Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 12:19:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Call me crazy, but here's a new idea!  (Read 12125 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »

if you knew how to play and got 5 billion on the first day of the new round that little bit would almost garantee you a massive lead for the rest of the game, just like Ronald is now but probaly bigger, like a 300-400billion lead by now simply cause you got so much in the beggining, cause i mean for the first few days gaining 100mill is like a weeks worth of work
Report to moderator   Logged

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 02:46:52 PM »

I would support a rate increase of maybe 25 million credits every 10 ranks. ex.- players ranked between 13207-13197 would receive 1 million credits, while players between 27-17 would receive about 32,950,000,000 credits. By the time you get to the top, you are looking at about 33,000,000,000 credits. I feel that this rate would have a slight effect on inflation, and would be fair to all players.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 03:59:02 PM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2006, 03:59:50 PM »

OK, let's say someone has their birthday the day after a round starts.  Coincidentally, they were #1!  They get 11.75 bill credits!  Hooray!  They are able to stay well ahead of everyone else for a while due to the nice head start.

Someone else has their birthday 7 months after the round begins.  Due to the head start so many players got (or, inflation of power in the SO galaxy), they are only rank 204.  They get 10 billion credits!  Too bad that 10 billion credits is worthless now, as far as the top players are concerned.  This player jumps in rank all the way to...187!  W00t!

Now let's try the other way.
A player has his birthday 1 day after the beginning of the round!  Knowing he'll get extra mission credits, he builds power fleets.  He would have 1% missions worth 4 million!  He gets 40 million credits.  Not enough to overwhelm everyone else, but still a decent amount.

Another player has his birthday several months later.  Due to nobody getting a HUGE advantage from the birthday bonus, he is still in the top 30.  He buys a bunch of power fleets while in a neb, grinning as the countdown to his birthday ensues.  He gains a significant amount!  Not enough to put him at rank 1, but still a decent amount.

The other way (10x1% missions) allows for players who care about this to benefit somewhat without it being overpowering.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 04:22:49 AM »

yes, exactly. But thank you Charmuska for ironing my point our with math. I would of, but math is not my strongpoint.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: