Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 20, 2024, 04:22:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seither out of hand  (Read 23885 times)
Remfer
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 08:23:46 PM »

wow, i missed a lot the past few days....16 if it was me, you wouldn't have been muted probably...if it continued i'd probably use the delete function but it wasn't me so i am not responsible for monkey's actions 16
Report to moderator   Logged
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 08:39:55 PM »

Well, I guess I have a different tolerance level for what is said, many words that are being called 'vulgar' are part of some pplz everyday language.

And as for the argument that some ppl are too young and havent been exposed to this kind of language seems like 1 person trying to convince themself of that, if they havent been exposed to it on television or in their schools or everyday life by now they must be Amish and therefor shouldnt be using a computer and gaining access to the internet.

My name is Silverthorne........ I think

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 12:13:07 AM »

For those accusing m of abusing my power: This topic is still here is i not? Check who the mderators for this area are. Me and Sir Emi. Wow IMAGINE that.

Secondly, as ars pointed out, this is suppose to be a FAMILY friendly site, not an adult bar. Therefore there has to be a line drawn.

But you know what, just forget the ToS, why don't we let davey boy put his picture of a naked girl as his avatar in the game again? If people should be allowed to cuss the onbscene way they do here, there's no reason he shouldn't be allowed tohave that as his avatar. There's no difference, AND he's in the top ten, so he should get EXTRA privilages.

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 01:29:36 AM »

your taking what emi said and twisting it around. i'm pretty sure he meant cuz the ones in the top ten r on post of the time and they go through alot of frustration in the game by trying to keep there top spots. so they tend to loss there temper some times. not that they need to be treated better.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 02:00:57 AM »

things were said, mistakes were made, but all the assigning blame and making excuses - isn't that lawyer behaviour? i'm not taking sides here, just don't lets not let this blow up into a huge dramatic production. i can see people are getting really upset and it is just time everyone take a step back and breath deep. tomato

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 02:20:19 AM »

no wolfy, what he said was the top ten should be given special treatment for making it up that high. Davey boy has been a top ten, but he received no special treatment when I reported the picture, no, he lost 50% of his workers in his secret base. And i found out later that he didn't now the picture violated ToS. He was the #2 commander when that happened. yet he was not given any differenttreatment then any other commanders. But now emi claims all top ten should be given special treatment. I think that they should be given LESS leway, as they are the best of the best, and a lot of people look up to them. They shouldn't be allowed to just break the Tos willy nilly and not be punished.

and don't make me laugh, getting to the top ten is a MILLION times harder then maintaining it. If anyone should be given extra cussign privilages, it's everyone ranks 30 and below.

And lost, I'm not stepping down now. I would have earlier, but then peope had to start IMing me and sending me emials calling me some very vulgar things. I don't know who they are (the emails are like whoreman1264554@yahoo.com, ect. basically one people set up in like, 2 minutes).

And I understand my actions were a little extreme, but to blantly say that I was abusing my powers, i never did anything until now because I wanted to get back at you for our forum arguements, I'm not petty,I could careless about forum arguements. unlike you, I'm not petty enough to hold a grudge over stupid stuff like that, I do however, hold grudges against people who accuse me of CHEATING, and of not even playing anymore when I'm on more then them.

And the funny thing is, most of the IMs/emails I get say they are either alliance members of wolfy's or good friends of his.

So I made a mistake, get over it, so did you. Oh that's right, your the great wolfym we sould all bow to your feet because you're in the top ten, I forgot.

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 02:38:17 AM »

lol me hold grudges. if that was the case we would have been at war long ago. to compare what we were muted for to a nude pic is very petty of u. i do love to see u try to worm your way out of things. but some people don't have the mental compacity to do that. i bet some of the people that sent u them mails have never talked to me before. they just say oh it's monkey. he makes everyone mad so lets go mess with him. believe me half of my friends in the game probably don't agree with me on this. but i'm still going to speak my mind. oh yeah u don't know how to do that seeing how u always say one thing then come back to say something else. i almost forgot u don't know who u r. so if i was u i would buy a better memory so u can remember what u said in the past as not to contridict your self. BTW is the one long post blended together hurting your eyes yet monkey(hope so). yes i remember all. the post wars from before is fresh in my mind as if they were yesterday. playing 4-10 hours a day to keep top ten is alot harder tham making it there. lots make it there but then the next day they're no where in sights. but to play them hours for over a month straight is alot harder than making it to top ten. just ask around and take a poll on how many people that made it to top ten compared to the ones that stayed there and u will see. yet another thing u know nothing about and me a newb has to school u. how pathetic that must be.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 02:50:57 AM »

wolfy, for once in your life, stfu. Im not comparing wat you were muted forto the nude picture, I'm comparing to vulgar types of ToS vilation to one another. Secondly, I do speak my mind, you just don't see to grap that people can change their mind. What are you, 12? Resolving yourself t petty insults. and I didn't say those people did know you wolfy I'm saying they CLAIM to I actually RESPECT other commanders enough to want them to know when people talking trash clam to know them/be them. i may not like the way you act, but that doesn't mean Idon' respect what you have accomplished. Maybe it's time you grow up a little man, it's sad that I'm 17 and can act more mature then you, unless of course, you actually or 12, then that would explain a lot. i don' need to school" anyone in agam or on a forum. why? Because this placeis just a bunch of words and pictures, in all actuality, it doesn't exist, just data.

So maybe you should stop slandering other players, and jus ply the game, honsty, it's better image. Because as you said yourself, I'm just some stupid little f**k who knows nothing, right? So one uping me is just pathetic really.

Smee
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 03:22:51 AM »

ok my 2 cents muahah lol

we all now wolfy is an idiot so get over it everyone lol weither siether did or didnt over step the bouderies isnt my job to say its emi. emi has made his statement about the situation so get over it and take it on to the battlefield for anything else beyond that.

i dont care if ur top 10 or ranked deadlast in my opinion we are all to be held with the highest respect, becouse A) we actually dont reall know each other B) this is a game we all want to play "most of the time". we have alll accomplished individual goals through out our lifetimes here watever they may be. but in the end we all follow the rules that have been provided for use that are set to make this game joyable to play.

smee

if i forgot something im sure ill add more lol
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »

who started the insulting on this forum unless u went back and modified the post u made. scroll up and see that u started it monkey. you're the one that acts like a kid. i know who i am and therefore i say the same thing over and over no changing things to contridict myself. cuz i know who i am and what i beleive. u can't say the same. is that what makes u so mad. r u jealous that your not grown up yet. seems every kid tries to act grown up and can't wait to grow up. it takes alot more than trying to act the part. as for smee i was taking it too the battle field but monkey wanted to have it all come out here. so talk to your boy. r better yet now that it's your boy doing it and not me. go ahead and act like him by contridicting yourself. ya'll have nothing to loss by posting on here. while i have alot to loss while posting on here. yet i still do it. so saids alot more for me then ya'll.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »

Whoa - hey , people. i know you're both (basically) decent gays erm i mean GUYS  angel_not  you are both good GUYS, but now your just insulting each other and neither of you really deserves it. harsh. please please please both of you. tomato if you just leave this alone for 96 hours and come back and then you'll just see this and be like oh that , thats nuthin'. and Mr. Seither those cowards sending anon. insults are just cowards taking advantage to try and incite more trouble  and bad blood so don't give them the satisfaction and just iggy them.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 04:56:39 PM »

Look... you all are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  This started out as a minor issue/disagreement and now it has been blown out of proportion by those involved.  Perhaps an effort to return to the root issue would be a good thing.

Now, as for the swearing bit.  I myself swear a LOT (ask Monkey if you need to)... in fact, a lot more than is necessary.  HOWEVER, there IS a time and place for it.  Can you say that you swear in front of young children?  Or your grandparents?  Of course most people don't, because they realize that a certain amount of RESPECT is needed.  In-game chat NEEDS to be treated the exact same way, because there is no telling who is on the other side reading that vulgar language and what kind of effect it will have on them.  And while I agree that chat "Nazism" is perhaps unnecessary, one must understand that different words have different meanings in other places/times.  For example, 10 years ago, the worst insult you could give to someone was calling them a goof.  Nowadays most people see it in a much less negative light.  While you may cuzz all you like where you live and nobody there has a problem with it, someone who lives in another part of the world may have a huge problem with that one word you use.  I'm not trying to tell you that you can't swear or anything, just that when in the presence of other players, some restraint is in order.

This should not have digressed to the point that it did.  Monkey did what Emi had originally told him to do.  Plain and simple.  However, perhaps we should see about revising the Terms of Service if the filters are to be relaxed instead of bickering with each other over who said what.  Like, seriously guys, ad hominem arguments are completely pointless and only serve to get people's backs up.  So lay off each other, would ya?

Finally, wolfy... Monkey didn't start it, YOU did, as you can see here...

but some people don't have the mental compacity to do that.

so if i was u i would buy a better memory so u can remember what u said in the past as not to contridict your self.

yet another thing u know nothing about and me a newb has to school u. how pathetic that must be.

And yes, I did check all of Monkey's posts... he hasn't edited any of them.  Who's contradicting themselves now?

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 05:20:01 PM »

If this was my forum it would have gotten a lock before this crap started, none of this crap serves the purpose of this topic and is therefor spam and should not be continead

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 05:59:16 PM »

no wolfy, what he said was the top ten should be given special treatment for making it up that high. Davey boy has been a top ten, but he received no special treatment when I reported the picture, no, he lost 50% of his workers in his secret base. And i found out later that he didn't now the picture violated ToS. He was the #2 commander when that happened. yet he was not given any differenttreatment then any other commanders. But now emi claims all top ten should be given special treatment. I think that they should be given LESS leway, as they are the best of the best, and a lot of people look up to them. They shouldn't be allowed to just break the Tos willy nilly and not be punished.

and don't make me laugh, getting to the top ten is a MILLION times harder then maintaining it. If anyone should be given extra cussign privilages, it's everyone ranks 30 and below.

And lost, I'm not stepping down now. I would have earlier, but then peope had to start IMing me and sending me emials calling me some very vulgar things. I don't know who they are (the emails are like whoreman1264554@yahoo.com, ect. basically one people set up in like, 2 minutes).

And I understand my actions were a little extreme, but to blantly say that I was abusing my powers, i never did anything until now because I wanted to get back at you for our forum arguements, I'm not petty,I could careless about forum arguements. unlike you, I'm not petty enough to hold a grudge over stupid stuff like that, I do however, hold grudges against people who accuse me of CHEATING, and of not even playing anymore when I'm on more then them.

And the funny thing is, most of the IMs/emails I get say they are either alliance members of wolfy's or good friends of his.

So I made a mistake, get over it, so did you. Oh that's right, your the great wolfym we sould all bow to your feet because you're in the top ten, I forgot.

that was made by monkey before i said anything about the mental compacity. just like me. he never included anyones name on the insult. when he called someone petty for holding petty grudges. but my name is the only one mentioned in the post just like his name was the only one mentioned in my post. to say i started it is to say he started it. cuz no names were ever mentioned. once again Charlemagne doesn't read post well and u just want to defend people. as long as it's against wolfy then your all for it. but bring it on i can go against 3 people at once. on second thought get 5 more people on ya'lls side to post against me. maybe then it would be even. aslong as u don't get argus cuz he's mean. he may make me cry 1.
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »

I'm not taking Monkey's side because he's opposed to you, wolfy.  You're right, I missed the one comment about pettiness... but instead of ignoring it and ending it there, you had to take it a step further.  And then of course Monkey would take it to the next level because he's got different ideas than you.  But seriously... reread the earlier post I made and let's all stop this, because it's gone waaaay farther than it needed to.  Ok?

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: