Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 07:21:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Deus Ex on GameTap  (Read 3913 times)
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »

Deus Ex is now being offered for free on GameTap.

You have no excuse anymore, sign up for a free account and play it.
Report to moderator   Logged

qe2eqe
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:29:17 AM »

Use more than one savegame file - that game has got a knack for getting corrupted save files... or maybe thats just my own d**n karma.
Imagine a 0.5% chance any given save will fail to load.

edit--
p.s. It's a frikken awesome game - The textual details in WoW, Asheron's Call, Morrowind... pale in comparison to the characters in that game. I ended up spending lots of points in hacking, just so I could read the e-mails characters sent to eachother (which is tough, considering theres a countdown timer that forces you out of that screen). There was a small bit of cheese in some of the writing - but nothing compared to the cubicular output of WoW's content spewers.

cubicular (adj)- of the cubicle
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:51:49 AM by qe2eqe » Report to moderator   Logged
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »

Hmm, I've never had trouble with save files. It's probably just a problem with the move to GameTap. But, ya, be careful.

Anyways, yes, I really enjoyed the game as well. Of course, it is held by many reviewers as one of the best game of all time. Deus Ex has been most lauded for its fantastic blend of genres and its great story.

El Linked

Oh, on one final note. Deus Ex 2 does not live up to the first, although it is certainly a great game.

hyperion
Private

I strike when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:29:43 AM »

My brother bought the fulll GOTY(Sadly the box was forced into a much smaller box by the post office)
I think there is also a dead thread about the 3rd part somwhere over here.
NOTE: Does anyone know how to keepy Paul alive and how to get the killphrases for the cyborgs?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:15:05 AM by hyperion » Report to moderator   Logged
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:43:38 PM »

From what I can tell, the owners of Deus Ex have been secretly stepping down the price for years. Now it is, for all intents and purposes, free. I if and when they'll take it off GameTap's free list.

Start Spoilers

In order to keep paul alive, you have to stay with him when he tells you to leave the hotel room after his kill-switch was activated. Basically, help him fight off all of the numerous UNATCO/MJ12 agents in the hotel and make sure he survives until he leaves on his own. You'll later meet him in alive in the MJ12 facility beneath the UNATCO building on Liberty Island. After that, he's with Tracer Tong in Hong Kong.

You can get Anna Navarre's killphrase in two parts right before you escape UNATCO and have to fight her. The first half is on her computer and the other half is on Manderley's computer. I've never used it because I have usually killed Anna before this point anyway.

In order to get Gunther's killphrase, you have to tell Jamie to stay at UNATCO, while you are escaping. If you do, you should meet him at a café in Paris wherein he tells you the phrase. You can then use against Gunther it when you're doing the mission with the Templar's gold and all that.

End Spoilers

That's what I love about Deus Ex, just the incredible freedom to discover plot forks and shortcuts completely on your own. Most games have glaring neon signs every time there's a split in the path.

P.S. Wouldn't suck if you were on a mission and someone, by pure chance, accidentally said your killphrase?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:45:16 PM by Chronos » Report to moderator   Logged

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »

what is a killphrase (sorry just curious)

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »

If I remember correctly, it's like a trigger phrase that kills you, or at least something like that.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »

If I remember correctly, it's like a trigger phrase that kills you, or at least something like that.

[sarcasm] Wow, you really went out on a limb there. [/sarcasm]

Every biomodded agent employed by UNATCO was encoded with a special phrase, called a killphrase, unique to the agent. If the phrase was spoken to the agent, then the agent's biomods would quickly kill him. It was a basic fail-safe meant to protect UNATCO from rogue agents using their technology against them.

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 06:06:54 PM »

ah thanks  1

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
hyperion
Private

I strike when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 03:33:09 AM »

Too bad I kill Navare at the train station.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: