Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 23, 2024, 10:57:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DEFENSE DOES NOT WORK  (Read 4143 times)
Remfer
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:43:04 PM »

Ok, so i attack this guy, and i have about 1.000.000 defense total right?  anyway, so i attack, destroy 62 of their ships, and it sais they do 100 damage to me and destroyed all 100?  why didn't the defense work?
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:42:12 PM »

we nee to see the logs remfer.

Smee
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 02:33:23 AM »

DITTO

SMEE  12
Remfer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:13:45 AM »

From view logs?  Or from the battle?  if from battle i'd need to waste another 100 ships (16 million) in order to prove it
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 08:58:50 AM »

if it says it did 100 damage, it means that it really did 1000100 damage. When damage shows up, ur defense have already done its job... and it did much more then 100 too, cause i take it ur ships got 1 hp each or something since 100 damage killed all ur 100 ships? its just that if it does more damage then what ur ships can take, it wont show as the damage shown doesnt exeed (dunno how its spelled) the hp of ur ships.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
ZeroStriker
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 12:16:51 AM »

defence not really based on defence, really depends on total attack and total defence you have, cus 11m defence brings my 3b attack to like 70m.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 12:20:19 PM »

zero, not to be rude, but shut up, you have no idea what you are talking about. defence is not calculated anything like that. Stupid noobs thinking they know everything.

Remfer, by logs we mean the data from the battle, meanign your ships stats, their ships stats, and then the actual fighting itself.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 05:48:30 PM »

Hm, maybe we should have a warning somewhere about that penalty when using multiple weapons, every weapon you install brings a -1% penalty to total attack of the fleet, maybe that's why ZeroStrike had the attack lowered.

Defence has no effect on the attack of the fleet it has been isntalled on, it is for battle and acts like a buffer that needs to be penetrated in order for any damage to reach the armor. It's very good for mono fleets to defend against multiple fleet attacks, as each enemy fleet has to penetrate the defence. If you would have only hitpoints, the enemy fleets could damage the armor one by one if you have a big ship, and eventually destroy it...

Remfer
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 11:56:08 PM »

ok...i didn't think that would happen since the enemy ships i thought didn't have that much attack but that would explain it if it only says how much damage is done to the HP and not to the defense
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »

Defense works like close in weaons systems and point defense.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: