Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 05:41:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stabilizers vs Disruptors  (Read 12531 times)
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 01:17:29 AM »

Blak, you are entitled to your opinion, but please try not to repetitively slander.  19

Anyway, in a frivolous attempt to get back on topic:
From what I can understand, I think that this would be a good idea, because (As others have said) the agressors need to be favoured for it to be real WAR server.  1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:32:49 AM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 09:49:19 PM »

amagnon, you presume we are complete idiots. you have given away nothing the average player (top 60) does not already know.

riv, i think you're on to something, can you plz explain in more detail.
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »

amagnon, you presume we are complete idiots. you have given away nothing the average player (top 60) does not already know.

riv, i think you're on to something, can you plz explain in more detail.

well if you want.

atm the warp techs are to powerfull the techs atm are made for rounds that get ended by d-day.

there are a few problems

1. warp stabs are cheaper then disruptors
2. both give 2%
3. we grow slowly in power so it take about 20 years 2 max out so every 1 can tech stabs for 2 months and you will never attack him since he will always be at 95% warp
4. people just power up on counter 2 insane lvl because of it even if you were 10fp and the guy your attacking has 3tril fp you would still have 95% warp
5. if emi were to change it 2 99% warp the server will be death with in 7 days with the current counter sytem wich is imo with current setup will destroy pvp for any 1 not teching stabs.
6. base option always try 2 warp

ok here is what i think should be done and if your giong to post i post this for my self so i can zero you all then dont even bother to respond.

1. you make disruptors and stabs cost the same.

2. you both lower them to +1% warp away or +1% disruption this way you need tech lvl 95 and not lvl 45 2 get to 95% warp evasion on some 1 with no disruptors and you make the cost go up by big amount at lvl 40 so new players can tech up disruption ezyer.

3. you can change the warpevasion to 99% but only if warpstabs and warpdisruptors arent calculated into the warp evasion when your giong to counter so if your at the same fleet power as the guy you want to counter the evasion change will be 1%. so basicly the new tech stabs to abuse the -6 hours on counter on every attack will be nailed in the ass. you do the attack you take the counter you dont hide away at 95% tech when the guy that wants 2 counter you is at 50% your FP and you warp 15 times. basicly its a 24hour neb that will last until emi pulls the plug.

this will also help new players that come up 2 players that have been playing for a few month and have lvl 20 stabs that attack them but they cant counter and leave the server afther 2 weeks because they know they cant do anything to grow.

4. you take out the always try 2 warp option but leave the 10% or lower it to 5%. this way people dont warp on every single damm attack improving pvp by 50% already because most warp are because of that always warp option.

so with all these change put in the wars server will be a Warzone with a few tweaks here and there from emi ofc

basicly you can run to lvl 40 stabs you can go above that but the cost will be higher emi can pick by how much.

now you can post here and say removing warpstabs and disruptors on a counter is unfair but if you had the balls 2 attack some 1 and you get destroyed on the counter you should not have attacked in the first place.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 06:16:48 PM »

i like it all
and i mean that. i think it covers all areas and all problems. thanks for posting in detail

10% bigger instead of 5% would be my preference. definately take away the always try, i argued that for a while.

id also like to hear what other people have to say, i might have missed something.

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »

now you can post here and say removing warpstabs and disruptors on a counter is unfair but if you had the balls 2 attack some 1 and you get destroyed on the counter you should not have attacked in the first place.

i total agree with this, if you are peacefull then it wont affect you but if you are an agressive player who knows he cant be counter attacked then this will make him/her think twice before attacking and would bring back proper defensive fleets again not hide behind warp tech

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 05:18:01 PM »

If someone attacks you successfully, but you cant land a successful attack on them "because they warped away" (boo fkn hoo) - why do you think you deserve a counter.  I say remove counters entirely.  PvP is about attacks - too bad for the losers.

If they warp away then your fleetpower is too high, and your disruptors suck - dont pretend that you didnt make those choices.  Im ranked 16 in fleetpower, but I have a much higher economy than the player ranked 3rd - the fact that I could crush him is self evident.

how can you keep up research the of dissrutors compared to Stabilizers, it would be useless to try, they are like scanners, no one but a limited few even attempt to, its the same with war tech, the defender has way to much of an advantage, if you cant land a successfull counter attack how can you land a successfull attack anyway, isnt that then as bad as self nebbing, the person will grow way quicker than someone who is always being attacked. if everyone does this it will also kill pvp i believe because if person a cant be attacked but person b can it will be better for person b to do the same and never be attacked also, that means person a and b will never be attacked so they wont kill eachother, and a lot of the top commanders will go down this route, why not it is the best, person c who research distrupters can keep up and will be continually attacked. thats how i see it anyway  6

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »

I agree with Slayer, great idea.

Amagnon you're so full of it, it's completely obvious that you're still trying to manipulate things to give at least yourself a major advantage over other players.

EDIT Amagnon removed the post that this was responding to because he saw how right I was and now regrets trying to manipulate the game in his favor. He promises to try harder in the future.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:46:10 PM by blakranger51 » Report to moderator   Logged

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

honestly amagnon, ive kept myself under control until now, but just shut the hell up and stop trying to change the game to help yourself. and just so you know, everyone knows that the player ranked 3 shouldn't be so dont try to use that to prove your point.

rivaris' idea fills in all holes, why cant u be happy with that, u want to benefit YOURSELF.

you are still mad about people being able to raise their power on counters? maybe if Chrys hadn't reserved and lowered her power then the difference between her and Zelox wouldn't have been so great. She used that much power to attack him...

You keep saying that im too noobish and too small to understand what this does for the game. this is a WARS Server, DEAL WITH IT! if you really want me to side with you, which im sure you wouldn't give a rat's @$$ for, then explain it. otherwise dont bring up the subject of removing counters completely again.

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 10:16:09 AM »

Jessie and Blackranger - your comments are nasty and uneccessary.

I can see I raised this too early - Ill wait, someone else will be bringing this subject up again and requesting a change in the future.  I removed the post you flamed - it had info that I dont feel like sharing anymore.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 02:48:21 PM »

it had info and suggestions that i didn't like either.

bring up this topic when u feel it is necessary, but i really dont like spending more time on the forums than in the game

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »

i have no idea what the ecom of the third ranked on the warserver has to do with this in the first place.

you can also say tech more disruptors why would i want to do that for the cost of lvl 20 disruptors i can get lvl 60 stabs ( just a little edit i said 40 but i think its more around 60)

i would basicly be happy with piont 1 and 2.

then you can choise wich road you want to go into disruptors or warpstabs.

anyways when your ready you will bring in your ideas why mine would not work or be unfair when every 1 is at 95% evasion.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:34:03 PM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »

disruptors are 2X the cost of stabilizers, not 3X
i agreed with your ideas riv, im waiting for other ppl to do the same

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 03:53:46 AM »

i have no idea what the ecom of the third ranked on the warserver has to do with this in the first place.

Thats very clear Riv - it has everything to do with it - but its not ringing any bells with you.

Regarding your suggestions - dropping warp tech to 1% is a huge penalty for those who have invested heavily in it.  Anyhow - it doesnt matter what the costs are, so long as stabilizers arent too cheap compared to disruptors - then players will balance it out.

Theres no reason for a soft cap on stabilizers or disruptors - they are incremental already.

Removing warp tech from counters is ludicrous.  Warp tech is the only pure PvP tech available, so your going to remove it from 50% of the combat because you want to play a PVE game? 

Warp tech isnt free - its expensive in turns and Cp - those that have invested in it have sacrificed advances in other areas.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:52:47 PM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 04:16:34 AM »

if you say so, you have no idea what i have been teching.

ok then only change the cost and refund the extra stuff you had to put in the prev lvls.

i already know if emi were to do that the next time i log on my disruptor tech will jump 30lvls for free.

o and give me 1-2 weeks and i will have the same lvl as stabs as you.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »

Warp tech isnt free - its expensive in turns and Cp - those that have invested in it have sacrificed advances in other areas.
[/quote]

thats not neccessarily true. my guess is that some most likely donated lots of $$$.

and yea the warp stabs/disruptors will eventually even out because of cost, but that doesn't mean a change would be pointless. riv's ideas are still held the highest in my mind

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: