Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 08:00:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient Commander mission bug?  (Read 2166 times)
Darth Alvarez
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2008, 03:48:33 PM »

I move to this system: Arneb - Alpha Sculptor 437,947, I see that there is a mission and I try to accomplish it.

"Ancient Commander - Mission Power: 3.000.001"

"We're picking up a distress signal from a shuttle in the nearby system! It appears to be Admiral Lothar, the last of the Orions!"

I start the mission just fine, then I reach this point:

"Aha! We've managed to lure the aliens towards the bait ship. Now we have them were we want them!"

"Option 1: Surround the Aliens and close the circle on them. Then, fire at will and destroy them all!"

"Surround them and surprise attack! (25 turns)"

"Option 2: No time! Attack now with all we got before they get the shuttle!"

I don't remember how many turns it was. I just know that it didn't work - Failed.

I return to Option 1. I click on it, and it says "Missed! They found out our plans! We waited too long." I go back and click on it again. I kept doing this and all that happened was that I lost turns. The mission doesn't end even after I click ""Surround them and surprise attack! (25 turns)" immediately after.

What's going on here? It's not cool that I can't finish the mission nor is it cool to have lost so many turns.
Report to moderator   Logged
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »

Here is the deal:

These missions once had "double fails". So in reality you could do a mission and fail twice.
Many were concern about this, since having a double fail would mean you waste a lot of turns for nothing.
So Emi changed it. It changed many of the missions and removed the double fails.

However,

I have noticed that although he changed the double fails, he decreased the chance for a particular option to be successful. So in your particular case:

Originally it would have been a double fail. This time, you will have the choice of clicking on option 1 until it is successful. The problem is that Emi removed the double fail for these two options but made the likely hood of success quite low.

I have noticed this with a lot of different missions. I have done experiments in time loops, ancient commander and others where I literally can lose hundereds and hundreds of turns over trying to get an option to be successful.

Oh by the way, with the ancient commander mission, the experience they give you is very pitiful. ALWAYS chose the FIRST left option when you play this mission. It will give you 250 segs.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »

Interactive missions are quests. You get rewards for your problem solving skills. It involves real thinking not just clicking randomly. Make sure you read the mission text, the answer may be in there. It's not wise to click the same option again and again if you see it fails.

Just try different options and learn from the mistakes.
You can also use a notebook to note the steps that give better rewards and you will do better on the next mission.

More missions on the works.

If you want to help make new missions, check this out:
http://wiki.spaceo.net/index.php/Guide:Mission:Creator

God Speed!

Wiley Space Cadet2
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »

Emi, i think the problem they are having is they clicked on option and failed it so they were stuck with the other option and it has a very low success chance, i have found this in the time loop myself, i forget the exact step but it can easily burn a couple hundred turns
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: