to get anywhere anytime soon.  also, what if this makes you go bankrupt, then you can't do a thing except restart.  maybe it will begin to drain everything, and it automatically pays itself off if you end up losing 2/3 of everything you DID have, workers, stash, items, cash on hand, etc...  also, when DDay comes in, final scores are subtracted due to unpayed debts, that may be good.  and no new loans in DDay either.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 09:19:20 PM »

When D-Day comes around, the loan button would disapear, just like the button for D-Day does. Thus preventing the illegal use of the loaning system there. And we could make them bonds instead of credits and make them where they can't be transfered and allow the ships to be bought with them.

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 09:24:28 PM »

Yeah that will help close some of the possible loopholes which could arise from a loan program.

Perhaps we could have some sort of bank council who would approve/deny a loan application. Then again, people could be corrupt and approve loans only for friends/allies.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 03:37:50 PM by Charlemagne » Report to moderator   Logged

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 10:14:55 PM »

Nah, I say it is either Sir Emi doing that or it just approves of them, but you can only withdraw a certain amount depending on your power.

jebus767
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 10:16:36 PM »

I keep hearing people talking about giving money to alts and allies. I thought you couldn't transfer credits.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 10:23:35 PM »

You can if you use the market, using the one you are transfering to buying a set amount of an item at the lowest cost, then transfering account bus it back at max. Gold can do this forever, but regular can nly do it twice.

mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 11:59:13 PM »

Lets just leave well enough alone, Emi has his hands full as it is..no need to get overly complicated.

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 03:22:24 AM »

You could make a loan system, but then you would have to make it like in real life.
So when you want to get a loan you will first have to proove that you will be able to pay it back. So you will have to say(not necesseraly say because the system will calculate it for you) how many workers, credits, ships in reserve and stuff you have so you will be able to proove you can pay it back. Like in real life the bank will want to know what you earn monthly from your work, what you own (like a house and stuff). When that is settled then you can get the loan and every day you will have to pay back a certain amount off it depending on how long your loan lasts. Like you could choose to loan for a house on a term off 10, 20, 30 or maybe even 40 years in real life.
If you do not pay you're loan back on time then you will be punished. It starts with a warning and a fine  and eventualy you're stuff might be confiscated by a bailiff, like in real life.
If you would ever want to implement any such things then I think this is how it should be done. Allthough I don't think it would be a very good idea to make any loaning system at all.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 03:24:45 AM by ronald » Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 07:29:51 AM »

That sounds good. You enter how many workers and biofarms you have, it tells you the max loan you can have. And you can't have the loan payments last longer then two weeks to a month, and if D-Day activeates (not starts a countdown) you have to pay the rest up front, and if you can't you go in debt and can't buy ships until you are out.

And we don't mean put it in now mrtimbr, this is just for later, we're ironing out the details, and if Sir Emi likes it, when he gets time/wants to, he can put it in.

BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 09:15:19 AM »

I thik the loan idea is a good one, at least as you have to pay more back, i mean let's say 1,2,3% ;)

Beter alive then dead ;)

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 09:24:29 AM »

I say the only loan system that should be allowed is from the alliance pool. and only the alliance leader can give that and payment to the alliance kitty should be a % from all missions to be set buy the leader and donations fromt the membership. that way if a loan is given extra comes out of your mission assets

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 09:27:47 AM »

And if you don't like to play in a Aliance? I still sasy you should be able to witraw a loan in the game, let's say something like an SO Loan Bank 13

Beter alive then dead ;)

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 09:35:25 AM »

Gunfighter, your idea would work well, it's WAY too complicated. We're trying to make this already complicated thing as simple as possible, that would involve too much.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: