Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 04:53:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [ EDIT ] NEBS!!!  (Read 9255 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »

ok im f**k**g sick of seeing all the self/ buddy nebing thingy out there.

people hide in nebs the entire round and dont give anybody a change to attack them.

easy fix. make it so that getting a neb will cost you 20% of your credits not 20% of your power...

if you have to lose 20% of your total credits. this should include marines on hand and also marine losses. also ships in reserve. money in stash and in planet.

EDIT - just a slight editing of the title 1

For the other moderators on the board, I am not deleting this thread because it is a valid opinion whether people agree with it or not.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:24:05 AM by TNTTony » Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Obscurum
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »

I approve of this topic  12
Report to moderator   Logged
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »

i approve of f**k**g condoms.

got anything to add?

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 01:17:50 AM »

I approve of condoms and the post about nebs.. Oh, and boobies  1
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:46:48 AM »

i prefered the original title...

anyway. i think its an update thats needed, if your going to be in a neb and get protection then that protection may as well be costly

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 04:50:14 AM »

No comment on the original title.

However, nebs and in particular buddy/friend nebbing is a serious blot on an otherwise good game. I'm not sure how loss of credits could be the deciding factor in getting a neb though. I do think there should be a cost or risk to being in one.

My thoughts:

Your economy requires you control to make it work, while you are HIDING in a Nebula you are not in control so cannot gain any benefit from facilities you are not in control of ie. planets, mines and secret base. These will not produce (or production will be reduced) credits or resources. That'll encourage people to be in free space more.

Also with planets, your hiding so can't go visiting all your old haunts (that wouldn't be hiding would it), colonists are an untrustworthy bunch so, for each hour you spend in a neb there should be an increasing % chance that planets will revolt. The risk of not being in control.

as an aside I would also consider a new commander skill, Foment Rebellion, to give an increasing % chance of sending planets into revolt without having to invade. Once the skill is in place there would be a turn and credit cost to attempting the coup.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:04:00 AM by Fester » Report to moderator   Logged
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »

Like you guys said before yourself, people who are doing this, are not abusing anything, they are just using the rules for their own benefits laugh

But in some way I agree, I don't think it should change to credits, but let it stay 20% of power, but it should change from the fact that sum1 with 300.000 power can attack some1 that has like 10 quad power in galaxy, not a single person would do such (unless he has zero ships and you can raid of course but that's different) I think sum1 or Emi himself should think think of a good way to settle this...
I know it does't settle everything, but at least that way you won't have low accounts being able to neb the big accounts..

But I don't friend/buddy nebbing should change as it's always been a good tactic..
It has always been part of the game and I don't think it should change that much, it's already been made more difficult with the 24 - 20 - 16 - 12 hour neb.

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 02:05:57 PM »

Maybe another option is to make it that gaining a neb is no guarentee. Having more than 20% of your power destroyed could give you a 5/10% chance of a neb. This could be increased by using commander skills similar to the ability to increase your warp chance, but it should be costly.
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »

That wouldn't be fair at all.. If you're unlucky you can lose everything and still not be in a neb and get your ass raided...

How 'bout this (saturn gave me the idear, since you are hiding):

Everything stays the same...
But if you are in a nebula (hiding) you can not travel through galaxy, or do missions or aliens or encounters or gain stuff from planet or space station? But can still do mothership contracts (you have to be at least able to do SOMETHING))
And if you click any of these stuff it will bring up the message: This action you take you out of the safety protection of the nebula (or something like that)

How 'bout that?? I know you can do missions and use up all your turns, and then hide again, but at least it's a little more time for other players to attack them (also like the reduction of neb times)

EDIT:
Okay I thought about this and this way you can't acturly do anything if a player is watching you constantly, so maybe make it so that if you do any active things in the galaxy the message will be like: This action will reduce your retaining neb time to 1 hour... at least then you do have some time 1 ?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:36:29 PM by A^Bloody^Idiot » Report to moderator   Logged

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 06:40:00 PM »

Another idea just popped into my head.........
Nebs's are clouds of hot radiactive material, these have a toxic affect apon life forms, even with heavy shielding...... Whilst ships are under cover of a neb, the toxic effect will cause casualties on board any fleets, so maybe any marines. workers will go into negative growth (5% per hour?) This will mean constant neb'rs will have to pay a cost, and staying in a neb will mean you will have to keep resupplying marines to keep your ships safe.
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »

That could work, however with all these penalties I would suggest they kick in after a period of time like 6 hours, not everyone uses buddy nebbing and if you are away from your computer for a while it would be a real pisser to come back to empty ships.

The only other possible penalty to constant nebs would be that turns are generated at a slower rate while in the neb.
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »

Yeah that sounds better. the 1st 24 hours, this ship shielding will protect its inhabitants, the longer the neb cover the greater the effect. Once the diminishing neb timer has reset like it does currently the effect will do so too.
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »

Never mess around with the turns 16

But Saturn you're saying: If I have no marines, and I get zeroed, I wouldn't even get in a neb, 'cus I wouldn't have that 5% to lose in the first place... Maybe the workers yea, but if you place them all in your planet, which most ppl can do up to like when you have several trillions of them, then your planet start to get low on segs...

But I don't think there should be much limited as the time has already been reduced..
Maybe make it so that lower players can't attack 500% or higher through galaxy ? Unless counter of course...

But it should be maintained as some sort of tactic

Just popped into my head: How about 1 player can only attack (regular or board) some1 once every 24 hours IF the person who is attacked gets inside a nebula.. so he can still raid and scout multiple times, unless he went in a nebula 'cus of you, then you have to wait another 24 hours before attacking.. ?? This might work, as your neb expires the 2nd time after 20 hours.. and you can't be buddy nebbed by the same person for 20 hours..
I know you can not then kill the person aswell, but this might work, but then you can't constantly attack him (not that you can now, but that's up to you 16 )

ABI w00t2

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 07:12:31 PM »

No, the marines have no effect on whether you get a neb, they only come into play once you've been in a neb more than 24 hours, then they start dying.
Not sure the 1 attack idea would work. One tactic of pvp is to try taking out powers and  swarmers before hiting mains, this would stop that. Another tactic is to reduce peoples neb times so that unless the attacked player can log in within 12 hours of being neb'd, he will be open to attack.
I'm not a pvp'r but I dont want to reduce pvp opportunities.
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 07:18:44 PM »

Yea that's why I said they have to chose between more attacking and just 1 hit per 24 hours or this way it's now (all the time neb 16)
But that's why I said it only counts when you get a neb, 'cus I can immagen you wanna attack again if the player has not gone into neb when you killed powerships...

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: