Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 20, 2024, 12:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Demolition Derby.  (Read 8386 times)
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:05:18 AM »

Basically.

Wild Bill is a Entertainment superstar, he travels the Universe and sets up a game once a week or once a month where commanders enter a ship into his demolition derby. Once all the ships in, there's a huge knock out round robin competition beamed live to billions and billions viewers around the universe.

Mechanically.

Either Wild Bill sets up shop in a particular system somewhere in the Galaxy, or another menu item is added to the interface. Wild Bill sets a cost limit and you design up to 10 fleets. You enter your Fleets into the Demolition Derby, and on the day, Emi has a script run that randomly pairs opponents up, battles are fought, and the winners carry over to the next round with their remaining fleets, random battles are fought, and the winners carry over to the next round with their remaining fleets .... until there is only 1 left. AT the end of the Script and full battle report is listed for each player involved so they can see how their ships went, and a Ranking board is maintained so you can see how you faired overall as well.

If it cost 1 Billion for everyone to enter, and 100 people entered, then the winner would get 100 Billion credits. If the script was in play, you could have multiple categories .. ie 1 Billion, 10 Billion, , 100 Billion, 1 Trillion, etc, etc.

Anyhow, just would something fun to add to the Wars Server. Thats the basic idea, I'm sure it can be refined ...
Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:17:14 PM »

And then some people enter with a fleet of kamikazi  12

lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:17:10 PM »

But a kamikazi fleet destroy's itself, so all fleets have a lower limit for HP or somthing like that. 1

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »

Yes but if I build a nice fleet I will wipe out your fleet aswell resulting in 2 parties without ships 16

lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 05:31:55 PM »

Then both will be knocked out of the tornement.

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »

The thing is, if you are carried to the nextround with just what is remained of ur fleets, then there will only be 1 or 2 rounds. And if the players use superships, then there's a possibility that there will be draws cos they are basically of the same class.

I think it should be like this: first, a special quadrant is made, that can only be accesed in the tournament. Then the participants are moved there with a defined number of segs and turns and creds. Then they are set loose. In there successful attacks should decrease segs a lot quicker., that on the server, and up to a complete 0. So, people who reach 0 segs and 0 ships are out, and the rest continue until last man remains standing.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 08:44:06 PM »

I like the idea but im not sure how it would work. Wouldnt the top players be able to put in huge ships and crush everyone else?

But something other than what we are doing currently sounds like a good addition to the game. Little "side games"

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 02:59:35 AM »

I like most of Tzarkoth's ideal but I would rather see 1 fleet of up to 10 ships in it and have commanders be able to enter their ship/s at any time during the week/month then have the contest run on one day say maybe once a week/month that way anyone who wants will be able to enter even if they can't be online when it happens, also no commander or mothership module bonuses would apply to it. Any ship you enter becomes a reserve ship that you can't activate till after the contest.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 04:26:37 AM »

kinda all over the place, my post might not make much sence...

hmm, 1 fleet 5-10 ships sounds good. and reserved untill the contest is over is a definate.  it might require a diffrent script to run the llittle game/contest but maybe have it so that there is a max FP your cant pass(allowing an even chance for most players.) the new script would be for the attacking part, which could be pretty cool. the recommended fleet type would be a gun boat. high attack, medium hp, and good amount of defence. (this would allow for ship diversity) there would be several rounds. it starts off with player1 and his 5 ships against player2 and his 10 ships. player1 attacks kills 3 ships and player2 attacks and kills nothing. they continue untill at that rate until player2's fleet is completely destroyed.player1 and his left over ships(lets say he has 4 ships left) continue to the next round where he will fight the winner of another round(player4) they fight player 4 has 3/7 ships left and player 1 has 4/5 ships left player1 attacks kills 2 of player4's ships and player4 kills 4/5 of player1's ships. player 4 continues to the next round where he faces the winner of another round (player 5) player 5 has 1 ship left and player 4 has 1 ship left player4 attacks kills nothing and player 5 attacks and kills nothing they attack again, and again untill one of both loses tthier armada. so its basically an elimination game, where your fleet attacks multiple times, that has several rounds. preliminary's, semifinals, and finals. the best part is there are several ways to win you could have a high defence preventing your fleet from taking more damage, high attack and try to finish ppl quickly, or high attack, and hope its high enough. 5-10 fleets would reduce kami ships. this would also test our ability to design ships since its a fight to the death.

WARS Account= Overmind
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 10:11:35 AM »

Yeah .. I envisioned a script that would be run once a week or once a month. Not everyone lives in the same Time Zone or plays the same hours, so a script would definitely have to be the way to go. The competition is set for a number of Credits, ie 1 Billion ... and everyone builds a fleet worth 1 Billion, be it 1 super ship or 10 fleets of whatever.

It'd take a fair amount of programming from Emi ... Not sure if he would have the time or inclination to do it ... But it would be fun.

If Emi is willing to do the programming then I am sure we could refine the system, and I can certainly go into more detail. We'd need more people interested though ... as again, it would take Emi's time, and I'm not sure if that could be better spent elsewhere.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »

well, im interested. it it adds another thing to look forward to.

i think there should be a minimum amount of ships per fleet to prevent the use of supers. supers are good for missions, swarmers/ kami's are good for attacking, and gunboats(which are pretty cool to design and can vary from person to person) could be the perferred ship for this mothly or weekly Derby. I really insist on gunboats because there are many ways you can build them, and a i also insist on a a max power limit, so that defence will have a fair chance against hp and attack, since hp and attack give more power then defence.

finally it could cost like 10-what ever bill (max power limit scales with entrance fee) and there could be multiple winners, the reward money could be based on the price of ships killed. you kill 100Bill worth of ships you get 50Bill, but you might have lost 75 bill worth of ship that rewards would be only for the top semi finalists and finalists . each one getting more than the other since obviusly 3rd place killed more than 4th place(unless 3rd place had a more expensive fleet to fight so the reward would also scale to ships killed.) then the actuall winner could get 75-100% of ships killed and 50% -75% of the entrace fee.(emi gets to make a lil profit too). ohh, and then to recieve a report you add 10% more to the entrance fee to higher an agent to record what happens(it would just be an option like.. higher agent to make reports or join with out reports. ) or not and just give them out for free.

i really like this idea, and would love to see it implemented. since there is no dooms day on the war sever, ours could be like a test of designing skills.

WARS Account= Overmind
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 08:39:13 PM »

Zerg .. you set the entry level to something reasonable .. Like 1 or 10 Billion ... And that is all you are allowed to spend on your fleets.

The way Supers would battle each other out, is that your ships wouldn't repair between rounds. Otherwise you could run into infinite scripting problems. But if you carry over damage from the previous round ensures everyone gets blown up eventually.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 04:08:04 AM »

I guess I should have stated that there should be more than one contest each month as in several levels that way smaller guys could enter them also without haveing to use all their creds to do it say possibly 1,5,10,20 bil sets maybe even have a different type of ship each week swarmers week 1 supers week 2 gunships week3 and unlimited (any type ships not any size) week4 don't even need prizes as far as I'm concerned just put the winners in a hall of fame page same as round winners in SO.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 04:47:43 AM »

well idk about the reward either. its just haveing something to look foreward to and improve on, a new challenge.

id like to have a min and max power limit.

WARS Account= Overmind
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 01:08:40 PM »

I would say use a min and max cost limit.  the power you can get for that is up to the designer, this gives eveyone a chance to prove who is the best designer and or fleet commander. and with damage carried over this will be a very good thing I like very much.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: