Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 17, 2024, 09:20:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Updates  (Read 10028 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 07:14:14 AM »

yes, the maxes of ALL missions should max out equally, it makes no sense having one mission type max at X but another at Y.
Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 07:49:21 AM »

i may not get much support here but at the interactives take more turns then they probably should have higher max lvls

but they should definetly be atleast equal
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:51:25 AM by Spayed » Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 08:05:03 AM »

What emi really need is more staff to make changes and additions. He can't put space o, sea o and hacker all on his shoulders. I mean having the interactive mission max equally shouldn't be too hard right?
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 10:28:35 AM »

What emi really need is more staff to make changes and additions. He can't put space o, sea o and hacker all on his shoulders. I mean having the interactive mission max equally shouldn't be too hard right?

We've suggested he bring some people onboard before, but he seems reluctant to do so. not sure why though.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 02:40:35 PM »

well the best thing we can do is get a crapload of people to post here.. so just keep it up.. maybe he will see it.. things need some change round these here parts

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 03:24:35 AM »

We've suggested he bring some people onboard before, but he seems reluctant to do so. not sure why though.

One word
Greed

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 02:02:16 PM »

That is awfully presumptuous of you, waylain16.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 01:23:43 AM »

That is awfully presumptuous of you, waylain16.

I agree. My guess is more along the lines of the code itself and how he is writing it than greed. Emi never stuck me as the greedy type.

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 01:50:16 AM »

People have suggested in the past that he limit access and help with coding for a small fee
but he always shrugs it off and says that he is thinking about it
The code cant be all that secretive
The amount is daunting no doubt
It would be awesome if he had one or two more coders
Maybe it is he is protective
Doesn't want anyone getting mad and deleting half the database

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »

It all takes time. If Emi released an update that wasn't thoroughly checked, balanced and debugged I'd imagine quite a few of you would be the first to post complaints blaming Emi for releasing a bad update.
As for bringing other people on board to help with programing etc with the game, Think of it as Emi's cyber child, You'd be protective and wouldn't want to allow someone you've never met before babysit your pride and joy!
A recent event in the forums has probably made Emi more wary of giving people access to sensitive parts of his business.
I know people are getting a bit impatient for some changes, as this round on main has had no real updates since the last round, but the best things are supposed to come to people that are prepared to wait..... I hope thats the case!!
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »

umm emi always releases updates that arent checked through...

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »

Some proof of work is always better than no proof of work

TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 07:39:56 AM »

It all takes time. If Emi released an update that wasn't thoroughly checked, balanced and debugged I'd imagine quite a few of you would be the first to post complaints blaming Emi for releasing a bad update.
As for bringing other people on board to help with programing etc with the game, Think of it as Emi's cyber child, You'd be protective and wouldn't want to allow someone you've never met before babysit your pride and joy!
A recent event in the forums has probably made Emi more wary of giving people access to sensitive parts of his business.
I know people are getting a bit impatient for some changes, as this round on main has had no real updates since the last round, but the best things are supposed to come to people that are prepared to wait..... I hope thats the case!!

Yeah I see where you are coming from. I probably would be protective of it and probably wouldn't trust people online.

Emi, usually put things onto the test server if he need things to be balanced though...
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 03:24:08 PM »

coding=different than moderating/forum work

Coding=requires knowledge OF the language, and assuming emi would pay someone to help him, if they delete half the code, emi can take legal action and many other things against said person. Its probably more just, no one who will do the coding cheap/wants to do it himself.

and TNT, balancing is different than testing for bugs.

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »

Difficult to take legal action in a global internet game if people involved are from different countries!
I hope that something will be ready for the next round on main, so there's still a few weeks left till then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: