Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 09:45:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: problems with bounty system  (Read 10096 times)
Armageddon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 10:03:29 PM »

LOL... What a Crap...

The bug affecting Encounters was for all guys and you were in the negative since beginning and not since someone threatened you...

Report to moderator   Logged
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 10:11:52 PM »

in my first week or so davey was trying hard to kill me attacking with alts and such.. when i noticed my rep droping a started to see a problem i was going to enter his range soon and then it would of been al over, so i sent 1 ship into encounters for a while and kamakzied my rep so i was way out of his reach. of course its gone up about 15 tril sence then but that worked.. and if you had any intelegence you could of done the same thing to avoid me.. or try too

Armageddon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 09:57:08 AM »

i did tried to keep my bounty down but due to the bug i could not... i did not wanted to keep bounty down rather than grow exponentially...

And after the bug is resolved, i think i am out of your bounty range..

and i will like to keep this thread only for suggestions rather than discussing other things.. So this will be my last post on this subject in this thread...
Rachel
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:05 AM »

we're getting a little off-topic here. personally i'm very happy this encounter bug got fixed, but that was only half the problem. if u can get bountied till really all of ur ships are gone, there is just no way to be safe if u have a negative rep. if in the normal battle system u get a neb to be safe, then why not in the bounty system?

In Game --> AMI
Armageddon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 10:47:22 AM »

Sir Emi,

Can you pls. Consider this point? Everyone is raising the same Concern...

Can we have some limit on the number of times a guy can be bountied?
We have limits for direct attacks  and the max number of times a player can be attacked in a day... then why not keep a limit on bounty attacks??
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 03:30:54 PM »

If your so evil you got a bounty on your head, thats your fault anyhow  15

So why limit it?

I'm a murderer, kill 50 people, then I ask the judge, can we just convict me for just one of them I'll go for manslaughter aswell. As I like to LIMIT my punishment.... right....

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »

you got the bounty on your head you pay for it, if they fail and didnt get money your bounty wont be removed so they can attempt again, its just another stragey that makes the bounty systeum so deadly if you dont like it, quit

Armageddon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 09:00:39 PM »

LOL... Looks like you are scared Lamma... asking me to quit just so you can play in peace... Again  both you guys are way off-Topic...

Its just not me... there are another tens of good player supporting this suggestion... and this thread is opened by Losted and not me...

So FTP & Lamma - if you dont have any suggestion, just ** Shut it ***

DONT SPAM THIS THREAD...
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »

LOL... Looks like you are scared Lamma... asking me to quit just so you can play in peace... Again  both you guys are way off-Topic...

Its just not me... there are another tens of good player supporting this suggestion... and this thread is opened by Losted and not me...

So FTP & Lamma - if you dont have any suggestion, just ** Shut it ***

DONT SPAM THIS THREAD...

Armageddon dont you try telling me again I spam, especialy when I'm not. If a suggestion is made EVERYONE MAY REACT ON IT, if they are infront of it or against, that prominent players are infront of it doesnt mean I may not say I'm against.

If I make a stupid suggestion in you eye's you can post, that you dont support my suggestion or if you like it you can post that. All comment that are aimed at a suggestion given are on-topic wheter you like the comment (opinion or not).

Next time you feel like playing staff think before saying such things, dont like those accusations.

And when we are talking about off-topic..... you post was off topic as it has nothing to do with the thread only ment to shout to those who dont like a suggestion. And which ofcourse means my reaction to your unnecesairy post is off topic aswell.... yeah I admit

-Be warned-

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 10:43:24 PM »

My main suggestion for the bounty problems is as follows:

You allow 5 clean attacks bountywise. Now, after 5 attacks, like the nebula, you enter something refered to as "Space Distortion". from that point on, if that commander bounties you again within 24 hours, they have a 50% chance of losing their STRONGEST ship. Meaning attacking someone risks you losing  your best ship, wither it is reserved or not, to prevent people from reserving better ships so they don't lose them.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 04:41:19 AM »

aloow i successful bounty attack - pay the amount of reward due and recalculate new reduced bounty and improved rep, safe from next bountie 12 hours.   

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 06:20:32 AM »

the bounty system is fine- if u cant keep your rep positive then why should you get away with only a few attacks that may or may not do harm to youand dont forget that there are limits to the bounty-a commander has to have fleets that would cost 10% of the bounty or more- otherwise he wont be available for bounty- so if u have a negative rep either to adjust the cost of your fleets acordingaly or decrease your bounty to the point where people wont be able to bounty you 16

fletch
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 06:56:08 AM »

i know its messed up i had a positive rep over 24000. had a few encounters i had to do more than 1 time one day and checked i had a rep of -34000.by what some of you are saying  i people should be able to attack me as often as they want cause i was pushing the envelope on how big of a encounter i could do.  taking out reavers doest change your rep or at least it hasnt mine, and this was after doing nothing but reavers for 2 hours a couple days ago. i think to be fair to everyone whos got a real bad rep because of this bug either bounties removed for rest of round or put limit on how many times a bounty can be attempted, not per hunter either im saying 2 or 3 tries total for the bounty and if not collected in the 2 or 3 attempts. the bounty be removed
Rachel
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 02:40:27 PM »

so if, wether by choice or not, u have a negative rep, u deserve to get all ur fleets whiped away? just cos ur way of playing doesnt allow u to have a positive rep u deserve it that u cant be safe in any way? i dont agree

In Game --> AMI
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

i say people should get to attempt 3 bounties per player per day... and i mean that you should only be able to bounty one person 3 times in a day, and if someone else bounties them they should only get 3 times... and so on..

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: