Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 12:08:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stabilizers vs Disruptors  (Read 12537 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »

To equalise the costs of warp tech how about just dropping stabilizers to 1%, disruptors are double the cost - so that makes them equal - it also makes it harder to achieve high levels of evade.  Thats a fair change, and its basically what I proposed initally anyhow.

Of course Blackmoron will somehow twist it so that Im getting some unfathomable personal benefit for losing half my warp evade.

Personally, I would also increase disruptor tech from 2% to 3% - WARS is about attacks, but no-one has attacked me in - god knows - about 5 months.

If I was attacked, then in one counter attack I could convince them they wanted a counter attack system change too - Im sure I could make a counter attack an extremely convincing argument.
Report to moderator   Logged
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 01:20:57 AM »

WE DEFINITELY NEED STABILISERS REDUCED IN EFFECTIVENESS.

We certainly, absolutely, positively, extra-specially, far and away without a shadow of a doubt need to implement a change to Stabilisers and Disrupters.

I wholeheartedly concur with Amagnon's assessment of this facet of the game.

Half the Effect of Stabilisers and double the effect of Disrupters.

This should be implemented yesterday. :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »

actually ive reconsidered. think of it this way:

if 2 commanders spend all of their turns on research, one spends all his turns on stabilizers, the other all on disruptors. if dirsuptors are upped and stabilizers downed, then the player with disruptors will have no chance of ever warping. i actually think it is fine now. amagnon has clearly been researching some major disruptors recently, you must see what i mean.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »

amagnon has clearly been researching some major disruptors recently, you must see what i mean.

This IS a joke right?

ANyhow - just in case your actually out of your mind, as you seem to be often these days Ill set the record straight for you.

As I repeatedly said in the forums (and I might go and look for my posts actually) I have been leaving the middle order guys alone - because I wanted players to exceed 10 mil segs and get into the top game.

This changed recently when guys like Jessie and Black started flaming me - so I just said - screw it, Im going to hammer everyone. 

I had high level disruptors while I was in AI - because we had high fleetpower, so I needed them them to PvP at all - Ive since added more levels.

Just because I wasnt hitting you, doesnt mean to say I couldnt - but now, frankly you asked for it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:02:10 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 11:08:54 AM »

yes i did. if i flame u, come for me.

but people like whitelightercarl didn't ask for it

he never did anything to u
had 4 mil segs
doesn't have gold account

yet u attack him

thats y i came for u
i knew i would lose segs and ships and a lot basically, but i needed to try something.

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »

even better than a change, though, is a few players who are willing to TAKE A RISK and make an attack. im one of 3 people i know who in the top 30 that have tried to make an attack vs someone around their power in the last month or so. Zelox, Nightguard, myself. we dont NEED cheaper warp disruptors, we need players who are willing to attack.

u guys wine too much. the counter system and attack systems all work perfectly fine. if you know how to attack then you would. stop complaining. if u want to attack someone, do it. emi, please say that

honestly amagnon, ive kept myself under control until now, but just shut the hell up and stop trying to change the game to help yourself.

You keep saying that im too noobish and too small to understand what this does for the game. this is a WARS Server, DEAL WITH IT!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:52:33 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 12:07:44 PM »

lol i thought that might be why u countered so hard  16

but i dont think thats the reason. the reason was my defense wasn't good enough.

seriously amagnon, take it out on me, not people like carl.

and please reply to my in game mails, they might help u understand my reasoning.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: