Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 12:27:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think a free warp to your own bases will improve the game?
Yes, put it on the tech tree for bases. - 3 (27.3%)
Yes, just make it a basic base function. - 4 (36.4%)
No, it will be exploited (post how) - 1 (9.1%)
No, people with lots of bases will have too much advantage (post how) - 2 (18.2%)
No, I just dont think any change is needed. - 1 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Free warp to your bases  (Read 8738 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 04:07:49 PM »

Just dont make it a tech, it will unbalance, give it to all players or dont give it at all.
Report to moderator   Logged

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »

what i was saying was still a tech, but it it given for every base u have, therefore even the little guy with only one base and one base technology still gets some % of less turns used

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »

theres a simple way to get around this i think, this will tie in with

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,3343.0.html

where you have 1 button to unload your base, why not unload ALL bases at once. This will mean no free warp to each base stopping all exploits like getting free mission jumps and hiding so it still costs to move to bases but no cost for unloading your base, although you wont get charged for travelling whilst unloading. but this will mean that if you want to physically change anything on your base you will have to go there, and also, you will need to turn up at a base to unload ores.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »

teh broken, one of the reason for the free warp would be that you could get closer to enemy's you bought intel on so spending less turns, and be able to go back to your own base afterwards without it costing 400 turns.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »

thats a very good idea tb

ftp, lets try and focus on one idea at a time. we had separate ideas for intel and for bases

for bases, i think tb's idea is good

for intel, why not have 1/2 cost to ur targets. if it was full, ppl would put an alt in a system and buy the contract just to get to a specific place

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

but then you could have a wormhole open up for 5 minutes (or some time period as you will want to attack soon otherwise they may log on and move meaning you bought a contract for nothing) after you buy the contract to get you to the person you attacking and getting back so you end up in the same place hense costing you no turns or something along those lines, otherwise it can be explotied as you can just jump from base to base using the other players turns up untill they cant attack you as they have no turns. also free base jumps means the person with the most bases can do the most missions using the least turns and most playr log off over a base so you will go back to yours or alliance members base so still protected

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 07:18:24 PM »

and ftp
free warp to bases unbalances much more extremely than tech tree...

and tb, could u elaborate a bit, i like where ur going just i dont understand/have enough info to get it all.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 08:53:46 PM »

Due to the high costs for engaging in PvP - Im always posting ideas how to make it more attractive and integral to the SOWARS game server.

This idea is so that people can travel to INTEL contracts more easily, and also maintain bases more easily - it will allow extra turns for use in other ways (theres no guarantee that the extra turns will be used for PvP reasons of course).

If you have a specific problem with the idea - please post your issue - maybe its something we need to think about.

@jessiedog, might be usefull to read before you post, this whole idea started by the thing I stated 3 post back.

Yes at alts, if you make intels lose there turns then people could use alts to mark players on a certain spot making you able to move to any giving point cheaper, so bad idea.

free warp to bases unbalances much more extremely than tech tree...

Why is giving everyplayer the same bonus, the same possibility more un balancing then only giving it to those who can afford to buy even more technology's so making only a few be able to do it. That is unbalancing as then only then top can do it and not everyone.

@the broken, hence I proposed the time limit of lets say 10 minutes. So after every warp you would have to wait 10 minute to perform a next, at this rate you cant just login fast and grind some missions at 15 locations for freee turns instead if you want to wait 2,5 hours. And you cant free run the entire tiem because after you warped you cant do that for another 10 minutes. As I already mentioned the problems you mention here, it is more usefull to then add a comment on the proposed solving of this problem then just pointing out the same problem again.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 09:13:47 PM »

what i mean by unbalancing more is that the people who have many bases, the upper few, will have much greater use for this than the lower few who have none or only a few bases.

just something to consider.

As I already mentioned the problems you mention here, it is more usefull to then add a comment on the proposed solving of this problem then just pointing out the same problem again.

since u say to propose a way of solving the problem, i will go with the broken's idea. i think that being able to empty your bases from one position will adress the bases dilemma. it will keep the bases/emptying away from any exploiting that could be done with this.

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 12:21:15 AM »

As for the highest ranks being able to move a little more freely because they have more bases they also have a lot less people that are in their attack range, how often do you think anyone in the top ten see anybody that has less than 95% chance of warping off ?
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 02:09:25 AM »

Well  - I posted ideas on how to reduce the turns cost for attacking from an INTEL on another post.  The idea of free warp to bases seemed to be the most popular so I thought Id poll it.

After some discussion here it seems there's a bit of controversy - so maybe my other ideas would actually be better.

I proposed;

Free warp to an INTEL contract (TB's idea of having a "worm hole" open for like 10 mins is pretty good to - to allow free return)

or you could just introduce my other idea which was;

Long Range Attack from an INTEL contract.  You simply launch an attack on your opponent without moving - giving you say a 10% attack penalty.  If your attacking from your own base, then your base bonuses are discarded.

TB's idea of an UNLOAD ALL BASES button is fkn gold though.  I think Ill go update my other post regarding that button with that idea - that would be d**n good.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 03:55:26 AM »

Quote from: jessiedog
since u say to propose a way of solving the problem, i will go with the broken's idea. i think that being able to empty your bases from one position will adress the bases dilemma. it will keep the bases/emptying away from any exploiting that could be done with this.
Quote from: amagnon
TB's idea of an UNLOAD ALL BASES button is fkn gold though.  I think Ill go update my other post regarding that button with that idea - that would be d**n good.

This has not such a huge benefit because on bases that create credits you will want to drop resources that base does not have so after unloading all you would still need to have to visit your bases that produce credits and that miss 1 or 2 resources.
Long Range Attack from an INTEL contract.  You simply launch an attack on your opponent without moving - giving you say a 10% attack penalty.  If your attacking from your own base, then your base bonuses are discarded.

Why not just pretend in the attack you are at his place, so his Base does support him so you have the risk thats a station helps him out, further more then intel should not be deleted till that person either moves/warps or goes to nebula. So no more low ranked people who buy an intel and prevent the high ranked from doing it.
Free warp to an INTEL contract (TB's idea of having a "worm hole" open for like 10 mins is pretty good to - to allow free return)

As mentioned before this would just ask for abuse as you could move around with alts and put an intel on some noob to make your main account able to travel to the entire universe at no cost. (ow no it costs 10 mill a contract) And making you automaticly warp back after x amount of time has no use aswell. When I attack someone I calculate my entire attack sometimes I'm just preparing an attack for half an hour. But if you put the limit to half an hour you can easily abuse it only with the fun thing you can do missions for half an hour and then you will have half an hour you get warped back to were you came from.

Still I would be in favor of Amagnons first idea, with the additional tweak I proposed, still wanting people review this.

Quote from: jessiedog

Quote from: Amagnon
Due to the high costs for engaging in PvP - Im always posting ideas how to make it more attractive and integral to the SOWARS game server.

This idea is so that people can travel to INTEL contracts more easily, and also maintain bases more easily - it will allow extra turns for use in other ways (theres no guarantee that the extra turns will be used for PvP reasons of course).

If you have a specific problem with the idea - please post your issue - maybe its something we need to think about.

And again you say well lets do this yeah lets do this, but it has nothing to do with the first post made by Amagnon the reason why he wanted this. The base maintainance was merely a bonus to it. So please try to keep that in mind as I alreayd pointed that out once.

Edit: Making intel jumps cost less turns, dont we have warp items for that?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:38:12 AM by FTP » Report to moderator   Logged

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:22 AM »

warp items and a commander skill as well
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 04:38:41 AM »

Why not just pretend in the attack you are at his place, so his Base does support him so you have the risk thats a station helps him out, further more then intel should not be deleted till that person either moves/warps or goes to nebula. So no more low ranked people who buy an intel and prevent the high ranked from doing it.

Yeah - Im not sure you understood me there FTP, if your target is at a base then his base bonus should count of course.  Its just that the attackers shouldnt be able to get a base bonus when making a Long Range Attack.  I really think this is probably the best idea for reducing turns costs for INTEL attacks.

The Free Base Warp is still a good idea though - but I think maybe its something that needs to be introduced at the start of a new round, might be a bit of dispute trying to have it implemented onto the current server.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: