Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 10:40:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Grinding - SO WARS  (Read 10422 times)
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »

*sigh* i am almost tempted to say get rid of missions all together and put randomly generated commanders/fleets out there so that players can gain segs the same as pvp. the stronger u are, the fewer enemies that u can fight but the more reward and challenge per fight. the enemies could be generated by a function using the average size to fleet power ratios of commanders and then making em a lil stronger (to encourage actual pvp). this solution would also solve the problems of growth rates, noob starts and finding a reasonable number of appropriate targets.

*note* if it is felt that this would cause TOO much growth TOO quickly the turns required for an attack could also be scaled based on the ai commander's power for example 1 turn/ every 75mil power (would cost 1k turns to attack some one with 75bil pwr)
Report to moderator   Logged

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 12:03:34 AM »

I don't have a big problem with the plans up here alrdy but at the very least I would like to see segs go up 5 or so every 50 encrypt lvls so you at least can see yourself gaining. I would also like to see resourse missions available to people below lvl 50 encryp so that the small newer players can get resourses maybe set it up like the events but tied to your encrypt lvl after 50 you can't see them anymore. The resourse missions would raise encrpt lvl just the same as a seg mission would so that it can't be abused. (to the best of my knowledge it would NOT help anyone in the alliance I belong to)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:16:17 AM by basill » Report to moderator   Logged
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 03:03:22 AM »

i dont like it at all... just gives people with a high encrypt a big advantage.. and you couldnt put a limit on how many missions you could do a  day... just grind it out more... or maybe go 5 turns for 150 segs.. dont need a huge increse... i have over 300k segs almost all from pvp

Not sure I understand mate?  How do higher encrypt players get a bigger advantage out of this than anyone else? 

From my first suggestion - its a flat increase to segs and turns for all missions - that will effect everyone the same.

The second proposal of a sliding scale actually costs the higher end players more turns to gain segs - so the incentive to PvP for segs is higher. 

So niether of my suggestions helps people with high encrypts.

If you were referring to Basils suggestion - then I agree with you - there is absolutely no justification for increasing the gains at the high end, they should be slowed down to close the gaps between players imo - players are already widely spread out - that would just add to it - and you can just about forget any PvP - youd have like 2 valid targets - the person above and below you, and youd probably never find them.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 03:24:51 AM »

the whole point of sowars is a slow growth rate so people wont ever max... it sucked to go missions for 50 segs each but thats part of the war server.. i say keep it like it is

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 12:19:51 AM »

slow growth is understandable and a must, but 8hrs or more on a game doing the same thing every day gets really really boring. increase segs per mission and turns... 500segs per mission and 30turns per mission. if you want more slow growth make turns easy to burn.

WARS Account= Overmind
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 12:36:21 PM »

By raiseing the turn cost, you get the same rowth rate, It just only takes half an hour a day rather than 4 hours

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 12:46:32 PM »

I do kind of like the suggestion of larger fleets and mother ships taking more time to move thus more turns per jump. it makes sence that a 90 seg mother ship will be able to move faster and better than a megaton class mother ship. I say leave the missions the way they are but as motherships grow so do the turns to move them.  Thus a real motivation to put a few CPs into the warp tech in your commander section lets say for every 00 or 100k segs you add to your mother ship the cost of moving in the galaxy goes up a % or some such. thus you solve the problem of your mission grind and at the same time balance the game.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »

I do kind of like the suggestion of larger fleets and mother ships taking more time to move thus more turns per jump. it makes sence that a 90 seg mother ship will be able to move faster and better than a megaton class mother ship. I say leave the missions the way they are but as motherships grow so do the turns to move them.  Thus a real motivation to put a few CPs into the warp tech in your commander section lets say for every 00 or 100k segs you add to your mother ship the cost of moving in the galaxy goes up a % or some such. thus you solve the problem of your mission grind and at the same time balance the game.

it would be nice but this would kill any kind of pvp on the server since you can only attack when your on the star were the player is at. unless ofc every 1 makes 10 alts and swoops true the galaxy looking for targets to hit.
also this would make you empty you bases around 1 time each month.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 01:27:13 AM »

frank... no it doesnt make sense. there is no gravity or friction effecting the ship. a larger ship can have a great % of its area devoted to a power-core/ engines thus allowing it to both accelerate faster and move faster.

regardless of the sense argument though, i think that it should be curved in favor of tiny players so that they will be encouraged to pvp

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 03:20:19 AM »

perhaps growth would be to fast with my sugestion but franks sugestion isnt about gravity or wind resistance its about inertial force (I myself don't want his sugestion but it is sound spacial mechanics)
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 08:19:16 PM »

franks suggestion, seems to encourage the use of alts to attack stronger players.

WARS Account= Overmind
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »

Suggested format, tie the sliding scale to the level of the missions.  So if you want you can chose to do the lower missions for more segs.

Scale suggested

1 to 250      - 5 turns, 250 segs
250 to 500  - 10 turns, 400 segs
500 plus - 20 turns, 750 segs

Emi please - for the love of SANITY - can you have a look at this idea?  Theres some guys who are grinding endlessly, then getting smashed for lots of segs PvP, we dont want any TEARS!  Also - Im a mission hater - please - I think most people really want this!
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »

Second

WARS Account= Overmind
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30:29 PM »

if you believe most folks want this please make a poll to see the outcome.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 06:27:17 PM »

if you believe most folks want this please make a poll to see the outcome.

The polls already been done Frank - not a huge turn out of voters - not sure how many people log into here - but overwhelmingly they wanted a change - you can find the poll on this forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: