Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 04:16:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: old style missions  (Read 9865 times)
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »

Okay I have to say 1 more thing
I just did a 25% mothership mission...
And I lost my top 2 ships... cus I meet 9 fleets, and the 1st killed my lead ship, and the 4th killed my 2nd ship...
Now I know it's part of the game, but to see at 25% that only that first fleet, was 1 ship worth of 165 BILL!!! makes me go wild...
my total ships worth together times 3 wasn't even worth that 3
So there is deffinetly something wrong with the missions... 3
Report to moderator   Logged

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 03:07:27 PM »

the killer fleets are there to slow ppl down so we dont get to high to fast lol im doin alright and i lost a 200 and 300 mill ship earlier in the round

this is a strategy game.  a strategy game should have little, if any, to do with luck.  there is no 'luck' in chess.  there is no 'luck' in command and conquer.  there is no 'luck' in checkers.  if I want a game about 'luck' I'll go play monepoly or something.

and you can't tell me that is just adding a little bit of luck, because it is just not true.  running into a killer fleet every other mission, whereas your opponent runs into none, is just disturbingly wrong.  and right now it looks like that could be the case, as well.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 03:10:38 PM »

yeah ur 2 are so deadly right ... - I even can t c any system in facing killerfleets ... but I have kinda the impression that it has to do with how long u make missions ... or something like this - so if u do missions for like 10 min in a row u get a killer for sure or so ... well but I am not sure on this ppl may post what they observed ...

w/r bb
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »

well then its time to find another source of income, like soppe and i, work the market .....
but yeah is it the same for encounters or just missions i dont wanna lose my new ships

WARS Account= Overmind
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 12:45:50 PM »

lol the market, I'm playing that, but if I do it right I'll only make like 100 mill a day...
And why should I do that seriously if I get more from just doing 1 mission?

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Remfer
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 03:04:17 PM »

I agree with everyone who has mentioned killer fleets.  I was doing 1% missions for a little while, and out of 10 missions, 4 of the fleets were killer fleets that whiped out my ships.  Even 1%!  that is deffinitly a problem.  And the market doesn't even work well, unless you have a lot of segments to put in it, and for that you need turns and credits.
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 06:35:48 PM »

Im still running into "killer" fleets as well, I can do maybe 10 missions with no problem and then get hit with 3 killer fleets in a row. It could be like what broni said about the length of time and such. I am going to do missions and keep a record to see if there is a pattern.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »

i wa actually in the clear for a hwile, but yeah now im startin to feel them again, im not losing my main ship... but losing ur 2nd biggest ship 4 missions after you upgrade on a mission hte same % you were doing fine with b4 the upgrade really is very annoying....

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 01:16:22 AM »

come to think of it... could it be that we are doing missions TO low?  remember before we were talking that there is now an inverse of difficulty, making it possible for a mission to be harder if you go lower.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 03:19:50 AM »

Maybe you are right ars, now that adds a whole new perspective to this argument of killer fleets.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 04:24:11 AM »

the fact alone that 1% missions sometimes can be harder then 20% missions just makes the whole game fuqed. the only time missions are more or less safe is when u got close to a trill power and do 1% missions. thats the only safe thing ive encountered so far since the missions got fuqed (again)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: