Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 21, 2024, 10:46:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid Battle System - SO Main  (Read 3338 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:08:41 PM »

It's pretty simple, the system determines if you are in the same solar system as your target.

If you are in the same solar system, it's a full assault, ekse it's a remote assault.

Remote Assault Battle - Your fleets insta-jump on the enemy position and try to supress the enemy and capture segments / raid his secret base. The enemy gets a counter on your position regardless of battle outcome.

Full Assault Battle - Your mothership joins the assault on the enemy mothership, but there is also a chance the enemy can evade and warp away. Segments / credits gained is increated by 200% in this attack type. You have to be in the same system as your target. The enemy gets a counter only if the battle is successfull and you captured segments / workers / credits.

Attack Signatues / Counters: You can keep track of them and use them from the Assault Signature button in the Galaxy menu. If you click the name of the attacker, it will take you to the war room. If you are not in the same solar system as the attacker, then the attack is remote, else the attack is full assault.

The Doom Day button is back in the old place.

If you have problems navigating the Ranking buttons, hit F5 to refresh your pages.

Feel free to comment. Thank you.

God Speed Commanders!
Report to moderator   Logged

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 12:10:41 AM »

In the future, could you announce this a day or two in advance so that people know it's coming? I mean this kind of thing can really screw someone over, if, say, they log in and someone has remote attacked them until they were zeroed, but they had thought they would be safe because they were hiding with their space station.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Rachel
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 06:02:13 AM »

uhm blak i think he did. zephyr made a post saying he was leaving so and emi replied there saying something like this was gonna come. anyways i really really REALLY love this update wow wow wow 13

In Game --> AMI
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 06:55:58 AM »

Once again Sir E has done it! He has combined both ranking systems and it is wonderful! I like it... its nice!! lmao!! respeckta emi!!! oh and btw... I aint leaving sorry about that...  16

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 08:08:51 PM »

Yeah but most people don't have time to read every topic on the forum, myself I just browse the general once every few days, and check the updates and news sections whenever I am on.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:46:54 AM »

uhm blak i think he did. zephyr made a post saying he was leaving so and emi replied there saying something like this was gonna come. anyways i really really REALLY love this update wow wow wow 13
Woot@ free mention!
xD

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: