Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 12:26:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: truces should include planets and other structures  (Read 5433 times)
milkybarkid
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »

I had a member of space-o attack my planet using his family members account I feel if u have a truce with an alliance or player that truce should also include your planet and other structures ..this will stop people abusing accounts from players who are of a higher fp than them to do the dirty work they cant because they are family members( and have access to account) or alts ...i'm fed up with people being able to abuse the system for there own personal gain ...this matter needs to be addressed one way or another please
Report to moderator   Logged
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 09:28:38 PM »

the easyer fix would b just 2 cancel the truce, why would u want a truce with somebody whos just going 2 attack u anyway

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 11:07:34 PM »

the easyer fix would b just 2 cancel the truce, why would u want a truce with somebody whos just going 2 attack u anyway

I'm not sure of milkybarkid's situation but sometimes its just one person from an alliance that is attacking you and the other alliance won't do anything about it. If you break the truce, all the other members (who are all stronger) is going to attack your alliance.

But to be honest, milkybarkid, you have to talk to you alliance leader and get them to do something about it or talk to the leader of the other alliance and get them to do something about it.

Also, the situation you mention may be abuse of TOS. One player one account, you can't have two or more people using one account. So maybe Emi should be involved.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 11:44:41 PM »

im pritty sure i know whats goin on, it is just one perosn attacking loveless alliance, and most members of that allaince are well above loveless in power, so the truce really is useless cause they cant attack each other anyway

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 01:13:23 AM »

im pritty sure i know whats goin on, it is just one perosn attacking loveless alliance, and most members of that allaince are well above loveless in power, so the truce really is useless cause they cant attack each other anyway

Oh I see what you mean. I guess that is why that member is attacking milkybarkid structures.
I guess if the truce is still officially "on", no attack of any kind should be made or tolerated.

Look people, why can't we just all get along  2

Group Hug!  drunk
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »

haha sorry geno, but its a well known fact 13, we cant all get along 13

now for some reason this person does not like lvoeless, ahh well, poor loveless 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
milkybarkid
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 01:21:46 PM »

it should not matter if this player hates loveless or not ...i'm saying this player or any other player should not be allowed to use a higher players account just because he's family to wipe out other players it's just an abuse of the game and in my opinion plain and simple cheating and i have proof that this was done cos the player who did it emailed me gloating about it ...so this is why i'm saying truces should also include planets an structures
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »

it should not matter if this player hates loveless or not ...i'm saying this player or any other player should not be allowed to use a higher players account just because he's family to wipe out other players it's just an abuse of the game and in my opinion plain and simple cheating and i have proof that this was done cos the player who did it emailed me gloating about it ...so this is why i'm saying truces should also include planets an structures

milkybarkid,

this is an abuse of tos and should be reported to emi if more than one person is using one account
If you notify emi AND give him proof (be that logs or emails) then I'm sure he will do something about it...maybe start a thread in the report abuse section of the forum.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:11:23 PM by Genotype » Report to moderator   Logged
milkybarkid
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 10:53:04 PM »

I did report it to emi and sent the emails as proof ...nothing has been done
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »

actually, what he did is not against the TOS...

You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders. The multiple accounts should not be used in any way in that would have any connection with another account of the same person. This includes taking advantage of the superior power of a higher account to help or facilitate an action of a lower account or otherwise.

here's the thing, from what you said, he did NOT attack multiple times using multiple accounts... he only attacked you with a SINGLE account that was actually in range.

---edit:
btw, this topic is supposed to be 'truce including planets' however iirc this is a feature already put in place... if not then yes, it should be in there some way or another... and until then just deploy a small 1 space ship in the system.
however what this topic is actually being is just to find out if the person broke TOS... which afaik he did not.  and even if he DID, you do not go on forum to put such things

so... this thread is invalid straight from the beginning
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:13:55 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »

You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders. The multiple accounts should not be used in any way in that would have any connection with another account of the same person. This includes taking advantage of the superior power of a higher account to help or facilitate an action of a lower account or otherwise.

From what I have been told by other people via PM, two accounts is actually attacking milkybarkid. Both accounts are being used by this commander's family member (brothers). One account, is used to attack him (cause its has similar fp) and the other, is used to attack his structures (cause its much stronger and higher ranked).

You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders.

So his attacker broke the above rule...assuming of course that what milkybarkid and other players saying is true.  19

and even if he DID, you do not go on forum to put such things

Well...you can actually. You can post it in the Report Abuse Thread and must give specific examples and evidence.

In regards to the truces including planets and structures, I think milkybarkid wants some sort of system where the game will "prevent" a player from attacking structures if that commander is in a truce with the alliance. Right now...truces don't mean much. Each individual member can do whatever they want no matter whether their alliance has a truce.

Personally, the way the game is structured right now...there is no point retailiating against the attac. PvP serve to hinder your progression in the game. I tend to ignore attack unless I am confident I can get a good 'score'  laugh

In terms of planets: get them relatively early and dump as much segs and creds as you can and upgrade the planet as much as possible so you have the highest amount of colonist with the highest amount of combat bonus. People only attack planets if their cost of attacking it is less than what is destroyed. I mean no one destroys a planet if it is going to send them completely broke  laugh

I think the problem here is that milkybarkid has created planets relatively late in the game so his number of colonist and combat bonus is very low...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:42:56 PM by Genotype » Report to moderator   Logged
milkybarkid
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »

actually, what he did is not against the TOS...

here's the thing, from what you said, he did NOT attack multiple times using multiple accounts... he only attacked you with a SINGLE account that was actually in range.

no He logged on to an account belonging to a family member who is in the top 5 and used it for hs own personnal gain and as it says in the TOS......You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way....SO CLEARLY AN ABUSE COS HE USED ANOTHER ACCOUNT TO ATTACK
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »

right... after the higher up account attacked you... did he then attack with the lower account?

if all he did was attack with the higher account, and that's it, it would be no different then someone else attacking you.

now, making 5 accounts and then having all 5 of them attack to get around the limit to how many times you can hit secret base... THAT is against TOS. or even just 2 accounts tbh.

--edit:
regardless, he said that offending person did attack with multiple accounts, so this is kinda pointless because he DID break TOS.

--edit #2:
forgot to add... it actually depends... so your saying if 2 brothers living in same house decide to play SO at same time, they can't help each other because they will be considered 'alts' of each other?  have you ever thought his family member may have hit you back?  that's not going against TOS...  and how exactly are you going to prove it is in fact that it was the same person?  maybe he just asked his bro and he agreed to let him use his account to do so... it wouldn't have been any different then if he did it himself.

and besides, this STILL doesn't change the fact that this is REALLY not a suggestion...  really more of a report abuse thread... so it's STILL in the wrong section.  and again as I said,  I think this is  already in place
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 02:46:09 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »

ok, as a former moderator, let me clear this up right now.

even if you were hit with another family members account as well as his own, point in blank, it is the same as 2 seperate people attacking, as long as it really IS his brother's account, and not his. You would have to be able to PROVE, with cold hard evidence, that he didn't ask his brother to help him by hitting you, which you could do to ANY in game person. so unless you have a in game message from him with him admitting to controlling both accounts for THAT attack (regardless if he has used his brothers account before), it's not an abuse of ToS. We had a case like this before, and that was how the ruling went. Emi can't punish someone jsut because they have the same IP as someone else, as some families have multiple players, but only one computer in the house.

Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 02:30:01 AM »

So just to clarify:

We pretty much need a confession from the culprit. Anything else is too vague to punish?
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: