Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 11:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: How many of you are going to follow through?
I will - 5 (45.5%)
I won't - 6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: suggestions for Main...  (Read 8814 times)
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »

Alright, lets see......

No warp option:  BRING IT BACK!  It was good being able to choose how much power somebody needs to warp us, so that a noob cant come along and attack us with a trainee battleship causing us to warp.....

Higher research cost:  I honestly didnt really notice(I dont memorize how much research costs from round to round) but it sounds like a good idea in general, making it harder to max, however I also feel it gives an even bigger advantage to donators....(as if they dont have a big enough advantage already)

Defender getting credits:  Good idea overall, because it does prevent people from being totally thrown out fo the round and having their dreams of top 10 crushed in just one attack.   HOWEVER I believe they are STILL getting too much back even after the update, and that the attacker should get MUCH more....

Another thing i think NEEDS to be changed about the game is what counts as a succesful attack.  It should be based on cost, NOT power.  In the last few days, I have made several attacks in which i kill 3+ mains and only lose pships and decoys.  Sounds like a succesful attack right?  WRONG!  Because the pship fleets i put up to counter the defenders counted for so much power, the attack was not succesful.....  That attack cost the defender a ton more money than it cost me, and most people would say that the attack was very succesful, as i killed 3+ leads without losing any of my own.  This should be changed.

Feel free to make any comments.  16
Report to moderator   Logged

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »

Agree about defender getting too much back.
It is a good thing but they shouldn't get more than 50% back.
Also agree on the attacks.
Basing attacks on credits would show successful attacks better than the current system.
Also why can't I attack someone 500% of my power?
If I wanna choose to kill myself like that its my choice and I get to suffer the consequences right?

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
J-Bomb
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »

you did the wrong thing total with that warp  ! ! ! ! !

u need to take out u get warped AWAY!

it goes stright into and attack what every power i am!

like it was before

plzs do it like this, it work the best, i say !

Jonathan AKA djjbomb
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »

Agree about defender getting too much back.
It is a good thing but they shouldn't get more than 50% back.
Also agree on the attacks.
Basing attacks on credits would show successful attacks better than the current system.
Also why can't I attack someone 500% of my power?
If I wanna choose to kill myself like that its my choice and I get to suffer the consequences right?

Agree with the attack %. And credit base for success. Defender needs to get 30% or less...winner get 60%...no 10% of your fleets cost bullshit..
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 12:05:22 AM »

I think we shouldnt let people who don't play to their full ability make suggestions at all.

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 01:14:54 AM »

Tempted to agree, but then again at least she is on the forums lol.
We need more players on here, before we go limiting who can make suggestions.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 01:27:59 AM »

does that mean i cant post here anymore?

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

does that mean i cant post here anymore?
Exactly what it means! 16

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 01:44:08 PM »

I feel...unwanted.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 12:20:28 AM »

good thats the message we were trying to send

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 02:08:29 AM »

i remember when you had to used 200-300k turns to get top 10, you had to travel the galaxy and do missions - bring it back to that so kyle doesn't have to max out with 71k used turns, thats proof you can get 1st with planets.

I would say add me to the list, but that would be an empty threat, I already choose to quit years ago.. when planets became hugely profitable and interactives slashed the amount of encounters to almost nothing - thats when i gave up.

I liked just mindlessly traveling the galaxy and having a choice of 6 missions and encryptions.  and if you traveled right you never ran out of turns at lower levels... simple was better....
How I see it.....
the defender compensation credits keeps some players still in the game, instead of wiping them out causing them to quit

...a good thing

Attacker rewards can be less than the losers compensation

- this isn't good.  over years of being super aggressive i found the best way to keep players in the game was to wipe them out over and over forcing them to adapt and learn how to play, you'd be surprised how well revenge keeps a player playing...  A good half of the remaining players got welcomed to this game via a dozen nebs and every last ship being destoryed over and over by players like me (well probably mostly me, seeing everyone's afraid of attacking each other now-a-days) They kept playing cause the only way to get revenge on the not a very nice person that killed them was to learn how to beat him :p
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:15:46 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

glandimor
Private

Glandimor, The Sneaking Panther

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 06:07:42 AM »

Ok, this is how I see it:

Defender getting creds back: Considering re-selling ships would get 50% back, no more then that, maybe even a set 25% or 10%, giving the defender the option of getting half back from selling for sure, or getting a quarter or a tenth if they get attacked and lose. Maybe even randomize between several percentages. Besides, who says the attacker can't get a 'bonus' for wining, making it, say, 50%-70%, thus both sides win.

Research costs: As a recent newb, and still a semi-newb this round, the research costs looked enormous to begin with, but once you raise enough to research bases, get a couple of good ships, and build the stupid thing, things get flowing most of the time, unless someone blows it up, which for me, happened once, and it barely phased me, so research costs? My verdict, harder to get started, unless you pay, but just as easy once you're under way.

No Warp Option: Now if this is what I think it is, they brought it back, but if not, from what I read, HECK YA! You should be able to choose if a guy with 5% of your fleet power will warp you. I mean, oh, the poor newb could lose all his fleet power, so sad. He shouldn't have attacked the guy that had 500% of his fleet power. Anyone should know that!

Now I'm relatively new myself, especially to the forums, but come on people, just play the game to have fun! Yah, maybe the people who pay $50 get top ten, so what, they get a $20 rebate, who hoo!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:41:06 AM by glandimor » Report to moderator   Logged

"I do not have a forum sig pic cause I don't know how to put the !@$#% thing on." -Me

"Captain! He's alive!" "$@%!#, where did I go wrong!" -Who knows, but he ain't a captain no more!
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »

i remember when you had to used 200-300k turns to get top 10, you had to travel the galaxy and do missions - bring it back to that so kyle doesn't have to max out with 71k used turns, thats proof you can get 1st with planets.

I would say add me to the list, but that would be an empty threat, I already choose to quit years ago.. when planets became hugely profitable and interactives slashed the amount of encounters to almost nothing - thats when i gave up.

I liked just mindlessly traveling the galaxy and having a choice of 6 missions and encryptions.  and if you traveled right you never ran out of turns at lower levels... simple was better....
How I see it.....
the defender compensation credits keeps some players still in the game, instead of wiping them out causing them to quit

...a good thing

- this isn't good.  over years of being super aggressive i found the best way to keep players in the game was to wipe them out over and over forcing them to adapt and learn how to play, you'd be surprised how well revenge keeps a player playing...  A good half of the remaining players got welcomed to this game via a dozen nebs and every last ship being destoryed over and over by players like me (well probably mostly me, seeing everyone's afraid of attacking each other now-a-days) They kept playing cause the only way to get revenge on the not a very nice person that killed them was to learn how to beat him :p

Agreed.

@Glandimor, I don't know you, and was so long, so I didn't read it...sorry  16
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »

How I see it.....

...a good thing

And this has worked out so well.
This is how it has been and now we have practically dead servers.
Because while yes revenge can be a great motivator only a few will keep playing because of it.

glandimor
Private

Glandimor, The Sneaking Panther

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 09:44:01 PM »

@Truth Of Mind, that's okay, I was just getting my two cents in!  3
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:46:50 PM by glandimor » Report to moderator   Logged

"I do not have a forum sig pic cause I don't know how to put the !@$#% thing on." -Me

"Captain! He's alive!" "$@%!#, where did I go wrong!" -Who knows, but he ain't a captain no more!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: