Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 10:20:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PvP Incentives  (Read 21794 times)
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 12:21:30 AM »

I agree that you should make a training alliance.  An alliance would be a much easier environment for people to learn than by having to pm you questions.  and the official training alliacne does not count, because most of the things people learn there is the basics
Report to moderator   Logged

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 08:17:05 AM »

Just for your information, the official training Alliance was actually started by our members. Our members also have access to an account in the official training Alliance and we sometimes, together with a bloody idiot, help several players with advance and basic information.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 03:29:14 AM »

Just for your information, the official training Alliance was actually started by our members. Our members also have access to an account in the official training Alliance and we sometimes, together with a bloody idiot, help several players with advance and basic information.

That's right, we have several veterans with help accounts in the SO Training alliance. This is the alliance you start when you begin in SO Main.

You may also join this alliance again, if you wish to learn more from the info in the board or help newbie players.

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 05:36:15 AM »

anyway i think we are getting off topic.

there have been several good ideas about this, if there are anymore please come post them 13, and emi can u consider and pick the ones u think will be the best 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 12:35:26 AM »

anyway i think we are getting off topic.

there have been several good ideas about this, if there are anymore please come post them 13, and emi can u consider and pick the ones u think will be the best 13

I have noted the nebula idea, and all secret base production / interest will stop when in a nebula.
I did not see any complaints so we can add it.

Please post any other ideas 1

Gor the nebula I would very much like some sort of bonus for being out, but nothing too powerful, something for the low / middle commanders... Maybe your biofarms will have double credits produced while you are out of the neb, something like that.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:40:38 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 02:56:17 AM »

Gor the nebula I would very much like some sort of bonus for being out, but nothing too powerful, something for the low / middle commanders... Maybe your biofarms will have double credits produced while you are out of the neb, something like that.

lol sry but no thats too little a bonus to be called a bonus

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »

lol sry but no thats too little a bonus to be called a bonus

Well it was just an idea, I'm waiting for more suggestions for staying out of neb bonus. Not too powerful, but not too weak...

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 08:17:21 PM »

it would have to be reasonably powerful for people to bother coming out of nebs...

they hide for a reason. because it saves them buying marines... thats a massive save.. its gotta be worth it to come out and pvp

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Nephadral
Lance Corporal

Main: Nephadral(#8913) WARS: Nephadral(#1341)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 09:47:15 AM »

List so far contains:

-> more experience gained during PvP battles
-> when in a nebula: secret base production and interest is stopped
-> PvP planet combat salvage from Raids, Conquer attempts
-> Increase salvage rate on PvP attacks when enemy ships are destroyed
-> Total annihilation of the enemy fleets bonus, special item e.g. turn item or CP when the attacker kills 100% enemy fleets. Power of the item(s) depends on the enemy fleet power.

Some of these suggestions sound like they could lead to abuse by Friendly Fire (PvP against an ally, like cam mentioned)

The nebula solution is not the greatest.  If there is a penalty for a nebula then one only needs to reserve all fleets before logging off (which is what many top players do and is even more anti-PvP than nebula protection) and they will continue to get their mining facility / planet production income.

I am someone who (although I have NEVER been buddy nebbed), uses pships to save money on not having to buy marines.  For me, an incentive to stop doing this would be to make it impossible for a commander with 100x my wealth to want to attack me (he really has nothing to gain from it anyway, he only does it because he can, and has nothing better to do).  If I don't have to worry about attacks from those commanders then I can start looking for targets in my range.

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 02:41:46 PM »

I also think hat salvage from PvP needs to be GREATLY increased.  One reason a lot of people dont PvP is because in order to actually make a profit from PvP, you either need to attack noobs who only use swarmers, or take/kill somebody's main.  Since the first can only be done at lower levels, the higher powered players depend on the latter of the two.  But since taking/killing somebody's main is almost impossible because they are always nebbed or have pships out this is hard to do.  Also, in order to do that you have to actually buy marines, which makes the task of taking.killing the main actually cause yu to loose more marines than credits you are gaining from the attack.  If PvP salvage was increased by AT LEAST 75% this might fix that

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »

grond.

i attack all the time. i lose money on every single attack. it needs to be increased by several thousand times before i make anything.

the way i see it you should be able to be successful in the game by doing just pvp. give people another way to be successful. the way it currently stands people like me are the only ones attacking because we enjoy it and do it to help out our alliance mates.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Nephadral
Lance Corporal

Main: Nephadral(#8913) WARS: Nephadral(#1341)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »

I agree that making PvP the best way to rise in power is a great idea.

I just don't know how to keep alts and alliances from using this too their advantage and constantly just attacking eachothers' fleets to rise in power in an unlimited fashion.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »

I agree that making PvP the best way to rise in power is a great idea.

I just don't know how to keep alts and alliances from using this too their advantage and constantly just attacking eachothers' fleets to rise in power in an unlimited fashion.

In order to achieve a balance between gains in PvP and stopping buddy / alt attacks for gains, there needs to be more destruction to the enemy then the gain of the attacker. Last but not least, the defender needs to be able to play after the attack, so I'm thinking salvage both ways here...

Now, let's take a normal PvP attack where the defender is utterly powned 1

Attacker loss: 5% of the armada
Defender loss: 90% of the armada.

Now we apply salvage on both parts to ensure further PvP in the future between the two parties.

Attacker gets 25% of the salvage on defender losses (items & credits), defender gets 55% from salvaging own fleets in battle (credits), 20% is lost in the fire.
Attacker gets items, defender gets credits from selling the scrap metal 1

Attacker losses:
 -> if attacker is successful, the attacker will salvage 55% of the ships lost  (credits), defender will salvage 25% of attacker losses  (credits), 20% is lost.
 -> if attacker fails, the defender salvages 55%  (credits), the attacker 25%  (credits), 20% is lost.

Of course this will have to take into account resupply bonuses, so commanders with more resupply bonus will get less credits salvage, but the idea is good I think...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:27:45 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »

this sounds like a great idea to me.  that would increase the money gained from doing PvP, but also insures that the defender is not completely wiped out and has a chance to rebuild.  i like it

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »

Yeah sounds good, maybe a little more to the attacker say 30%?
Just don't forget about us over on Wars when you put it in 16

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: